According to Dr. Umar, the black church as a collective takes in $14 Million dollars every Sunday...

Options

Comments

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    if they getting all that money every members bill shoukd be paid and no one should be homeless

every member huh?

no one should be homeless huh?

you dont know me like that fam...this a hill i will die on...you ready for this convo or nah?

yup every member... they paying they tithes struggling and poor whole the pastors ballin in jets and ? . backwards ass ?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if they getting all that money every members bill shoukd be paid and no one should be homeless

every member huh?

you dont know me like that fam...this a hill i will die on...you ready for this convo or nah?

yup every member... they paying they tithes struggling and poor whole the pastors ballin in jets and ? . backwards ass ?

IMO you placing blame on the wrong person for this type of situation.

• ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    Where is that school? 10 years in the making, cuh.

I stopped checking for Umar when he got called out on this and responded by calling people haters. He spit wisdom though.

He one of them broke clock ass ? . Say some ill ? twice a day buried beneath the multitude of ? .

Don't you go to a church with a crooked preacher?
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    there are crooked lawyers in this world whose sole job is to ? people over

they make thousands and thousands of dollars from doing this

why is there no outrage for them?

my point is, there are shady folks in all occupations. I hold you responsible and accountable for your own relationship with your higher power.

Come on ? this some ? .

Lawyers been known forever to be ? up people. That is the biggest complaint about them.

I think the issues with the church and preachers seems worst because what they are supposed to be representing.

? is supposed to be right and pure. Then you have crooked preachers preying on people based on their faith to that religion and ? and it just seems worse than any other profession so they get the most scrutiny.

brah, thats life

there are people who take advantage of super impressionable people

its not exclusive to pastors
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

every member huh?

you DONT HAVE TO MAKE MONETARY TITHES

if you dont have it to give, dont give ...its that simple...what they gon do...kick you out?

People are missing the entire point of what the tithe is supposed to be anyway
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    there are crooked lawyers in this world whose sole job is to ? people over

they make thousands and thousands of dollars from doing this

why is there no outrage for them?

my point is, there are shady folks in all occupations. I hold you responsible and accountable for your own relationship with your higher power.

Come on ? this some ? .

Lawyers been known forever to be ? up people. That is the biggest complaint about them.

I think the issues with the church and preachers seems worst because what they are supposed to be representing.

? is supposed to be right and pure. Then you have crooked preachers preying on people based on their faith to that religion and ? and it just seems worse than any other profession so they get the most scrutiny.

brah, thats life

there are people who take advantage of super impressionable people

its not exclusive to pastors

Who said the ? was exclusive to pastors?

What other profession goes around telling people they were anointed by ? and put themselves up on pedestals to be marveled at?

Show me what other profession has folks doing ? like this
    giphy.gif

No matter the profession they are all wrong for preying on people.

I just completely understand why pastors and the church get it the worst out them all.
  • D. Morgan
    Options

every member huh?

if you dont have it to give, dont give ...its that simple...what they gon do...kick you out?

Actually yes ? !!!

92-year-old woman kicked out of church for not tithing
    BAINBRIDGE, GA (WALB) -
    A 92-year-old woman is no longer allowed to worship at the church where she was a member for more than 50 years because she was not tithing.

Josephine King said that was the reason she was kicked out of Bainbridge's First African Baptist Church.

Her family members said they hope the situation will bring change to churches across the nation.

“Josephine King is no longer considered a member of the First African Baptist Church of Bainbridge, Georgia,” read Gerald Simmons, as he skimmed over the letter addressed to his aunt.

The letter, signed by Senior Pastor Derrick Mike, stated that Ms. King "has shown non-support" towards the church in the areas of "constant and consistent financial and physical participation."

"She was stunned. She was disappointed. She was shocked," said Simmons.

He said Ms. King was considered sick and a shut-in for several months, which was the reason for her lack of attendance.

He also said his aunt had gone above and beyond in the past to financially support the church.

"You shouldn't chase the individuals down," said Simmons. "You shouldn't do that. If that's the case, you're money hungry."

Simmons also noted that his aunt isn't the first person to receive a letter of removal for not tithing, and hopes her story will shed some light on the policy.

"You have to have money to make these churches run, but it's not about money,” Simmons said. "It's about ? . You have to put ? first."

Several requests for comment from the church were made, but no responses by officials or other members were given.

http://www.walb.com/story/29762845/92-year-old-woman-kicked-out-of-church-for-not-tithing

Here is one more
    Florida church sends collection notices to ‘delinquent’ tithers
    A Tampa woman is outraged after she says she received a collection notice in the mail from her local church ordering her to pay $1,000 in order to be considered a “member in good standing.”

“People were really friendly there, and I really enjoyed being there,” Candace Petterson, a single mother who has been attending the Greater Mount Moriah Primitive Baptist Church for six months, told a local ABC affiliate.

Ms. Petterson said things were going perfectly at her new church until she received a letter at her home last week.
    “To be a member in good standing and have the right to vote, adults are to contribute the minimum amount of $50 per month,” read Ms. Petterson. “Fifty dollars per month, now this shocked me because I haven’t heard about the $50 per month. So where did this come from?”

“Then Mount Moriah Day is on there, $150,” she added, plus a yearly church anniversary fee of $250, brings the total to $1,000 in required donations per year.

Ms. Petterson said she was told one of the fees is to help pay off the church’s debts. She also learned that her daughter, 11, would also have to meet the financial requirements to become a member, ABC reported.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/16/florida-church-sends-collection-notices-to-delinqu/
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No such thing as the black church.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

every member huh?

dont matter... church spose to help folk.. quick to take folk money but give no ? when u homeless or down and out. im still waiting on the youth gym my pastor lied about building for the youth members back in 94... they took all the folk building fund money tho. at the end of the day if it's really about caring outreach compassion etc... no member should be down and out if the pastor ballin... aint not if ands or buts bout it
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Germz101 wrote: »
    ? just believing what this ? says all ? Nilly

Any body that talks fast is a crook, same way as genuinely intelligent people write poorly because their minds are so active.

They speak clearly, calmly, and measure...as they can’t help but think very much about how to precisely get their point across to an audience so it’s not wasted time.

? that speak quickly. think too fluidly to give a ? about if the audience gets what they are saying. So In actuality, their speaking just to speak. Which is a waste of brain function and purpose.

Something genuinely smart people hate to do that. Listen to Malcom X, Obama, MLK, Neil D. Tyson, ? Gregory, Paul Mooney, speak.

Poor writers are smart? Huh??!!
  • TheNuttinProffessor
    TheNuttinProffessor Members Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boy y’all ? know y’all hate church

Dr umar is a fraud and a snake. Where the school? Why this ? always running his mouth on public platforms?

Keep putting y’all faith in these false prophets tho man
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But foreal.

Where the school?
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    But foreal.

Where the school?

Ghana
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boy y’all ? know y’all hate church

Dr umar is a fraud and a snake. Where the school? Why this ? always running his mouth on public platforms?

Keep putting y’all faith in these false prophets tho man

White boyyyyyyyy
  • sunlord
    sunlord Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    VERY VERY FEW Pastors are balling off of their church tithing. A lot of those big time pastors make money off of other things that are related to the church but not linked to tithing such as selling religious books and other products or services.

That being said any church that pushes tithing as a religious law Christians must abide by is in error the tithe was for the Levites and it was basically the governmental taxation system for ancient Israel and since Christians are not mandated to have a "state" then the whole tithing thing is not applicable. However churches have to run so people should make willing offerings. CALLING it the tithe is somewhat deceptive if your audience is ignorant.
  • sunlord
    sunlord Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of the nonsense that goes on in the church Is a result of lazy Christians not putting in the time needed to actually study the religion. Christian history and theology is not taught many churches just kind of teach the spiritually and leave the deeper philosophical aspects out of it therefore many Christians are ignorant and even the pastors never learn what they should know.

and they basically use the bible as a self-help book while they occupy the position of a promotional speaker..... when in reality their job and the bible is should be much more than that
  • Germz101
    Germz101 Members Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NCswag wrote: »
    Germz101 wrote: »
    ? just believing what this ? says all ? Nilly

Any body that talks fast is a crook, same way as genuinely intelligent people write poorly because their minds are so active.

They speak clearly, calmly, and measure...as they can’t help but think very much about how to precisely get their point across to an audience so it’s not wasted time.

? that speak quickly. think too fluidly to give a ? about if the audience gets what they are saying. So In actuality, their speaking just to speak. Which is a waste of brain function and purpose.

Something genuinely smart people hate to do that. Listen to Malcom X, Obama, MLK, Neil D. Tyson, ? Gregory, Paul Mooney, speak.

Poor writers are smart? Huh??!!

Poor hand writting, not writing as in an author
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its a handful of black churches over here, and the one that i do see has little community centers and after school centers and homework spots and all kinds of things around that little town
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    Where is that school? 10 years in the making, cuh.

I stopped checking for Umar when he got called out on this and responded by calling people haters. He spit wisdom though.

He one of them broke clock ass ? . Say some ill ? twice a day buried beneath the multitude of ? .

Don't you go to a church with a crooked preacher?

He is not crooked.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y’all worst than women with this

He’s a fraud, where’s the school, mhmmm.....

lol takes literally .2 seconds to pull up all the latest interviews where he answers the school questions....

Y’all want to see the school so bad just so y’all can point out all of the faults and all of the things that may not be there that he said was...find somebody else to hate on man......

First he doesn’t have his PhD...that was proven with a simple request to the registry that holds that information....now y’all stuck on the school....if his plan is to still build the school and he does y’all will move on to something else....find a white man to hate on or something ....
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    i hate these threads lol

are there crooked preachers? yes....are there good preachers? yes

here is your decision tree if you are STILL conflicted about this

is your pastor/bishop crooked?

yes?...leave the church and find somewhere else to worship if thats your thing

no?...then its your right to ask for statements regarding what the church is doing with the money

I'll throw this in as a bonus. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO EXCLUSIVELY MAKE A MONETARY OFFERING FOR TITHES! You can tithe your time, talents, and resources to advance the kingdom of ? .

and lastly, the church is a buisness, but it is also a place of worship. I dont know why people continue to think that the stuff it takes to run a church, have programs for kids after school, feed the less fortunate in the community, do projects within the community, etc...dont take money to do that.

Like someone said, Umar needs to be more concerned about that school he been talking about for the last 10 years and stop trying to make himself be related to Freddy D

? for some reason fail to realize basic things such as upkeep of a building cost money
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Give it to the strippers in N.Y.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all going ham in here.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YES, ITS THOUSANDS OF BLACK CHURCHES, BUT THEM FOLKS LITERALLY BE PUTTING A DOLLAR OR TWO I THE COLLECTION PLATE