Black music exec shames white woman who couldn’t believe he bought a first-class plane ticket

Options
MasterJayN100
MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
15563412_G.jpg
nintchdbpict000371806926.jpg?strip=all&w=875&quality=100

47183DB900000578-5157539-image-a-4_1512686976500.jpg

4716938600000578-5157539-Walker_said_to_the_woman_during_the_exchange_that_he_s_too_big_t-a-5_1512728860506.jpg

471860C000000578-5157539-image-m-8_1512689534897.jpg
471860C900000578-5157539-image-a-6_1512728860655.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLxmPDC7A-Y

A black music executive who was boarding first class called out a white woman for trying to cut him in line because she didn't believe he was a priority passenger.

Emmit Walker was traveling to the Dominican Republic from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport in DC on Tuesday for his 37th birthday and was waiting in the priority boarding queue when the unidentified woman behind him tried cutting into his place in line.

Walker posted the interaction he had with the woman along with her photo, but later regretted it, saying he felt bad he put her on blast.

According to Walker's Facebook post, the exchange with the woman went like this:
'Her: excuse me I believe you may be in the wrong place you need to let us thru. This line is for priority boarding.
Me: priority meaning first class correct?

Her: Yes...now excuse me they will call y’all after we board.
Me: *shove first class priority boarding pass in her face* you can relax ma’am I’m in the right spot, been here longer, so you can board after me.

Her: *still won’t let It go* he must be military or something, but we paid for our seats so he still should have to wait.
Me: nope to big to ever be in anybodies military. I’m just a n**** with money.
Everybody waiting in line: starts to clap.'

Now, in the moment, it is easy to get tempted in today's viral age to post something that you feel needs calling out, however, Walker apologized only a day later for putting the still unidentified woman's face out there.

He wrote: 'When I posted that post on Facebook i didn’t expect all that to come from it. I can honestly name the four or five people i thought would comment with something funny, and that will be it. This racist stuff is definitely a issue but this is not the solution to that issue.'

He earnestly adds, 'It brings me no joy waking up in paradise to for my 37 bday and knowing that woman might be going threw hell. The story was definitely real, just like this issue is definitely real, but I now know that I myself should of handled it another way, or left it how it was, and not shared it publicly.'

'When dealing with people i always try to stay on the side of Right, so to make sure I never do anybody wrong, I try to always put myself in that persons shoes, and ask how would I feel if that person did this to me, and if I was her this morning I would be a total wreak today, and that doesn’t help this situation, or her...it only makes them more angry, and bring more drama...

SO I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE AGAIN TO THE WOMAN I HAD THIS ENCOUNTER WITH YESTERDAY. NO MATTER HOW WRONG YOUR ACTIONS YOU DON’T DESERVE THIS,' he continues.

He tagged several people in the post and concluded with: 'I BELIEVE IF YOU CAN’T HELP NOBODY AT THE VERY LEAST YOU SHOULD NEVER DO ANYTHING TO HURT THEM.'

A lot of people who posted under his apology to the woman, said he had nothing to apologize for, however it was clearly weighing on his conscience.

He said all the people he tagged on Instagram were his biggest followers and he was hoping that he could make his apology go viral as well

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5157539/Black-man-puts-white-woman-blast-class-flight.html#ixzz50pf3QWdP
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Comments

• Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    DL Hughley posted the pic & exchange when it went viral the other day.

It was the best thing i saw on IG that day.

Seeing him try to apologize to a racist who had no concern or care for him is lame.

-50 cool points

Wrong attitude. Being the angry, resentful black man is a stereotype. Nothing wrong with him taking the high road. That ? was racist, he is successful. He has no reason to dwell on her negative energy. The fact he even thought about the backlash she received says a lot about his character. That’s a real man right there, bruh. Mfs can learn a lot from his apology. White, black, it doesn’t matter. His humility and ability to understand fighting fire with fire never works.

It takes a strong man to acknowledge his flaws, especially when he clearly had a victory.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope she fills the pain like i felt finding my mother lifeless body i will never show empathy for trash
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What’s with all the apologies?7bd2nf3qvhb8.gif
    ? out of here...
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I felt two different emotions way too fast while reading this. ? got me feeling bipolar & ? . First I beamed with pride when everyone clapped at the "I'm just a ? with money" comment after correcting this silly cave ? a few times. And then this fat ? ? goes on and apologizes! What tha ? , bruh!? Like... Whyyyyyyy??

lookin at his age, he's a prisoner of the times

when we were comin up, when sum ? was happenin we didn't think "let me record this"

so after their verbal exchange it seemed to occur to him "let me record this"

by & large black folks got empathy, which he showed

I'm pretty sure if someone else recorded it & put it out he wouldn't be apologizing, but since he put it out he feels a lil guilt

•  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wtf is he apologizing for?

Put her on blast. She gon learn today.

learn what exactly
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »

learn what exactly

To not prejudge...
    To not be a racist ? ? ...

Among other things
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those two first class side-by-side round trip tickets (with the extra long seat belt extenders) cost 5 to ten grand easy. That doesn't even include his crew. He should have chartered a flight for better comfort.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

learn what exactly

To not prejudge...

Among other things

u seriously think this person is going to change because of this ordeal? she wasnt going to change whether he posted it or not.

you think due to the backlash, shes going to be like:

"hey yall, i learned something today. i was wrong. i won't ever prejudge people again"

the world doesnt work like that. people, especially bigots/racists with YEARS of life experience, don't change after one event. and if you think otherwise, you are kinda delusional.

Never said she was gonna change. She just gets to feel embarrassment and scrutiny on a national/global level. Idgaf whether she changes or not, but if she loses her job or anything of that nature though, I wouldn't flinch.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    edited December 2017
    Options

learn what exactly

To not prejudge...

Among other things

u seriously think this person is going to change because of this ordeal? she wasnt going to change whether he posted it or not.

"hey yall, i learned something today. i was wrong. i won't ever prejudge people again"

the world doesnt work like that. people, especially bigots/racists with YEARS of life experience, don't change after one event. and if you think otherwise, you are kinda delusional.

I'm saying more that she needs to be aware that there are consequences for her actions.

If her full name and picture was out there she would prolly be a bit embarrassed no matter if she a careless racist ? . No one wants their business out for the entire world to see.(family, friends, your bosses etc)

Also in this new social justice era, it could result in her getting fired because her job don't want the backlash.

It could also resort to her getting harrased and having thousands of comments on all her social media everyday until the point she goes in hiding.

I've personally witnessed all of these things from someone who did less than this woman.

Don't underestimate the power of getting put on the summerjam screen.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember flying to LA for the day w my gf at the time..on our flight back they like there s a first class seat open...we can bump u up I tell my gf to take she like nah u can have it...so I take the upgrade...soon as we land I wait for my gf by the door....I see her she like just keep walking don't say nothing. I'm like what happened. She s like the lady the cac lady who had the 1st class seat ( she showed up late) was throwing a fit back there....I'm like whatever then the cac lady made sure to track us down while we are walking out of the airport to confront me for stealing her seat
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    I remember flying to LA for the day w my gf at the time..on our flight back they like there s a first class seat open...we can bump u up I tell my gf to take she like nah u can have it...so I take the upgrade...soon as we land I wait for my gf by the door....I see her she like just keep walking don't say nothing. I'm like what happened. She s like the lady the cac lady who had the 1st class seat ( she showed up late) was throwing a fit back there....I'm like whatever then the cac lady made sure to track us down while we are walking out of the airport to confront me for stealing her seat

What u say?
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

learn what exactly

To not prejudge...

Among other things

I'm saying more that she needs to be aware that there are consequences for her actions.

If her full name and picture was out there she would prolly be a bit embarrassed no matter if she a careless racist ? . No one wants their business out for the entire world to see.(family, friends, your bosses etc)

Also in this new social justice era, it could result in her getting fired because her job don't want the backlash.

It could also resort to her getting harrased and having thousands of comments on all her social media everyday until the point she goes in hiding.

I've personally witnessed all of these things from someone who did less than this woman.

Don't underestimate the power of getting put on the summerjam screen.

breh, that lady looked over 30.

you dont think shes ever been taught "theres consequences for your actions"?

the awareness is there. she knows. she gave NO ? . why? because shes probably an ? . all she will do is keep her ? ? to herself and her circle of friends and family. her feelings towards actual ? didnt change as a result of this.