Ma$e - The Oracle (Cam’ron Diss), Cam'ron responds with Dinner Time

Options

Comments

• Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »
    I ? w some of that southern ? though. TI, Jeezy, Luda and krit probably my favorite artist after k.dot n j.cole right now. But I get what u saying, alot of that other ? be super dumbed down musik

J Cole is from the South. That's the problem Y'all think South = GA. Y'all mean you don't like rapping Georgians under 30...but you say South. Pusha T, Malice, Pharell/Neptunes, Timbaland, Missy, Chris Brown, Trey Songz, and Skillz are some of the rappers/R&B artist from VA alone.

Those are all dope artist. Why aren’t they in the forefront? Y’all rather push 21 savage and migos than the dope artist y’all have. See this is the issue I have with the south. It’s like you know you love stupid ignorant ? but then like to hide behind artist who you think are “smart and conscious.”

Y’all ? tried to paint Kevin Gates as smart and that ? wild ? . Posting up inspirational quotes and have the nerve to post his picture. That’s the ? y’all look up to?

As much as I think 3K is overrated, I wish artist from the south like him was leading the charge. ? even Wayne. There’s no denying that the south runs the radio airwaves for hip hop. And y’all choose to play the dumb ? .

Bruh, who is y'all? NY radio doesn't play 21 Savage and Migos? And like I said all 4 of them are Georgians under 30. Who are the 21 Savages/Migos/Yachty's of VA? Of North Carolina? Of D.C.?

The real problem is you got too old for the music. And I'm not knocking you for it because I did too. But people like a 42 year old 3 Stacks aren't gonna lead the charge.

NY rap failed imo because y'all didn't successfully pass the baton to the new generation. That's why Jay, Fab/Jada, Cam/Mase are getting more attention than anyone else from NY right now, and they're all over 40. Who's in the forefront for NY? Cardi and Nicki?

See you're reading comprehension skills are failing you again.

He didn't say 3K, he said an artist LIKE 3K.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I ? w some of that southern ? though. TI, Jeezy, Luda and krit probably my favorite artist after k.dot n j.cole right now. But I get what u saying, alot of that other ? be super dumbed down musik

J Cole is from the South. That's the problem Y'all think South = GA. Y'all mean you don't like rapping Georgians under 30...but you say South. Pusha T, Malice, Pharell/Neptunes, Timbaland, Missy, Chris Brown, Trey Songz, and Skillz are some of the rappers/R&B artist from VA alone.

Those are all dope artist. Why aren’t they in the forefront? Y’all rather push 21 savage and migos than the dope artist y’all have. See this is the issue I have with the south. It’s like you know you love stupid ignorant ? but then like to hide behind artist who you think are “smart and conscious.”

Y’all ? tried to paint Kevin Gates as smart and that ? wild ? . Posting up inspirational quotes and have the nerve to post his picture. That’s the ? y’all look up to?

As much as I think 3K is overrated, I wish artist from the south like him was leading the charge. ? even Wayne. There’s no denying that the south runs the radio airwaves for hip hop. And y’all choose to play the dumb ? .

Bruh, who is y'all? NY radio doesn't play 21 Savage and Migos? And like I said all 4 of them are Georgians under 30. Who are the 21 Savages/Migos/Yachty's of VA? Of North Carolina? Of D.C.?

The real problem is you got too old for the music. And I'm not knocking you for it because I did too. But people like a 42 year old 3 Stacks aren't gonna lead the charge.

NY rap failed imo because y'all didn't successfully pass the baton to the new generation. That's why Jay, Fab/Jada, Cam/Mase are getting more attention than anyone else from NY right now, and they're all over 40. Who's in the forefront for NY? Cardi and Nicki?

Ok, well I said "like" too then. Go sit somewhere with that dumb ? , haha
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    Gunit revolutionized the mixtape game! Gunit had a way better run then dipset. I ain't seen ? wearing dipset shirts n sneakers everywhere. Dipset was mostly a heavy NY movement, Gunit ? seemed worldwide

I respect all that g unit ? thats why i said personally, so not mad at anyone that disagrees.

But just like i was a huge eminem fan at the time, most of his ? aged horribly. Thats how i feel about a lot of g units material.

They all fell off right after their first album except 50. I cant even count game as g unit bc that went to ? quick. Shout out to the ghost unit mixtapes n g-unot ? tho. Classics.

Banks changed his whole ? voice after his album debut n he was my fav. Went to soundin like he got shanked in his rib n it got stuck there or somethin.

Dont get me started on tony yayo. I know a couple ppl that bought into the hype n copped his album. U just cant trust ppl like that ya know?

Dont think anybody would be hype for a g unit tour these days.

How can u not count game as Gunit, after 50 he dropped the best album on that whole label. Some people even prefer the documentary to 50 album. Dipset fell off too. I would attend a gunit tour over a dipset tour anyday. Yayo was the weak link, but even he put out some bangers.
    But I understand, everyone has their preferences maen. I never got into dipset like that. Besides Cam I thought them ? weren't very good rappers, juelz had a moment. Also, the whole NY gang ? was off putting to me. Bunch of grown ass men wearing red n looking like they wanna be from California.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Why is this thread still goin man?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Puff wouldnt commit to Mase working with his son lmao ? the lil ? is a MAse carbon copy
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »

The video he was referring to when all this started is the Horse and Carriage Video. Mase wanted to charge Cam to do it. So in the video instead of having Mase they had a body double. And I'm not talking about the song I'm talkin about the interview Mase did with Angie.

What a lot of people don't understand is THAT"S HOW IT WORKS

If two people are homies and they know each other from elementary school then rapper A charges rapper B $60,000 to be in his video, then rapper B charges rapper A $60,000 to be in his video. They both get checks for $60,000 and everybody wins.

Cam didn't understand thats how it works.

• gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

then why would you mention his age specifically? dont be stupid. try to have a good discussion without deflecting and trying to get the last laugh
  • gemini86
    Options
    jim jones interview o Breakfast Club. Cthagod still being biased against Mase
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8UtZdpXe-0&t=388s
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jim jones interview o Breakfast Club. Cthagod still being biased against Mase
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8UtZdpXe-0&t=388s

we get it and its already been covered that he has issues wit mase .
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

who are u to tell the south what to like or push?..yall booed outkast now wanna turn around and big up dre now... think ,about all the southern artist who got no shine in the 90s and 2000s that yall gave no ? about who made better music than what we hear today? maybe the rap gods are punishing u for that lol. its crazy cuz the south been liking the bass heavy hook heavy non lyrical ? but the narrative is oh look at the good ole days even tho we talked ? about yall then we wish yall made music like that cuz now its trash naw .... lol
  • gemini86
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

who are u to tell the south what to like or push?..yall booed outkast now wanna turn around and big up dre now... think ,about all the southern artist who got no shine in the 90s and 2000s that yall gave no ? about who made better music than what we hear today? maybe the rap gods are punishing u for that lol. its crazy cuz the south been liking the bass heavy hook heavy non lyrical ? but the narrative is oh look at the good ole days even tho we talked ? about yall then we wish yall made music like that cuz now its trash naw .... lol

i respect it. look all im saying is it would be good if rap lyrics meant something all across the board or at least the majority of it. ? is really looking kids boppish. its good to have a good time but if that ? dont change, 10 years from now its gonna be a complete joke. im speaking for me, hearing a song with just adlibs and bass is just ? . and its an insult to my intelligence and i would like to think it is for our people as a whole. yea the gangsta rap ? is ignorant as well and that should be the extent of it. because its real ? and they putting their life and soul into the music. can we agree on that?
  • bow to royalty
    Options

then why would you mention his age specifically? dont be stupid. try to have a good discussion without deflecting and trying to get the last laugh

Because that still is my point, if you'd read. He's old. The sound of new ATL artist isn't 3 Stacks sound. So whoever ? . 3000, Big Boi, Dungeon Family, Arrested Development isn't the style you're going to hear out of young Atlanta artists.

Get off this crybaby, finger ponting ? . You're from one of the biggest cities in the world, with some of the biggest record labels, and biggest radio stations. Stop acting like the South is bullying NY into music. NY ? ? with popular Southern rap, and contribute to it's popularity too.

When you hear Migos, Future, or Lil whoever on the radio stop blaming the South for it.
  • bow to royalty
    Options

i respect it. look all im saying is it would be good if rap lyrics meant something all across the board or at least the majority of it. ? is really looking kids boppish. its good to have a good time but if that ? dont change, 10 years from now its gonna be a complete joke. im speaking for me, hearing a song with just adlibs and bass is just ? . and its an insult to my intelligence and i would like to think it is for our people as a whole. yea the gangsta rap ? is ignorant as well and that should be the extent of it. because its real ? and they putting their life and soul into the music. can we agree on that?

I can respect this post because of the bolded. You can't speak for all of NY, and you can't speak for the whole south. I agree with your opinion on the music. I just don't agree with saying the whole south likes it, and the South is the only reason it gets play.
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »

The video he was referring to when all this started is the Horse and Carriage Video. Mase wanted to charge Cam to do it. So in the video instead of having Mase they had a body double. And I'm not talking about the song I'm talkin about the interview Mase did with Angie.

What a lot of people don't understand is THAT"S HOW IT WORKS

If two people are homies and they know each other from elementary school then rapper A charges rapper B $60,000 to be in his video, then rapper B charges rapper A $60,000 to be in his video. They both get checks for $60,000 and everybody wins.

Cam didn't understand thats how it works.

The issue is.. Mase let the business stop him from doing the video.. That is what everyone is missing.. Handle the business on the backend but that shouldn't ? with the relationship.

T-Pain was on the breakfast club saying that he and his people are suing cash money for some stuff he did.. But at the same time he said if Baby or Wayne called him to work he would go do the work. The business doesn't preclude the personal relationship..

This isn't that hard to understand.
  • aneed123
    edited December 2017
    Options

my thing is this tho... rap is a representation of the times.... We are the old heads now... the youngins are poppin pills tight clothes wearing weirdos... That's they ? and they like the music they like period.... who are we to tell them what to party to, what to bump in they whip or what to enjoy? We gotta accept that reality, like what we like and keep it movin.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

my thing is this tho... rap is a representation of the times.... We are the old heads now... the youngins are poppin pills tight clothes wearing weirdos... That's they ? and they like the music they like period.... who are we to tell them what to party to, what to bump in they whip or what to enjoy? We gotta accept that reality, like what we like and keep it movin.

I hear that and for me spittin' about takin' drugs can't be worse than spittin' about sellin' drugs, the difference is that now ? don't care about the quality of their lyrics.

80s ? didn't like 90s content but they didn't say the 90s guys can't rap.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Because that still is my point, if you'd read. He's old. The sound of new ATL artist isn't 3 Stacks sound. So whoever ? . 3000, Big Boi, Dungeon Family, Arrested Development isn't the style you're going to hear out of young Atlanta artists.

Get off this crybaby, finger ponting ? . You're from one of the biggest cities in the world, with some of the biggest record labels, and biggest radio stations. Stop acting like the South is bullying NY into music. NY ? ? with popular Southern rap, and contribute to it's popularity too.

When you hear Migos, Future, or Lil whoever on the radio stop blaming the South for it.

And your ? still not comprehending. Cuz he wasn't talking bout a "sound" of artist, he was talking bout their ability as RAPPERS. SMH

You root for the right team. the Bucs are underwhelming and so are reading skills.

• aneed123
    Options

I hear that and for me spittin' about takin' drugs can't be worse than spittin' about sellin' drugs, the difference is that now ? don't care about the quality of their lyrics.

80s ? didn't like 90s content but they didn't say the 90s guys can't rap.

some can rap they just doin they own thing Young Thug is a good example. He can spit. But he on that wayne ye singing ? and his high pitch voice and weirdo pseudo ? antics turn folk off so they automatically scream trash. Naw dude can rap. Kodak black makes good music ... It took me a while to give him a try but he last album had some real ? on it. So my point is we are real quick to assume and dismiss. I remember being young bumpin what I liked in the 90s and old heads calling the same groups and artist we call legends now in UGK project Pat, Hot boys, Pastor Troy No limit wack.
  • bow to royalty
    Options

And your ? still not comprehending. Cuz he wasn't talking bout a "sound" of artist, he was talking bout their ability as RAPPERS. SMH

You root for the right team. the Bucs are underwhelming and so are reading skills.

Lyrical rap isn't the sound in ATL right now. It's not like there's a ? that stole Migos/Future/Yachty's flow, but has Nas' content. So ya, like I said...Lyrical rap isn't the SOUND you're going to get from these young artist out of Atlanta. The music is more about energy than lyricism.
  • gemini86
    Options

Lyrical rap isn't the sound in ATL right now. It's not like there's a ? that stole Migos/Future/Yachty's flow, but has Nas' content. So ya, like I said...Lyrical rap isn't the SOUND you're going to get from these young artist out of Atlanta. The music is more about energy than lyricism.

And that’s my point about it being dumbed down. You don’t think it’s a problem that ? can say googoo gagga for 3 mins on a whole track and as long as the beat is good and it’s up tempo, people are loving it. Why don’t we want better?
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cam is Poppa Doc and Mase was Em from 8 mile
  • gemini86
    Options
    Cam is Poppa Doc and Mase was Em from 8 mile

I memorized all of papa docs lyrics I’m the last battle against Em
  • bow to royalty
    Options

And that’s my point about it being dumbed down. You don’t think it’s a problem that ? can say googoo gagga for 3 mins on a whole track and as long as the beat is good and it’s up tempo, people are loving it. Why don’t we want better?

I agree with you. I do like the music in certain times and places, but yea it's not impressive. Not really a big display of talent. But again, we're old (for the music). The time and places that the music is good, are the time and places I'm in less now. Make me 20-21 again, and it's a different story.