Are People In Their 30s, 40s and 50s Not Supposed To Have An Opinion?

Options
5 Grand
5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just Wondering

In the other thread the younger cats implied that older people come off as being bitter.

How should we discuss Hip Hop without offending the younger generation?

Comments

• natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think it starts by not generalizing. I have been guilty of it when discussing the younger generation at times.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options

The same way modern researchers discuss other cultures, without presupposing superiority of their own culture like their predecessors did. Analyze these things as though there is no right and wrong or good and bad that exists outside of the individual's opinion. Things aren't supposed to be this way or that way, they just are either one way or another, and it's irrespective of any claims as to how things should be.

It's not very difficult.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »

The same way modern researchers discuss other cultures without presupposing superiority of their own culture the way their predecessors did: you talk about these things as though there is no right and wrong or good and bad that exists outside of the individual's opinion. Things aren't supposed to be this way or that way, they just are either one way or another, and it's irrespective of any claims as to how things should be.

It's not very difficult.

OK, so I did that and this is the response I got:
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Shut the ? up

• SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only thing that matters is the right now. The past lead us to the point that we are currently at. You can live in the past but it gets to a point to where maybe some things like this new era of music ain't for you and that's ok.
  • bigbird_1
    bigbird_1 Members Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Communicate to those who will listen and to those who don't want to hear what you have to say, sit back and watch them learn the hard way
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TheNuttinProffessor
    TheNuttinProffessor Members Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In what?

Shut up ? . Now flag me like ya mother used to
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    not on ? for kids..

now u lookin like the old ? who didnt understand ur music.. or how u dressed..
    see how ? comes fill circle..

why u givin a ? anyway..
    grow the ? up and do ? muthafuckas in yo age group do.
  • Matike85
    Matike85 Members Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Message from 21 Savage about ? like Pete Rock & others

mbg8wfnyy7w8.png
    do4v82b68bf1.png
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    not on ? for kids..

now u lookin like the old ? who didnt understand ur music.. or how u dressed..
    see how ? comes fill circle..

why u givin a ? anyway..
    grow the ? up and do ? muthafuckas in yo age group do.

Inb4bingohalljokes
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    You can have opinions but with opinions there needs to be due research and knowledge of how music goes in cycles. For instance i am 27 but many 30 and 40 and 50 somethings ? about how pop or mumble rap is taking over. Yet old ? can't do they research and see the mainstreams best selling artists have quality bars.

Old ? get mad that ? has been dumbed down for top 40 rap but don't remember that Jazz came through in the early 19000s and then blues pulled up after with a simple yet equally impactful movement. Old ? who try to understand the youngn's but still disagree on some things are respected. But old ? who wanna ? and cry and just down the new ? have opinions that aren't taken seriously.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can have one just don't try to force it on people...

• KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SELASI_i wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    I'm 34 you don't see me in here trying to talk about ? I know nothing about. That ? is bogus. I acknowledge that I don't like it. So I ignore it. That's about it.

Right why give attention to some ? you "don't like". Its still young artist making good music, highlight them so the ones who aren't making the good music can at least see what the bar is.

This the IC. ? gone give opinions regardless.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    let them young ? get they money . real hiphop heads will always check for the real music .