how come you havent started your own business yet?

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am curious.

I see alot of potential on the IC and everyone has a specialty that sets them apart..

do you guys realize the people that you may look up to our see in business setting are not that good at their job but they do have the belief that their gift or what they can show as a gift makes them money?

we all have that it.

what are yours?

Comments

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cuz ? ain't tryna quit their 9-5 and give up the stability of that guaranteed paycheck and put their faith in themselves, but risk falling on their faces and not being able to support themselves, their family or cop the new Js.

And cuz ? ain't willing to KEEP their 9-5 and work like a dog on their own business with whatever time they have left in the day cuz they'd rather be spending those hours elsewhere.

Simple.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Cuz ? ain't tryna quit their 9-5 and give up the stability of that guaranteed paycheck and put their faith in themselves, but risk falling on their faces and not being able to support themselves, their family or cop the new Js.

And cuz ? ain't willing to KEEP their 9-5 and work like a dog on their own business with whatever time they have left in the day cuz they'd rather be spending those hours elsewhere.

Simple.

i hear you.

i have started so many new businesses since selling all my shares and other businesses like 2 years back.

i was recently told by a developer that i have a entrepreneurial eye that even most americans he dealt with dont.

i heard that many times. i see money in everything an how to get it.

and while i know this is my gift...i want to know why others dont start they own ? .
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Simple.

i hear you.

i have started so many new businesses since selling all my shares and other businesses like 2 years back.

i was recently told by a developer that i have a entrepreneurial eye that even most americans he dealt with dont.

and while i know this is my gift...i want to know why others dont start they own ? .

Cuz everything ain't for everybody

besides there'd be too many chiefs & not enuff indians
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Brian B. wrote: »

Simple.

i hear you.

is it not that way now?
    its just ? call themselves chiefs...
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even if I hit the lottery I wouldn't. Just don't and never had the desire to do so. I'm not THAT passionate about anything enough 2 live/ eat and sleep it. I let go of work when I clock out. Salary and lifestyle provide a lot of fun so it works. I don't wanna work PERIOD let alone start a business.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still building up the capital. Trying to do it with as little debt going in as possible.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eye roll.

Because maybe they don't want to?

Not everybody is an entrepreneur and there is nothing wrong with that.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    Eye roll.

why you coming in here with an attitude?

an that reason is the worse of them all.

you dont know what can do if you never try.

now roll your eyes again an imma slap the ? outta you
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Simple.

i hear you.

As a Native American I'm appalled and offended and your choice of words.

cover-img.jpg
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I started my t-shirt business and I failed because I'm not putting that much money into something that doesn't have much profit. I did that Facebook promotion ? nobody brought ?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

Simple.

i hear you.

As a Native American I'm appalled and offended and your choice of words.

cover-img.jpg

this ? got the oppressed flags upside down an everything.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Time, money, knowledge... the lack of.... in that order.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    I started my t-shirt business and I failed because I'm not putting that much money into something that doesn't have much profit. I did that Facebook promotion ? nobody brought ?

you try other marketing methods?
    try new designs?
    new markets?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    Time, money, knowledge... the lack of.... in that order.

honesty is much appreciated
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm running my own ? now, but I'll be damned if these $75-$85/hr contracts hitting my inbox ain't lookin good as ? right now.

I just took on a client last month that couldn't afford to pay me a whole lot but guarantees me 40hrs worth of work a week. I took that ? to stabilize my income but this ? sucks. I haven't made this little bit of money since about 2003. At the very least it give the family a base to work from while I pull in more business but I'll be a liar if I said I was happy with this ? right now.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    Eye roll.

why you coming in here with an attitude?

an that reason is the worse of them all.

you dont know what can do if you never try.

now roll your eyes again an imma slap the ? outta you

You aint gon do ? .
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ima start my LLC next week, let's build Pralims
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    I'm running my own ? now, but I'll be damned if these $75-$85/hr contracts hitting my inbox ain't lookin good as ? right now.

I just took on a client last month that couldn't afford to pay me a whole lot but guarantees me 40hrs worth of work a week. I took that ? to stabilize my income but this ? sucks. I haven't made this little bit of money since about 2003. At the very least it give the family a base to work from while I pull in more business but I'll be a liar if I said I was happy with this ? right now.

aye man...get that ? .....it all comes in the long run.

you stay steady on your ? .....business starts slow....we need to keep each other encouraged.

do that ? on the side like sunlord said....

you might have to take days off to get side money.....but the goal is to go solo.

dont let ? stop you or discourage you....

man i got stories for days about how things got tough and how things were good.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    to be real. i got other obligations. id love to just up and start a business but u need the extra disposable income to put into it and potentially loose and it not ruin ur life. im not at that point yet.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Ima start my LLC next week, let's build Pralims

if you real about this......send a pm.....

we can talk about it when i come back to philly.....i need to come back soon...i think i forgot to turn my heat on and i heard its cold there.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    to be real. i got other obligations. id love to just up and start a business but u need the extra disposable income to put into it and potentially loose and it not ruin ur life. im not at that point yet.

we already talked about this a bit......you think about what we talked about?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    If things aren't tough at first you aren't doing it right. Rough patches are there to shape you not discourage you. So don't let that drag you down @konceptjones

That's also why I haven't jumped in yet. I recognize that and I want as little turbulence as possible when I finally decide to take flight.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    For other reasons stated im just afraid.

Just being honest with myself,but i am working and investing in my vision daily while i work this job to support my family and personal lifestyle.

Its a lot to give up but eventually im going to bet it all.