Colorado ? Gets 472 Year Sentence - Longest in US History

Options
The Prime Minister
The Prime Minister Members Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
Brock%20Franklin_1511304237361_11772399_ver1.0.jpg?preset=534-401

ARAPAHOE COUNTY - A man convicted of sexually exploiting women as a ? will spend the rest of his life – and then some – in prison.

In a sentencing hearing Tuesday afternoon, Arapahoe County Judge Peter F. Michaelson sentenced the man found guilty of running a child prostitution ring to 472 years in prison.

That is more than four times the minimum required sentence - and the largest sentence brought down for a human trafficking case in the country.

Brock Franklin was indicted in 2015 by a grand jury for allegedly using drugs and violence to control young girls, often forcing them into lewd acts as part of a child sex trafficking ring.

Four others have already been sentenced for their involvement in the human trafficking ring.

Prosecutors said Franklin preyed on young women and girls who were vulnerable. In his trial, a jury heard from eight of the nine victims in the case.

“Damage isn’t lessened because of where someone came from or where someone did not come from,” an attorney for the Arapahoe County District Attorney’s Office said in court Tuesday.

In a packed courtroom Tuesday afternoon, prosecutors read two letters from Franklin’s victims.

“Every morning I wake up I have to remind myself the defendant will no longer be able to hurt me,” the first letter began.

The victim, identified only as “DY,” wrote to the court about the PTSD, anxiety, and depression she suffers because of Franklin’s actions.

“I began to doubt myself, thinking everything the defendant told me was true,” her letter read. “I am a mother and a soon-to-be wife and I am not all the defendant said I was or to become.”

9news.com/news/crime/the-tough-ones-are-us-women-colorado-? -gets-400-year-sentence/493742788

Comments