Isn't Today Ether Day?

Options
1235»

Comments

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »

? Jay didn't say that either idiot he said you been in it 10 not you been making albums for 10 smmfh again I'm seeing common sense ain't too common especially with your ?

He did the math on the record - his math doesn't add up.

It doesn't.

There's nothing you could say or type that would convince me that Nas had a, "one hot album every 10 year average".

Again, when averaging albums you don't count posse jams and cameos (e.g. The Firm).

Its like tallying Michael Jordan's statistics and trying to determine how many points he averaged throughout his career. Are you going to count the pick up games on the playground? or are you just counting NBA games? And if you're too slow to figure out the analogy, the pick up games on the playground are the posse jams and the NBA games are the albums.

Furthermore, if he was on tour with Large Professor then doesn't that mean he was around for more than 5 years?

• GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I don't know why I expected any different I be just thinking maybe ? can have actually dialogue without any of the corny name calling for reactions but I lose sight of where I'm at sometimes I make a case that one line makes sense and now that's turned into the normal lame ? overdramatics of you a jigga warrior that's mad and you defending him... I said ONE line makes sense and ppl wanna make it a big deal like I said Jay won and killed Nas this why I stopped posting in here as much this ? has gone the way of kiddy Twitter smh

So you think, "one hot album every 10 year average" makes sense?

In the real world yes becuz the real world ain't the IC ? wasn't out ? with Nas albums like that between illmatic and stillmatic the hip hop heads were I mean off the strength of illmatic it was written sold well but ppl was critical of it when it first dropped ? wasn't calling it hot or a classic at that time so if Nas said he been in it 10 and alot of ppl believe he only had one hot album in all 10 of those years that makes the line "one hot album in 10 year avg" make all the sense in the world only reason you think it don't is becuz you think he got more hot albums but for alot of ppl he don't during that time so it makes sense

Illmatic - 1994
    It Was Written - 1996
    I Am - 1999
    Nastradamus - 1999

^^^ How does that average out to "4 albums in 10 years"?

You really not gonna act this dense are you??? The song says "YOU said you been in it 10"... That means he saying Nas himself said he been in it 10 so he going by Nas timeline to his own career which would mean Nas not counting 94 as his start he counting 91 as his start so from 91 to 01 Nas had 4 albums in 10 years smh

If Nas said, "I've been in the game for 10 years" that has no relevance on how many albums he's released.

Being in the game for 10 years doesn't effect how many albums he's released or the span of time in which those albums were released

Man either you playing dumb or you really are slow Nas said he been in it 10 Jay said you only dropped 4 albums in those 10 years ? how is that this difficult to you he not just counting the span between albums starting with his first album he saying in all your 10 years you dropped 4 albums and only one was hot..... gawd this can't be life ? trying his hardest to make the most simple thing brain surgery.... Nas been in it 10 and dropped 4 albums according to NAS HIMSELF smmfh

Might as well count his whole life if you gonna count any arbitrary number and not when he started releasing albums. That's a one hot album every 27 year average

He's using the number Nas gave he ain't just pull the number outta thin air and use it but aight man clearly common sense ain't too common since something this simple y'all having a hard time with

Nas never said he had been making albums for 10 years ?

? Jay didn't say that either idiot he said you been in it 10 not you been making albums for 10 smmfh again I'm seeing common sense ain't too common especially with your ?

He said "ehhh I can divide.. that's a one hot album every 10 year average" and you remedial Jigga Math resource room graduates lost your minds

You gotta be the dumbest ? in here if Nas said he been in the game since 91 then between 91 and 01 how many albums did he drop in those 10 years??? Put your GED education to work and let's see if you can count..... That's 4 albums in 10 years
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know why I expected any different I be just thinking maybe ? can have actually dialogue without any of the corny name calling for reactions but I lose sight of where I'm at sometimes I make a case that one line makes sense and now that's turned into the normal lame ? overdramatics of you a jigga warrior that's mad and you defending him... I said ONE line makes sense and ppl wanna make it a big deal like I said Jay won and killed Nas this why I stopped posting in here as much this ? has gone the way of kiddy Twitter smh

In the real world yes becuz the real world ain't the IC ? wasn't out ? with Nas albums like that between illmatic and stillmatic the hip hop heads were I mean off the strength of illmatic it was written sold well but ppl was critical of it when it first dropped ? wasn't calling it hot or a classic at that time so if Nas said he been in it 10 and alot of ppl believe he only had one hot album in all 10 of those years that makes the line "one hot album in 10 year avg" make all the sense in the world only reason you think it don't is becuz you think he got more hot albums but for alot of ppl he don't during that time so it makes sense

Illmatic - 1994
    It Was Written - 1996
    I Am - 1999
    Nastradamus - 1999

You really not gonna act this dense are you??? The song says "YOU said you been in it 10"... That means he saying Nas himself said he been in it 10 so he going by Nas timeline to his own career which would mean Nas not counting 94 as his start he counting 91 as his start so from 91 to 01 Nas had 4 albums in 10 years smh

If Nas said, "I've been in the game for 10 years" that has no relevance on how many albums he's released.

Being in the game for 10 years doesn't effect how many albums he's released or the span of time in which those albums were released

Man either you playing dumb or you really are slow Nas said he been in it 10 Jay said you only dropped 4 albums in those 10 years ? how is that this difficult to you he not just counting the span between albums starting with his first album he saying in all your 10 years you dropped 4 albums and only one was hot..... gawd this can't be life ? trying his hardest to make the most simple thing brain surgery.... Nas been in it 10 and dropped 4 albums according to NAS HIMSELF smmfh

Might as well count his whole life if you gonna count any arbitrary number and not when he started releasing albums. That's a one hot album every 27 year average

He's using the number Nas gave he ain't just pull the number outta thin air and use it but aight man clearly common sense ain't too common since something this simple y'all having a hard time with

He said "ehhh I can divide.. that's a one hot album every 10 year average" and you remedial Jigga Math resource room graduates lost your minds

You gotta be the dumbest ? in here if Nas said he been in the game since 91 then between 91 and 01 how many albums did he drop in those 10 years??? Put your GED education to work and let's see if you can count..... That's 4 albums in 10 years

When did Jay come in the game if you don't mind me asking?
  • 5 Grand
    Options

Illmatic - 1994
    It Was Written - 1996
    I Am - 1999
    Nastradamus - 1999

How is it 4 albums in 10 years if the first album came out in 94 and the 4th album came out in 99?
  • GetoBoy
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Ok tell me this if you play a basketball game and you don't take your first shot till the 4th quarter and you make 1-4 does your avg only take into account the last quarter or does it say you shot 1-4 the WHOLE game??? It's literally that simple Jay said you 1-4 your whole 10 year career idk why y'all making it more difficult but watch that analogy go right over y'all heads
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay was trying to be slick that’s it, it makes sense because Nas said he was in it since 91 regardless if the album dropped in 91 he was in the game since 91 and dropped 4 albums in a 10 year span, the lie was him being in the game since 96 he was around before Nas him and his fu shnickens flow
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Ok tell me this if you play a basketball game and you don't take your first shot till the 4th quarter and you make 1-4 does your avg only take into account the last quarter or does it say you shot 1-4 the WHOLE game??? It's literally that simple Jay said you 1-4 your whole 10 year career idk why y'all making it more difficult but watch that analogy go right over y'all heads

Here's why:

Because Jay said, "You said you been in it 10/I been in it five"

^^^ That line is confusing. The only way you could say Nas had been in the industry for 10 years is if he counted from 1991 when Nas's first appeared on Live @ The Barbecue. But if you're counting by when Nas first appeared on a record, then that same unit of measurement should be applied to Jay, who's first verse on a record was in 1986.

Furthermore, regarding your sports analogy, if you look at anybody's statistics in basketball they always list how many minutes were played. So it might say somebody scored 10 points, and then there's a separate category for minutes. Check out this link

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jordami01.html

If you look at the 8th column, it records how many minutes were played
  • buttuh_b
    Options

Terrible analogy. I majored in accounting at one of the top business schools in the nation with minor in statistics. The average would be based on the beginning point when you release a project and the release of your last project. That's how averages work in math. A better analogy would be Jay is trying to include games where he didn't play at all thus scoring zero points to bring down his average.

You still didn't answer my question getoboy. When did Jay first come in the game?
  • GetoBoy
    edited December 2017
    Options

Here's why:

^^^ That line is confusing. The only way you could say Nas had been in the industry for 10 years is if he counted from 1991 when Nas's first appeared on Live @ The Barbecue. But if you're counting by when Nas first appeared on a record, then that same unit of measurement should be applied to Jay, who's first verse on a record was in 1986.

Furthermore, regarding your sports analogy, if you look at anybody's statistics in basketball they always list how many minutes were played. So it might say somebody scored 10 points, and then there's a separate category for minutes. Check out this link

He didn't count it..... NAS DID *Face palm*.... Ok man foreal I'm off it ? really gonna ignore the whole point that Nas made that time line himself but say it don't make sense for Jay to use the timeline that Nas himself gave for his own career if you don't think Nas been in it 10 take it up with him since he seems to think he has
  • 5 Grand
    Options

Here's why:

He didn't count it..... NAS DID *Face palm*.... Ok man foreal I'm off it ? really gonna ignore the whole point that Nas made that time line himself but say it don't make sense for Jay to use the timeline that Nas himself gave for his own career if you don't think Nas been in it 10 take it up with him since he seems to think he has

So answer the question: Does Nas have a one hot album every 10 year average?
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    I think getoboy is confused about what the word average means mathematically.

It woulda just made more sense to say "you only have one hot album" instead of trying to do all that Jigga Math on the track but it was effective because the Warriors get aroused at anything they perceive as "smart"
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eeeeether Boooyyyy

• MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The IC has done it again. New phrase coined: Jigga Math
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall arguing about dumb ? thought that line pure slander not a suggested fact