Ladies...How Does a Man Earn Ur Trust back???

Options
bull6599
bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in The Powder Room
Ladies, if u found out ur man slipped & fell into another chicks pink well or told u a major lie about something would it be possible for him to ever earn ur trust back fully. If so how should he go about? What type of things does he have to do?

1 of my ? got caught slipping last weekend and now him & his lady are on the outs. This is the only time he's cheated in the 3 years they've been together so his girl says that she's leaning towards trying to work it out w/ him but obviously she doesnt feel like she can trust him. This ? is desperate and he's trying to think of ways he can get back on her good side.

Comments

• contemplate
    contemplate Members Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    how bad did he slip
  • [WickedFlyy]
    [WickedFlyy] Members Posts: 4
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If he cheated, like went on a date, or hung out with without me knowing, or had sex wit her, then there's no way you can come back from dat. For me @ least. U gotta really wanna be wit and deal wit dat guy if u dont call it quits.

I couldnt bounce back from a cheater.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It would take a lot of time.

You're given trust, but once you lose it, it's hard to get it back. It can be done though.

He needs to go out of his way to let her know where he's at and what he's doing..don't be defensive when she asks questions due to her insecurity. Keep in mind that he put her in that position. She'll come around in time.
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »

You're given trust, but once you lose it, it's hard to get it back. It can be done though.

He needs to go out of his way to let her know where he's at and what he's doing..don't be defensive when she asks questions due to her insecurity. Keep in mind that he put her in that position. She'll come around in time.

What about if your dude cheats on you?
  • kat2180
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    What about if your dude cheats on you?

On to the next...
  • bull6599
    edited August 2010
    Options
    how bad did he slip

he cheated on his GF while she was out of town last weekend.
    If he cheated, like went on a date, or hung out with without me knowing, or had sex wit her, then there's no way you can come back from dat. For me @ least. U gotta really wanna be wit and deal wit dat guy if u dont call it quits.

I couldnt bounce back from a cheater.

He had sex w/ the other chick. IDK if they went out on a date or anything. He was at the vow renewal ceremony for the older sister of his best friend so I'm assuming he prob met the chick there.

So basically he should put a GPS tracking system on his car, show her a copy of his cell bill every month, tell her where he's going - who he's going w/ - and who's going to be there, call every hour to check in, etc.

I was friends w/ both of them b4 they started dating so I'm impartial in this situation. Dude felt so bad about what he did the night before (Sat.) that he canceled their date for Sunday when his girl got back in town. He said he felt guilty and couldnt look her in the eye so he @ least has a conscience...thats gotta count for smthn right? I mean she could be ? w/ a ? like me and I woulda slayed ol girl Sat night and then spent the whole day Sunday w/ my girl and not bat an eyelash.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If you give someone another opportunity to ? you over.. you get what you deserve..

Motto.. everyone gets one chance.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    "money....cars......clothes"
  • kat2180
    edited August 2010
    Options
    bull6599 wrote: »

He had sex w/ the other chick. IDK if they went out on a date or anything. He was at the vow renewal ceremony for the older sister of his best friend so I'm assuming he prob met the chick there.

So basically he should put a GPS tracking system on his car, show her a copy of his cell bill every month, tell her where he's going - who he's going w/ - and who's going to be there, call every hour to check in, etc.

I was friends w/ both of them b4 they started dating so I'm impartial in this situation. Dude felt so bad about what he did the night before (Sat.) that he canceled their date for Sunday when his girl got back in town. He said he felt guilty and couldnt look her in the eye so he @ least has a conscience...thats gotta count for smthn right? I mean she could be ? w/ a ? like me and I woulda slayed ol girl Sat night and then spent the whole day Sunday w/ my girl and not bat an eyelash.

I didn't say all that. I'm just saying he should go out of his way to cater to her insecurities for a minute. Check in with her, let her know where you're at, don't let her call go to voicemail unless it's absolutely necessary and then make sure you call her back as soon as you're available. Eventually she'll get better but you gotta play the role to a T until she feels secure in the relationship again.

I'm glad he feels guilty but he's going to have to put in double the effort for awhile if he wants to make it work. If not then he needs to cut her loose.
  • Tha Killa
    edited August 2010
    Options
    On to the next...

Isn't that kinda hypocritical?
  • 100%Sagittarius
    100%Sagittarius Members Posts: 478
    edited August 2010
    Options

Hell no, that doesnt count for anything. Basically, he's admitting he knows he messed up and can't even deal with it. Plus, him doing it while she was out of town makes it worse. Like he did it because he thought he wouldnt get caught. Completely loss of trust, IMO.

3 yrs is a lot of time to just throw away off one mistake though........
  • kat2180
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Isn't that kinda hypocritical?

Nope.

I've been witness to many females getting cheated on and what they would say they wanted or needed from their cheating man to feel okay and it makes sense, but I'm not the one.
  • Tha Killa
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Nope.

I've been witness to many females getting cheated on and what they would say they wanted or needed from their cheating man to feel okay and it makes sense, but I'm not the one.

Not if dude was completely sincere? Let's say he put the tip in, stroked a few times and felt guilty as ? from jump and he leaves her to see you and tell you what happened. Still a nope?
  • bull6599
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hell no, that doesnt count for anything. Basically, he's admitting he knows he messed up and can't even deal with it. Plus, him doing it while she was out of town makes it worse. Like he did it because he thought he wouldnt get caught. Completely loss of trust, IMO.

3 yrs is a lot of time to just throw away off one mistake though........

It doesnt count for anything w/ u? I mean u wouldnt discern b/w a dude that felt guilty about it vs. a dude who had no remorse?

Yeah she was outta town but it wasnt preplanned as far as i know. It was some chick he met at the ceremony who was probaboy a jumpoff.

Yeah it is. I know dudes who have been w/ their girl for the same amount of time and have cheated @ least once a year since they've been together. When u look @ it that way he doesnt seem so bad.
  • kat2180
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Not if dude was completely sincere? Let's say he put the tip in, stroked a few times and felt guilty as ? from jump and he leaves her to see you and tell you what happened. Still a nope?

I guess it would depend on how long we had been together, whether or not it was his first offense, and how he behaved after the fact. It would be hard for me though.
  • bull6599
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So ladies how many passes do yall give?

Are yall 1 & done (Kat) or do some of u go by the 3 strikes rule?
  • kat2180
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So ladies how many passes do yall give?

Are yall 1 & done (Kat) or do some of u go by the 3 strikes rule?

Three strikes? smh

Fool me once...
  • bull6599
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Three strikes? smh

Fool me once...

I know some. They are actually friends of mine. I constantly ask if they have any single friends b/c birds of a feather flock together lol.
  • kat2180
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I know some. They are actually friends of mine. I constantly ask if they have any single friends b/c birds of a feather flock together lol.

Oh I know some too. My own mother put up with a relationship like that with my dad..which is probably why I'm so against putting up with it.

smh @ you looking for those types.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    "Once a good girl's gone bad...she's gone forever....you'll mourn forever...you gone have to live wit the fact you did her wrong forever"
  • bull6599
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh I know some too. My own mother put up with a relationship like that with my dad..which is probably why I'm so against putting up with it.

smh @ you looking for those types.

Some women are resigned to the fact that a man WILL cheat sooner or later so they factor that in I guess. I look for those types b/c from my experience they are more open to J/O status. I'm 23 and in the prime of my life so I wouldnt waste my time or anyone else by getting into a relationship when I have no serious intentions of being faithful and building a future...it's the mature thing to do. I've been single for 2+ years and every chick I've been involved w/ has been told up front that I'm not looking for a committed relationship and it will continue to be that way until I feel I'm ready. To mislead them to think otherwise is unfair to them.
  • kat2180
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Some women are resigned to the fact that a man WILL cheat sooner or later so they factor that in I guess. I look for those types b/c from my experience they are more open to J/O status. I'm 23 and in the prime of my life so I wouldnt waste my time or anyone else by getting into a relationship when I have no serious intentions of being faithful and building a future...it's the mature thing to do. I've been single for 2+ years and every chick I've been involved w/ has been told up front that I'm not looking for a committed relationship and it will continue to be that way until I feel I'm ready. To mislead them to think otherwise is unfair to them.

That's not the same then..that's understandable given your age and honesty.
  • bull6599
    edited August 2010
    Options
    That's not the same then..that's understandable given your age and honesty.

I feel like they have to respect me for my honesty if nthn else. I have a lot of female friends that are the same age as me and they are that "I wanna be married by/I dont wanna be lonely when I'm 30" tip and think the best chance of having that happen is to find a man now or in the near future and start building towards it. IDK if all women think this way but I wouldnt wanna rob any of em of the opportunity to find some one by wasting their time w/ me.

But anyway I figure if ur willing to continuously have sex someone who will cheat on u up to 3 times minimum w/ ur knowlrdge of it, then ur not really looking for a "committed relationship".
  • McGeeAKey
    McGeeAKey Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    to earn a woman trust back is just three things,

great sex,money,and shoppi
  • babybugz
    babybugz Members Posts: 53
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You want another ? stay with that ? .. bye lol so nope I wouldn't take him back if he cheated.