Denzel Washington: Don't Blame The Prison System, 'It Starts At The Home'

Options

Comments

• The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Denzel quote overall is stupid to me though. If you're a hunter hunting a deer and you shoot it with a tranquilizer, watch it struggle to run away for 30 minutes, see it collapse and briskly walk up to him and carve him up was that easy. Yes clearly you've done literally everything in your power to stack the situation in your favor.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    twenty2 wrote: »
    I always say you can blame them for your conditions but not your actions

That’s ignorant of the nature nurture relationship tho and that’s my whole gripe with Denzel’s sentiments....

In theory he’s right but the reality of the situation is...he’s mentioning black peoples problems without mentioning the causes....any doctor will tell you in order to get rid of a cold you gotta ? the virus not cure the runny nose or aches...sure stop pointing out the fact that we have a runny nose, or a fever....point out the got dam virus that’s causing our nose to run and body tenpature to change in order to fight the infection

So by that example... If you know of a way or ways to avoid the virus and lessen your odds of coming in contact with it...would you not? And if and when you do happen to get sick cuz you refuse to wear a hat and gloves...is someone not there to point out when you get sick (usually ya mama, who been tellin you "Boy, put on ya damn hat!"), "That's what happens when you don't wear a hat."???

Is the system is ? up and unfair? ... Absolutely. We've learned and known this since we got kidnapped and brought to this muthafucka. The question I always ask is...

If you know they aimin at you, why you gon' jump in front of the bullet?

The virus being this system.....you can’t avoid it....as much as i hate the way capitalism operates...i have no choice but to partake in it , as much as i can do without...even “living off the grid” can only alleviate some of the issues....

My analogy about the doctor was strictly to point out that it makes no sense to treat our symptoms of mass incarceration instead of attacking the system....as pointed out earlier by madame, poverty is just about as close to the root of the problem as you can get without saying white people and slavery and what followed after are / was / is the problem

The funny thing is if you look at the incarceration percentage by race .....it will clearly show you that the issue is outside of home....there are more black people in prison in the us than there are prisoners in countries like Japan and other big first world countries....

My ? there’s nothing inside the home that can fix that lolol....740,000 black MEN in prison and roughly 33-40,000 black women in prison....we make up over 50% of prison population while being only 13 in some change % of the total population .....my ? that’s not home training lol that’s system racism/oppression....tf is wrong with y’all ? ??

I love Denzel like a uncle....but my family would
    Never get a pass talking crazy like this ....

Wait... So you mean to tell me that there is NO way(s) to avoid the prison system? And IF, even by chance there was, that home training plays no part in that?

There is no way that every single african American can avoid the United States Criminal justice system...can one ? Yes, can 2 ? yes, can 3? Yes... can more than half?? stats say no....and the reason is not because we aren’t being properly trained at home LOL think about it...Its almost a common black comedy routine to talk about how strict our moms and grandmothers are...the average african American mother or grandmother is strict or at least has the respect of the average african American child, it’s usually one group you see run all over their parents....

Tbh it’s not home training, it’s social training and or conditioning....we gotta turn them tvs off and social media has to be limited...but again I’m speaking from a collective...y’all sound like “i got mines i don’t know why y’all won’t act right and get yours too” type ? ...? is set up for a select few to appear to be doing ok, while the rest suffer...and those who are selected can’t see it cause *que the movie where the white dude says “If you take him away from the group for a while he will feel like he is one of us”

The bold goes against what some ? been saying over the past few threads about women and their lack of ability to maintain control and/or raise young boys and garner respect from them
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

That’s ignorant of the nature nurture relationship tho and that’s my whole gripe with Denzel’s sentiments....

In theory he’s right but the reality of the situation is...he’s mentioning black peoples problems without mentioning the causes....any doctor will tell you in order to get rid of a cold you gotta ? the virus not cure the runny nose or aches...sure stop pointing out the fact that we have a runny nose, or a fever....point out the got dam virus that’s causing our nose to run and body tenpature to change in order to fight the infection

So by that example... If you know of a way or ways to avoid the virus and lessen your odds of coming in contact with it...would you not? And if and when you do happen to get sick cuz you refuse to wear a hat and gloves...is someone not there to point out when you get sick (usually ya mama, who been tellin you "Boy, put on ya damn hat!"), "That's what happens when you don't wear a hat."???

Is the system is ? up and unfair? ... Absolutely. We've learned and known this since we got kidnapped and brought to this muthafucka. The question I always ask is...

The virus being this system.....you can’t avoid it....as much as i hate the way capitalism operates...i have no choice but to partake in it , as much as i can do without...even “living off the grid” can only alleviate some of the issues....

My analogy about the doctor was strictly to point out that it makes no sense to treat our symptoms of mass incarceration instead of attacking the system....as pointed out earlier by madame, poverty is just about as close to the root of the problem as you can get without saying white people and slavery and what followed after are / was / is the problem

The funny thing is if you look at the incarceration percentage by race .....it will clearly show you that the issue is outside of home....there are more black people in prison in the us than there are prisoners in countries like Japan and other big first world countries....

My ? there’s nothing inside the home that can fix that lolol....740,000 black MEN in prison and roughly 33-40,000 black women in prison....we make up over 50% of prison population while being only 13 in some change % of the total population .....my ? that’s not home training lol that’s system racism/oppression....tf is wrong with y’all ? ??

Wait... So you mean to tell me that there is NO way(s) to avoid the prison system? And IF, even by chance there was, that home training plays no part in that?

There is no way that every single african American can avoid the United States Criminal justice system...can one ? Yes, can 2 ? yes, can 3? Yes... can more than half?? stats say no....and the reason is not because we aren’t being properly trained at home LOL think about it...Its almost a common black comedy routine to talk about how strict our moms and grandmothers are...the average african American mother or grandmother is strict or at least has the respect of the average african American child, it’s usually one group you see run all over their parents....

Tbh it’s not home training, it’s social training and or conditioning....we gotta turn them tvs off and social media has to be limited...but again I’m speaking from a collective...y’all sound like “i got mines i don’t know why y’all won’t act right and get yours too” type ? ...? is set up for a select few to appear to be doing ok, while the rest suffer...and those who are selected can’t see it cause *que the movie where the white dude says “If you take him away from the group for a while he will feel like he is one of us”

The bold goes against what some ? been saying over the past few threads about women and their lack of ability to maintain control and/or raise young boys and garner respect from them

Its funny when you use peoples ? they ascribe to another situation and then you put it in the context they give a ? about they act dumb, deaf and blind
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Maybe it's 2 different MFs sayin it.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    7figz wrote: »

I've seen ? agree with some ? that goes directly against some ? they said in another thread. I called @5th Letter on it a couple days ago in The Reason
  • twenty2
    twenty2 Members Posts: 255 ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    Denzel quote overall is stupid to me though. If you're a hunter hunting a deer and you shoot it with a tranquilizer, watch it struggle to run away for 30 minutes, see it collapse and briskly walk up to him and carve him up was that easy. Yes clearly you've done literally everything in your power to stack the situation in your favor.

And if deer after deer continue to walk into your trap even after watching other deer do it and not end up so well are you not going to say... "? deer... Makin it easy for me today!" Matter of fact, you gon' go back home, talk about how stupid deer are, and brag on your "accomplishments"...

But... We ain't deer... And we should be able to figure out the traps.......and even if we can't avoid them completely, can we not lessen our odds?
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've seen ? agree with some ? that goes directly against some ? they said in another thread. I called @5th Letter on it a couple days ago in The Reason

"culture of personality"
  • 7figz
    edited November 2017
    Options

And if deer after deer continue to walk into your trap even after watching other deer do it and not end up so well are you not going to say... "? deer... Makin it easy for me today!" Matter of fact, you gon' go back home, talk about how stupid deer are, and brag on your "accomplishments"...

But... We ain't deer... And we should be able to figure out the traps.......and even if we can't avoid them completely, can we not lessen our odds?

Hold up bruh - call me out of line if you want because I haven't been following y'all particular discussion.

Are you saying that people who take issue with his statement don't think we should lessen our odds - so to speak ? Because I think that's so beyond obvious that we're assuming that's a given.

But that pales in comparison to the efforts being put forth to oppress us.

If somebody can bring up "lessening our odds" then they damn sure can talk about racism.[/font]
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    He's right.

But black people do make it easy
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    He said we are making it easy for them

? ...
  • sunlord
    sunlord Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sunlord wrote: »
    The government flooded the Black community with drugs but nobody made us sell or use those drugs..... and the viciousness at which we killed each other for them is all our fault. All races do crime but ? took ? to the pit of hell and made the communities hell.

Again foolishness that attempts to disregard America's history. Yes of course you first point is correct but if you have no other way to provide for your family what are you expected to do? I'll drop a little note to explain. All through NJ at least on record schools are desergrated but off record it's a different story. Even in my town there were two public schools, one in my part of town and one in the noticeably whiter part of town. Guess which school the majority of blacks went to. Then guess which school had overall better funding. These has been and continues to go on.

History is what it is and it's never going to change so are you going to use history as a scapegoat forever??? And by the way Blacks were poorer in the past poverty in the 1970s - 1980s was nothing compared to the depression era but we didn't ? each other so much as we did during the ? era and forward. You being poor doesn't justify murder and it is the killings that caused even black politicians to push for harder jail sentences during the ? era.

This is why I put that timeline in the previous post and said ? aren't as smart as they think. It's not history this continues to effect present day but ? are too blind to connect that dots. Mandatory minimum were repealed only in 2010 under the free sentencing act though some states illegally still push it. Under said laws even recreational marijuana uses was punishable up to 5 years in prison which judges usually pushed for since they also had stock in the prison industrial complex. For just using a dime bag for recreational use and taking a plea since most werent able to afford lawyers you are cut off from the job market and then cut off form receiving aid for higher education. This continues to go on today with overzealous DAs and corrupt judges. Facts.

As far as your second part you continue to oversimplify the world and refuse to truly look at history. Historically crime rates were lower specifically murder rates because we don't see a major advance in weaponry until ww2/Vietnam and secondly because by the 70s and 80s government sponsored ? dealers were actively destroying Black communities and Black families on purpose.

I honestly don't understand why it's so hard for ? to admit that "hey for the majority of Black history and even to an extent today in American we have been hated and actively tried to be destroy."

Nobody literally NOBODY in this thread is arguing against personal responsibility simply saying don't be blind to what's happening and what continued to happen. And that YOU CAN BE RESPONSIBLE AND STILL FAIL. You can try your damn hardest and still fail. That's the reality of being Black in America

What's happening is that even after blacks learn the history we keep on doing dumb ? . And want to blame the government who we already know doesn't give a ? . We have know about the governmental involvement in the drug trade since about the mid 80's but ? kept on selling drugs and killing for it.

Weed is illegal if you use it and get caught you face the consequence. Everyone who smokes knows that. Black Government sponsored ? dealers came from what community??? The Black community so in other words that community produced an individual of low moral character. Where did this person come from a black home.

And your technology arguments make no sense America had gun crime well before the ww2.

There go that losing ass argument - "We keep doing dumb ? "... who the ? is we ?

There's drug dealers of every ? race - there ain't gonna be no Black drug dealers ?

All races smoke weed, same question.

Self-hatred like a MF.

All races do all that ? but when we do it our communities turn into shooting galleries.... and that's a significant difference I tried to point out. if we could do crime the way the Italians did it or the Chinese did it we would be much better off but noooo blacks have such a low regard for each other that the places were we live continue to have higher murder rates than any place else. Why??? Low moral character created in the home. Are there outside forces pulling at the souls of young black men?? Yes but if the moral fiber of our men was stronger it wouldn't be this bad.

White drug dealers don't move like black drug dealers. White drug dealers don't have the same amount of societal hatred directed at them. But that has nothing to do with us we have to move smarter.

FOH with these other races' criminals are better than Black criminals ? . If you don't realize how ? stupid you sound with that ? , I don't know what to tell you.

So now we ain't even talking about the non-criminals being accountable for the criminals in the Black community, your self-hatred runs so deep that now you're saying Black criminals need to be better criminals like the other races ?

That ? ain't even worth the rebuttal.

Did you not understand the last paragraph?? Smh continue accusing me of self hatred if you want to but is exactly because I care about all black people that I say what I say. Your just blinded by your brainwashing so you cannot see what I mean
  • sunlord
    Options
    You just cannot save some people they refuse to see reason.
  • twenty2
    twenty2 Members Posts: 255 ✭✭
    Options

Hold up bruh - call me out of line if you want because I haven't been following y'all particular discussion.

Are you saying that people who take issue with his statement don't think we should lessen our odds - so to speak ? Because I think that's so beyond obvious that we're assuming that's a given.

But that pales in comparison to the efforts being put forth to oppress us.

If somebody can bring up "lessening our odds" then they damn sure can talk about racism.[/font]

Not out of line at all fam.

I have brought up both. Racism exists and is ? up. We got that. I don't doubt that DENZEL knows and would acknowledge that. But I've been told in this very thread (not by homie in the quoted text here) that there are NO ways to avoid the system. And hey, might as well just let my kids partake in it.

In the "deer" example above I merely wanted to point out that I'd like to believe that my people is smarter than deer. We can see the traps that the hunters have set. We've watched countless others walk into them. Some of us may have even been snared ourselves. And while white supremacy is so prevalent that we will indeed come in contact with it in our lives...we also are intelligent enough to figure out ways to "lessen our odds" of being swallowed up by it.

I give my people more credit than that.
  • sunlord
    Options
    The government flooded the Black community with drugs but nobody made us sell or use those drugs..... and the viciousness at which we killed each other for them is all our fault. All races do crime but ? took ? to the pit of hell and made the communities hell.

Again foolishness that attempts to disregard America's history. Yes of course you first point is correct but if you have no other way to provide for your family what are you expected to do? I'll drop a little note to explain. All through NJ at least on record schools are desergrated but off record it's a different story. Even in my town there were two public schools, one in my part of town and one in the noticeably whiter part of town. Guess which school the majority of blacks went to. Then guess which school had overall better funding. These has been and continues to go on.

History is what it is and it's never going to change so are you going to use history as a scapegoat forever??? And by the way Blacks were poorer in the past poverty in the 1970s - 1980s was nothing compared to the depression era but we didn't ? each other so much as we did during the ? era and forward. You being poor doesn't justify murder and it is the killings that caused even black politicians to push for harder jail sentences during the ? era.

This is why I put that timeline in the previous post and said ? aren't as smart as they think. It's not history this continues to effect present day but ? are too blind to connect that dots. Mandatory minimum were repealed only in 2010 under the free sentencing act though some states illegally still push it. Under said laws even recreational marijuana uses was punishable up to 5 years in prison which judges usually pushed for since they also had stock in the prison industrial complex. For just using a dime bag for recreational use and taking a plea since most werent able to afford lawyers you are cut off from the job market and then cut off form receiving aid for higher education. This continues to go on today with overzealous DAs and corrupt judges. Facts.

As far as your second part you continue to oversimplify the world and refuse to truly look at history. Historically crime rates were lower specifically murder rates because we don't see a major advance in weaponry until ww2/Vietnam and secondly because by the 70s and 80s government sponsored ? dealers were actively destroying Black communities and Black families on purpose.

I honestly don't understand why it's so hard for ? to admit that "hey for the majority of Black history and even to an extent today in American we have been hated and actively tried to be destroy."

Nobody literally NOBODY in this thread is arguing against personal responsibility simply saying don't be blind to what's happening and what continued to happen. And that YOU CAN BE RESPONSIBLE AND STILL FAIL. You can try your damn hardest and still fail. That's the reality of being Black in America

What's happening is that even after blacks learn the history we keep on doing dumb ? . And want to blame the government who we already know doesn't give a ? . We have know about the governmental involvement in the drug trade since about the mid 80's but ? kept on selling drugs and killing for it.

Weed is illegal if you use it and get caught you face the consequence. Everyone who smokes knows that. Black Government sponsored ? dealers came from what community??? The Black community so in other words that community produced an individual of low moral character. Where did this person come from a black home.

And your technology arguments make no sense America had gun crime well before the ww2.

Bruh lol I don't know if I'm being trolled are what.
    ? keep on selling drugs and killing for it because the opportunities in said communities were limited and only started to truly be desergrated until the 1990. Even today Republicans are trying to reshape borders of towns and counties to favor whites. Even today Republicans are trying to deny blacks the chance to vote with voter id laws. Facts.

Yes weed is illegal. It's also illegal to detain someone without charging them with a crime, to search there persons, or property without a warrant, to subject them to "cruel and unusual punishment" ie 5 years for a dime bag, and to deny them from speaking to there lawyer. But you sure as ? don't seem to care about that.
    Again though it goes into a circle of limited opportunities and want on destruction of the Black community. Don't get it wrong though Italian, Irish, and Columbian gangsters were also slinging to the Black community. You go blame that on blacks too?

And I'm glad you made that last point because it clearly demonstrates the whole unable to connect the dots. I said historically America crime rights as far as murder was lower across the board for all races pre ww2/Vietnam because weaponry wasn't advance. If the average weapon pre ww2 that a gangster could get there hands on were semi autopistols and shotguns and post ww2 it jumps to fully autoassualt rifles and machine guns it's only natural the crime rate would rise since the weaponry is more advance, deadly, fully automatic, and carries more rounds. Again ? refuse to think and connect the dots to see how our past currently is affecting our present.
    And again nobody shrugging personal responsibility but in American sometimes it's not enough for black people

Most murders in black America are not committed with assault rifles. You have no point with the technology argument. Yes ? is hard still doesn't excuse so many murders. Yes republicans have done and continue to do fuckery but that still doesn't excuse so many murders...... a lot of these laws those politicians passed that are mass incarcerating black men were justified because of the murder rate.... by the way many times it was Black politicians who advocated for these laws.
  • sunlord
    Options
    You cannot sell something if there is no market so Colombians, and Italians were able to sell this poison to blacks because we were willing to distribute it for them to our own brothers
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    He's right.

But black people do make it easy
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    He said we are making it easy for them

? ...

I was just agreeing with you bruh
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There’s context and layers

? who was raised by they Grandma’s was still in the streets, ? who had strict moms but moms wasn’t there because she was working we’re too, it’s not that simple...the average bm has respect for his mom and grandma, it’s the lack of male figure to teach the bm how to pattern his behavior and enforce discipline that has young ? wildin

But running over your stay at home mom is different than doing dirt when and because moms isn’t around and keeping it as quiet as possible
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? who was raised by they Grandma’s was still in the streets, ? who had strict moms but moms wasn’t there because she was working we’re too, it’s not that simple...the average bm has respect for his mom and grandma, it’s the lack of male figure to teach the bm how to pattern his behavior and enforce discipline that has young ? wildin

But running over your stay at home mom is different than doing dirt when and because moms isn’t around and keeping it as quiet as possible

The average black man doesnt run the street...you make it seem like these things are normal or even specfic to black people. so manyholes
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Exactly. One of these cats posted the new Jim Crow as if we don’t know about mass incarceration. Have you ever hung out with a ? and he said, hey fam let’s go smoke some rocks? No? Why? Because it’s common knowledge that you don’t smoke ? . We been through that and it’s not what we do anymore. Why can’t ? do the same when it comes to everything else? Why do ? have to think it’s cool to do dumb ? ? Man no more excuses, this is the Information Age. The blueprint to how to get over is everywhere and ? refuse to take advantage. Man ? come out of jail with felonies and clean credit..... get a credit card and jag their ? off. You dumb ? ! You could have worked a construction job, stacked some bread, and invested in property. Bad baby mommas outchea ruining their children’s credit for cable. ? just out here doing too much dumb ? . I can’t go!
  • 7figz
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Who said it's cool to do dumb ? ?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's almost crazy that people honestly believe that. Ask yourself why the Black community is lacking in father figures. Then take a look at the war on drugs and see how that plays in. It's a fact from declassified documents to Nixon own aid stating drugs were purposely allowed into the Black and Hippie community to weaken them and raise funds for illegitimate wars.

That may apply 50 years ago but we have progressed, information has been dispersed and opportunities are prevalent here in 2017. That’s the thing that really ? irks me when it comes to black progression. EXCUSES. All of those pitfalls aren’t in place anymore or at least not as many. Mfs are consciously making a choice to be ain’t ? nihgas nowadays. ? game been fizzled out, gang banging is a joke and heroin has shifted over to a majority white problem. There is no outright oppression. Is the black community in a perfect place? No. ? isn’t even about race anymore. It’s about money, drive and personal accountability. ? spinning their gears worried about white oppression while there are black men and women paying that ? no mind and achieving their dreams. And guess what? They’re from all types of homes. Blacks in college are higher than ever, black business is beginning to flourish, I can go on speaking on progress. The same progress threads like this one and every other “black vs everybody” ignores. Mfs are so stuck on the past, they don’t realize they missing out on black revival. Too busy fighting an enemy that’s struggling to survive its damn self (white supremacy).

Let that ? go along with the excuses. ? will phase themselves out and what’s left will be real black pride, black love and black power.

Your clearly out of touch with the culture....

Drug culture has shifted to pills and if you think for one second ? ain’t poppin pills and sippin syrup and that it’s a white problem, you need to turn the tv and talk to some millennials....

I don’t know why y’all are calling these FACTS excuses....and y’all keep bringing up these bourgeois negros who appear to be doing well...the FACT is that there is no black middle class and the majority or average african American is worth -1400$ without the value of their car....let that sink in.....these people you think are flourishing....aren’t....black people own 2% of this countries wealth lol where are the black you are talking about??? You talking about 2%???? Y’all so focused on getting your own ? you forgetting that the family is hurting....who cares that 2% of black people are doing good when 98% is doing bad??? Only a ? worried about himself and nobody else...

Lmao 98% are doing bad? Pills? Lmao ? please

You sound mad just to be mad. Your numbers are flawed bruh. Take a train ride out the hood for a day. Do something constructive this weekend bruh.

98% of black ppl are doing bad lmao. That’s my joke of the day. Jet life got you jet lagged lmao

yo go check the scoreboard bruh....stats don’t lie....over 50% of Americans in general don’t have any savings at all....again don’t let credit and the illusion fool you my guy, more people live check to check than not....that’s a fact.....i don’t need to ride through the hood, i live in south side Richmond, go check the numbers for yourself my g

he right aint no black middle class and most americans are 1 missed paycheck from poverty or eviction. its a 2 pronged issue. crackers and racism stacked/rigfed the game. but us a ? contrubute. if u chosin no good ? to procreate with with no self accountability u as a woman contributed to ur son gettin locked up... if u a nothin ass ? and u dip on ur family u contributed to ur son being locked up and ur daughter having daddy issues
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The average black man doesnt run the street...you make it seem like these things are normal or even specfic to black people. so manyholes

I’m not, we talking about the ones mass incarcerated...let’s keep stuff in context
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    “It starts with how you raise your children. If a young man doesn’t have a father figure, he’ll go find a father figure

85% of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes – 20 times the average. (Center for Disease Control)
    80% of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes –14 times the average. (Justice & Behavior, Vol 14, p. 403-26)

75% of all adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes – 10 times the average.

70% of youths in state-operated institutions come from fatherless homes – 9 times the average. (U.S. Dept. of Justice, Sept. 1988)
    85% of all youths in prison come from fatherless homes – 20 times the average. (Fulton Co. Georgia, Texas Dept. of Correction)

So is y'all mad at Zel or y'all mad at the facts?

He didn't absolve the system, he said,

“It’s unfortunate that we make such easy work for them.”

Meaning through complicity of our own actions we make it easier for the system to ensnare our youth.
    All this ? you typed and still missing the point smh. Crime is crime. ALL races of ppl commit crimes. Its something that will never stop. So "it starts at home" is too vague of a statement. If all races commit the same crimes we do, then why are we the only ones getting scolded for lack of accountibility. Denzel said some ? ? . Black folks taking responsibility for all crime in america is coonery. How about we talk about changing the conditions in the communities these crimes are committed? Or expose the racist systems that MAKE money off putting black folks in prison every year? ? Denzel
  • 7figz
    edited November 2017
    Options
    “It starts with how you raise your children. If a young man doesn’t have a father figure, he’ll go find a father figure

85% of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes – 20 times the average. (Center for Disease Control)
    80% of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes –14 times the average. (Justice & Behavior, Vol 14, p. 403-26)

75% of all adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes – 10 times the average.

70% of youths in state-operated institutions come from fatherless homes – 9 times the average. (U.S. Dept. of Justice, Sept. 1988)
    85% of all youths in prison come from fatherless homes – 20 times the average. (Fulton Co. Georgia, Texas Dept. of Correction)

Meaning through complicity of our own actions we make it easier for the system to ensnare our youth.
    All this ? you typed and still missing the point smh. Crime is crime. ALL races of ppl commit crimes. Its something that will never stop. So "it starts at home" is too vague of a statement. If all races commit the same crimes we do, then why are we the only ones getting scolded for lack of accountibility. Denzel said some ? ? . Black folks taking responsibility for all crime in america is coonery. How about we talk about changing the conditions in the communities these crimes are committed? Or expose the racist systems that MAKE money off putting black folks in prison every year? ? Denzel

Not necessarily the response I'd have given @LordZuko's post but ? facts. Been tryin' to tell these MFs for pages now.

They wanna add ? to try balance what Denzel said like it wasn't some one-sided idealistic take on the issue.

• matt mane
    matt mane Members Posts: 210 ✭✭
    Options

How da hell u change da conditions