Some men mistake sexual interest for consent,

Options

Comments

• LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Curiosity doesn mean green light you ? retards.

Gotdamn

What does it mean then? Yellow light? Proceed with caution.

Basically the verbiage is setting up a scenario where men have to let females make the first move.

But how often do females make the first move?

Most times a ? only has "sexual interest" to act upon as information if she gon ? or not

So if a chick say "holup, I have a flare up" you gon say ? that ? and rip the draws off?

If a she kinda ? but has a moment of clarity, you gon buss that chick in the eye?

What about if she suddenly have wild bowels mid face sucking?

What if her period happen to come down? You gon earn your red wings?

What if she dry ? you and was put off by your rhythm?

Sexual Interest =/= Green Light

You know how many women done walked by me while bench pressing just to check my package? You must think i should have had my way with each of them huh?

My ? swing like a muhfukka during deadlifts, so every woman that watch the ? is mine for the taking?

Nah bro... Yall wrong.

? you KNOW that's not what we mean. There's a difference between passing sexual interests (what you just described) vs continued and sustained sexual interest.
    ? understand the first bit because ? check out females all the time in a passing manner.

All them other scenarios are variables that change up the whole situation.

Ok.

What if she just plain loses interest?

How is this not allowed?

What if she got a bad case of ? Dew?

Then she should open her mouth and say "i change my mind" or something to that effect.

There's a reason that we say sex is for adults because all parties have a reasonable assumption of being able to communicate.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    When i worked corrections ....they had a very important part of the training called “the games inmates play”

Basically they would put you up on game about the ? inmates do to manipulate officers.....

There needs to be a class called “the games women play”

? you mean your interested in ? but you don’t want to ? ....is you ? or not?? Your girlfriend requested me on fb was eyeing me the whole ? night anyway ...stop playing games....

This really sounds like some ? chicks used to do right around that age where you stopped listening to your parents when they WASNT there...this issue seems adolescent in nature

early 20s. had a guy I'd been dealing with invite me over just to watch a movie... no discussion of sex....its like 6 pm...i accept because our first couple of dates was cool and we had chemistry... get to his house. eat. there is no tv in his living room. the only working tv is supposedly in his bedroom. now he tryna get me to drink. wasn't ready to go there with him. I make up an excuse to leave and even then he didn't want to take me home at first

now I'm thinking had he told me to find a diff way home he prob would have plenty of boys ready to dap him up

or if I'm down to just hug up and kiss, times you got men who will pressure u to do more after 2, 3 rebuffs

and based off what other women shared with me it happens a lot...

that said, i don't even think a lot of men are actively trying to do harm...or rather they aren't consciously aware of how intimidating or grating it can be after a while because obviously y'all are rarely on the receiving end, bigger, etc... and its almost expected behavior and has been tolerated up until now...it usually is chalked up to boys beings boys... to youth...etc

agree things are kind of getting muddled....but that's why what is consent is a necessary convo though...and getting to a consensus what is acceptable

We'll never reach a consensus on what's acceptable.

Take the whole "street harassment" ? . You got women out there vehemently opposed to a man approaching them for any reason while out and about much less speaking to them. Then you have women that welcome it and are flattered by it and think the chicks that don't like it are just stuck up ? . You have women that actively seek it out male attention on the street and see all attention as good. Then you have women that don't care one way or another and really wish everyone would just shut up about such a non-issue.

In a scenario like your own, the last time he did it the chick was likely open and receptive, prolly even decided she was gonna ? before she got to his crib. For her it was a welcome thing, for you it wasn't. Consensus can never be reached because some chicks don't mind it while others do. Same for "unwanted" touching; for some women it's a sign the man is feelin' her and she likes it and for some they look at it as sexual assault.

With the guy i was dealing with opposed to being direct and seeing what I was about, he tried to put me in a position where it would be harder for me to say no. Tryna get me to his house under false pretenses Tryna get me to his bedroom. Tryna get me to drink. Not a crime. But we can't agree that wasn't cool

And its best to keep ur hands to urself unless u have already built a rapport and trust with that particular woman ...really not sure why that's not something we can't agree on

To touch someone you gotta get into their personal space. Unless its incidental contact, its intimate in a way

There is other ways to express ur interest...for ex be nice and use ur words...She not trying to hear it move on....that's her right

When its comes to getting physical there is a thin line between persistence and doing something stupid ...best to err on the side of caution...discuss what she likes...why does a woman have to opt out of ? opposed to you asking...why is that a bad thing

You in the workplace keep it professional, at least until you built a rapport
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options
    When i worked corrections ....they had a very important part of the training called “the games inmates play”

Basically they would put you up on game about the ? inmates do to manipulate officers.....

? you mean your interested in ? but you don’t want to ? ....is you ? or not?? Your girlfriend requested me on fb was eyeing me the whole ? night anyway ...stop playing games....

This really sounds like some ? chicks used to do right around that age where you stopped listening to your parents when they WASNT there...this issue seems adolescent in nature

early 20s. had a guy I'd been dealing with invite me over just to watch a movie... no discussion of sex....its like 6 pm...i accept because our first couple of dates was cool and we had chemistry... get to his house. eat. there is no tv in his living room. the only working tv is supposedly in his bedroom. now he tryna get me to drink. wasn't ready to go there with him. I make up an excuse to leave and even then he didn't want to take me home at first

now I'm thinking had he told me to find a diff way home he prob would have plenty of boys ready to dap him up

or if I'm down to just hug up and kiss, times you got men who will pressure u to do more after 2, 3 rebuffs

that said, i don't even think a lot of men are actively trying to do harm...or rather they aren't consciously aware of how intimidating or grating it can be after a while because obviously y'all are rarely on the receiving end, bigger, etc... and its almost expected behavior and has been tolerated up until now...it usually is chalked up to boys beings boys... to youth...etc

agree things are kind of getting muddled....but that's why what is consent is a necessary convo though...and getting to a consensus what is acceptable

Take the whole "street harassment" ? . You got women out there vehemently opposed to a man approaching them for any reason while out and about much less speaking to them. Then you have women that welcome it and are flattered by it and think the chicks that don't like it are just stuck up ? . You have women that actively seek it out male attention on the street and see all attention as good. Then you have women that don't care one way or another and really wish everyone would just shut up about such a non-issue.

In a scenario like your own, the last time he did it the chick was likely open and receptive, prolly even decided she was gonna ? before she got to his crib. For her it was a welcome thing, for you it wasn't. Consensus can never be reached because some chicks don't mind it while others do. Same for "unwanted" touching; for some women it's a sign the man is feelin' her and she likes it and for some they look at it as sexual assault.

This is the ? that females don't understand. ? ain't mind readers. The only thing we can do are read the signs as best we can. If the ? worked for us the last three times, we have no reason to assume it won't work the forth time. If we're wrong we're wrong, but we're not villains for misreading signals.

Lol

Considering women are not a monolith

Yes ...there is reason to assume it won't work the forth time

Not saying misreading signals is an act of pure evil and should be criminalized regardless of the offense but you arent an innocent or victim either if you get cussed put or reported to HR
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    twenty2 wrote: »
    Man... Them dating pool waters just get murkier and murkier by the day...
    jono wrote: »
    Waste of taxpayer money

Sexual Misconduct is very vague and theres no answer to it.
    Any woman can proclaim misconduct no matter how overtly consenting she was prior.

Yeah.

Basically comes down to mixed messages and/or lack of communication.

Nothing groundbreaking.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My blood is boiling

Im shaking right now
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options
    But these hoes turn around and call you lame for not being aggressive enough

Someone calls you lame for actually trying to take the time to see what she likes and is cool with...take it as a red flag and keep it pushing
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    My $0.02

Scenario 1. You're on a date with a chick and you go back to her apartment, or she comes back to your apartment and you start fooling around and then you ? her. Its possible that there was a misunderstanding about consent. Maybe he thought she wanted it when she didn't or whatever.

Scenario 2. You're wearing a ski mask and you sneak in through the window. You hold the girl at gunpoint and tie her up and ? her.

In my opinion, scenario 1 shouldn't be considered ? because the guy might have genuinely thought that she consented. There should be an alternate term for scenario 1. Or maybe a guy should get a pass the first time it happens (I just thought of that but it actually makes sense).

The second scenario is clear ? and he should go directly to prison.

htsueiqbmy1x.gif
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »

maybe because you can look 10 time better if you smile rather than walking around with the ? face.

and why in the hell ....when in the hell is a compliment not a good thing?

how are you going to make friends if a stranger cant say ? ?

or do i have to now work my way up to a compliment?

kinda ? ?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    But these hoes turn around and call you lame for not being aggressive enough

Someone calls you lame for actually trying to take the time to see what she likes and is cool with...take it as a red flag and keep it pushing

yes,

cause if you try to see what she likes...the only way is to ask her or try it. then its looked at as lame an he dont know what hes doing.

how many times has a woman said she needs a man to take control only to try to shut him down when he tries so she can feel like shes in control.
    thing is women want the control and want what they dont need from someone who they think they want but still end up lonely.
  • LordZuko
    Options
    Max. wrote: »

maybe because you can look 10 time better if you smile rather than walking around with the ? face.

and why in the hell ....when in the hell is a compliment not a good thing?

how are you going to make friends if a stranger cant say ? ?

or do i have to now work my way up to a compliment?

kinda ? ?

I told you in the other thread, it's about policing men. It's about presenting everything that isn't strictly approved by women as some sort of pseudo criminal behavior.
    You speak to a woman without her permission harassment, give her a compliment, harassment, approach for any reason without explicit permission and you're basically a criminal.

In France they've made "street harassment" a punishable offense
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    ok....so what and why are these women dressed like they want the attention ...if they dont want it?

if you got ? ....why wear something low cut with all ya cleavage showing....knowing people will look if you are in an environment with men. or are they wearing it for women to be jealous of they ? ?

im not saying a woman cant wear what she wants but....some ? they know they wearing to look their best an get compliments or stares.

ole look at me but i dont want to see you looking at me ass hoes
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is the ? that females don't understand. ? ain't mind readers. The only thing we can do are read the signs as best we can. If the ? worked for us the last three times, we have no reason to assume it won't work the forth time. If we're wrong we're wrong, but we're not villains for misreading signals.

Lol

Not saying misreading signals is an act of pure evil and should be criminalized regardless of the offense but you arent an innocent or victim either if you get cussed put or reported to HR

No, that's not reason to assume it won't work the fourth time. It's reason not to assume it will work the fourth time. Those are not the same thing. The inability to grasp that nuance is half the problem.

And no if a chick is cussing you out, you're probably not innocent, but we should be able to agree that's probably not what happens in the cases where dudes are accused of something and had no idea they did anything wrong.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate people especially women.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options

Lol

No, that's not reason to assume it won't work the fourth time. It's reason not to assume it will work the fourth time. Those are not the same thing. The inability to grasp that nuance is half the problem.

And no if a chick is cussing you out, you're probably not innocent, but we should be able to agree that's probably not what happens in the cases where dudes are accused of something and had no idea they did anything wrong.

U can't always foresee what will offend or upset a person

Same as I'm sure there is someone out there who actually enjoys being grabbed by strange men

But is it always required you actually act or speak a word(s) before it occurs to you that this word or said action could potentially be offensive

In regards to touching

Is it not conventional wisdom that touching someone is an invasion of someone's personal space and typically reserved for those we are intimate with? wouldnt you agree its a good assumption if you have not established trust with a person they aren't going to want you touching them regardless of whether a previous individual or 2 with whom you had little to no rapport responded positively

Same with referring to a with someone's body, personhood who you barely know

Don't really see it as being all that hard or confusing

I guess when women come to the general consensus that "how's ur day going" " what's your name, if you don't mind me asking" is offensive I could sympathize

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options

Lol

U can't always foresee what will offend or upset a person

Same as I'm sure there is someone out there who actually enjoys being grabbed by strange men

But is it always required you actually act or speak a word(s) before it occurs to you that this word or said action could potentially be offensive

In regards to touching

Is it not conventional wisdom that touching someone is an invasion of someone's personal space and typically reserved for those we are intimate with? wouldnt you agree its a good assumption if you have not established trust with a person they aren't going to want you touching them regardless of whether a previous individual or 2 with whom you had little to no rapport responded positively

Same with referring to a with someone's body, personhood who you barely know

Don't really see it as being all that hard or confusing

I guess when women come to the general consensus that "how's ur day going" " what's your name, if you don't mind me asking" is offensive I could sympathize

so how do you get intimate if you dont try to touch...

think about it like this...

guy and ? a couch....they talking making eye contact....he reaches to touch her knee. BAM! harrassment cause she didnt ok it.
    or
    guy and ? the couch...they talking and making eye contact....she reaches for his hand to place it on her knee....BAM! harrassment...she forcing him to do something he didnt want to do.

even tho being ok to be touched can be implied...who has the control and who takes the first step?

guys can play this game too. but for some reason...it will be looked at as weak to claim we are harassed.

we must man up cause it was just a knee.
  • LordZuko
    Options
    Females touch guys all the time without asking for consent.

One of the most popular things for an unfamiliar girl to do is to run her hands along a strange guys chest or biceps.

It's a way to inject or impose intimacy in a situation. Usually females do this ? right before they ask you for something.

Not to mention the females that like to just grab your ? . Walk up grab your ? , Walk by grab your ? . It's usually in a club or party atmosphere so it's seen as acceptable. ? are conditioned to view female sexual advances as a treat. But a ? going up and grabbing random females by the ass or ? is treated like a check off for potential ? .
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like how women mistake men hate them when they don't let them get away with ?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Meester wrote: »
    Like how women mistake men hate them when they don't let them get away with ?

or like being a strong woman scares dude away rather than looking at it like ,,,maybe they just a ? about nothing
  • gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Females touch guys all the time without asking for consent.

One of the most popular things for an unfamiliar girl to do is to run her hands along a strange guys chest or biceps.

It's a way to inject or impose intimacy in a situation. Usually females do this ? right before they ask you for something.

Not to mention the females that like to just grab your ? . Walk up grab your ? , Walk by grab your ? . It's usually in a club or party atmosphere so it's seen as acceptable. ? are conditioned to view female sexual advances as a treat. But a ? going up and grabbing random females by the ass or ? is treated like a check off for potential ? .

Co ? sign. Women just as guilty for doing the ? they ? about. I've had plenty women rub my back touch my arms grab my ? , do the extra ass oh Im laughing so hard I can't help but fall all on you ? . This ? is ? and I blame white women for this ? . They stay on some weird ass ? .

But mainly, like I said in the other thread it's a war white women are waging against white men for control. Per usual, some of our ? sistas are all too excited to "me too" the ? .