Spare the rod spoil the child
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don’t need to beat kids to get them to listen or have discipline

Slave master still got some of you

Or you just don’t get no respect.

My child knows what I want and expect. She knows not to make me raise my voice.

Weak parents need fear and violence
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

something about u raising ur voice scares ur child. at some point u instilled fear and I would guess that ur child feels that u raising ur voice is prelude to violence. to each his own.

a spanking should always have a lesson behind it. some will explain beforehand why the child is about to get a spanking. some will do it during and some do it after.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

something about u raising ur voice scares ur child. at some point u instilled fear and I would guess that ur child feels that u raising ur voice is prelude to violence. to each his own.

a spanking should always have a lessonbehind it. some will explainbeforehand why the child is about to get a spanking. some will do it during and some do it after.

And you need violence to do bolded?
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Yes because what works for your kids is what will work for everybody's kids.

Sounds like that's what some people are saying.
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

a spanking should always have a lessonbehind it. some will explainbeforehand why the child is about to get a spanking. some will do it during and some do it after.

And you need violence to do bolded?

hmm that is a tough question. I spanked my kids when they were young as deterrent for unwanted behavior. it was usually because of willful disobedience. the lesson had already been taught and explained to them. since they were young and lacked reasoning skills they would disobey me or my wife. willful disobedience got u a spanking. so violence wasnt the only tool. it wasnt even the first tool. it was the absolute last tool that i used to teach my kids.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He whooping them little girls out of falling for ? from a ? like trillfate or reppin
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    He whooping them little girls out of falling for ? from a ? like trillfate or reppin

I like how you excluded yourself.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    How does a man hit his girl like that? Like how?

The same way he probably hits their mother

im curious why a man beating his kids got to do with hitting a woman?

its his job to discipline as he sees fit to keep
    them right. how does the transfer to a woman ?

so I guess he steals an kicjs puppies too

The bold is a slippery slope because some folks version of that is literal abuse
  • blackrain
    Options
    babelipsss wrote: »
    Sure I got punished for different things. Usually extra chores or some type of restriction. It was tailored to fit my disobedience. I was also rewarded for good behavior too which is just as important. People use whippings, beatings as some type of magical catch all for everything. What does whipping a child with a belt have to do with bad words?

we can't say what hrs trying to instill in them.

the Jackson's got beat for missed dance steps.

who are we to judge?

And that family certainly turned out normal didn't they
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

The bold is a slippery slope because some folks version of that is literal abuse

Does this slope applies to police officers?
  • blackrain
    Options
    dnyce215 wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »

Does this slope applies to police officers?

It should but history tells us it doesn't
  • Copper
    Options
    Kat wrote: »

I like how you excluded yourself.

? have I done you bastard?
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I bet you thought you was real funny with that lil one lonely “lol” you got ?
  • Kai
    Kai Members, Moderators Posts: 704 Regulator
    Options
    I won't call it abuse but it's a fact corporal punishment does not work. I would much rather invest my time in activities that would be conducive to bringing out the behaviours I want to see in my kids. That ? is harder and takes more work than an ass beating tho

The bigger crime is that this ? is online, they should go to jail just for that, attention ?

• Copper
    edited November 2017
    Options

I bet you thought you was real funny

Stopped reading right there....yes

U cant tell me ? with these 120k + lols
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've seen enough abuse to know that ass whoopings dont work anymore. Parenting is so important now than ever seeimg how kids are exposed to so much more with the internet and seeing undisciplined kids at school or outside playing. If they have questions answer them all no matter how annoying. You don't want to give kids the impression you don't want to listen to what they have to say cause they're very observant at an early age and develope habits of the people they're around the most.
  • Copper
    edited November 2017
    Options
    ? that I can honestly say I can count on one hand how many whoopings I got, they worked and I deserved each one

They were always followed by a conversation about what I did why I did it and why it was wrong and what is expected of me.

Whatever parent whipped me the other had the conversation.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? that I can honestly say I can count on one hand how many whoopings I got, they worked and I deserved each one

Being boxed up by my body building dad got my hands and weight right, but never hit a female and never hit a ? that didnt deserve it.
  • Copper
    Options
    Id backbody drop the ? outta kat though...on a pile of wet bricks
  • sunlord
    sunlord Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was an evil little boy. I set the house on fire, tortured animals, crazy glued a baby's hands to the side of his face, and tried to get my baby brothe bitten by ants... i did so much bad. father had to beat the evil ? out of me so

Physical punishment can work it just depends on the child and their age and situations. For most children a systematic process of consequences for bad behavior should be enough
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Crow thinks "fear" is power, but he's wrong. A beaten dog may fear you, but the second you turn your back he's gonna strike. Real power comes from respect."
  • blackrain
    edited November 2017
    Options

They were always followed by a conversation about what I did why I did it and why it was wrong and what is expected of me.

Whatever parent whipped me the other had the conversation.

Now how many people you know had conversations about the why afterwards...or is it just parents bragging about how much they ? their child up? Alot of people feel like as a parent you don't have to explain anything to a child.
  • Copper
    Options
    Sounds like you people mostly have an issue with the parenting and not the actual whipping