Kanye’s Wears The Shirt Of A Church Burning Neo-? Death Metal Rock Act: A Deep Dive

Options
AllHipHopDailyPosts
AllHipHopDailyPosts Administrators, Moderators, Writer Posts: 192 My Name Is My Name.
edited January 20 in The Reason

Kanye West death metal act Burzum

Yo, fam! Let's talk!

We have to talk about Kanye West's latest fashion move. It's no secret that Ye loves to stir the ? , but his recent choice of wardrobe has me confused. We're talking about that Burzum shirt he rocked in a recent picture with Jpeg Mafia. So Burzum is a death metal band with a backstory as heavy AF. Let us get into it.

First up, who's Burzum? For those not in the loop, Burzum's a one-man death metal act founded by Varg Vikernes. This dude's not just about metal riffs and dark lyrics; he's infamous for some real-life ? that I just cannot rock with. Vikernes, back in the 90s, was convicted for burning down churches. And not just any churches – we're talking about historical ones in Norway. To keep it real, he claimed it wasn't satanism driving him but "revenge" against Christian desecration of Viking sites. Do you believe? By the way, he was also convicted of murder and arson, and subsequently served 15 years in prison. Let us go a bit farther.

Kanye, known for his unapologetic and often controversial statements, decides to wear a Burzum shirt in this Jpeg Mafia photoshoot. He's been in the spotlight for his antisemitic comments, and now he's about to apologize to the Jewish community. The irony? Vikernes is known not just for his arson spree but also for writing for neo-? publications. In the early 2000s, the guy was regularly contributing to a magazine associated with the neo-pagan neo-? group Vigrid.

The plot thickens. Vikernes, who moved to France, got charged by French authorities for inciting racial hatred against Jews and Muslims. And here's Kanye, donning a shirt representing this guy. Coincidence? Strategy? You tell me. I cannot call it.

Here's the kicker – I never even heard of this Vikernes dude until today. But Kanye, being Kanye, knows exactly what he's doing. He's no stranger to controversy, and wearing a Burzum shirt is like throwing gasoline on a fire. It's a statement, whether calculated or just Ye being Ye. This sure is different that "Jesus Walks" Kanye West.

So, what's the deal with Kanye and this shirt? Is he trying to send a message, stir up the ? , or just rocking a death metal shirt without the heavy backstory? As always, Kanye keeps us guessing and talking. Mr. West sure knows how to keep us on our toes.

What do y'all think about Kanye's fashion statement?

-illseed out