Beautiful women of the IC... Romance?

Options
buttuh_b
buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in The Powder Room
Sorry the thread probably been done before...

But what is your take on being romantic with your s/o?? How do you view a man trying to approach you on some romantic ? .. how early would yall say is too early for all that?? It seems like a lot of girls nowadays will look at you like a cornball if you want to just have a nice romantic dinner or sensual kisses in the bedroom with candles and some sexy music...

Also do you feel that it can come off forced?? Can relationships become too stagnant for romance after you've been around someone so much??

Sorry... its a lot of questions but I just want to hear some females' point of view on romance in general. I already know how it is if I talk to my patna's about it.. "You're soft.. ? all that ? ? ." The idea of being that intimate with someone and connecting on the physical and mental level is just real appealing to me at this point in my life but it seems like its a lost art. Don't get me wrong.. I like playing video games and being goofy and beating the brakes off ? probably more than the next man but I think some serious romance can be good for you every once in a while (but not too much..).

Comments

• the_underground
    the_underground Members Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I just think romance means spending time together. You could be just hanging on a park bench having good conversation or just laying in bed together being playful. I'm a real easygoing chick---candle-lit dinners are nice and so are the typical walk on the beach cliche ? that can be nice, but it's not always needed for me to really be romantic. True romance to me is just being alone with the man you have feelings for, having a really deep conversation and a continuing to see your connection going stronger.

And this might seem very corny, but if it's really meant to be, it wouldn't come off forced. Sometimes relationships get boring, but if you really are meant for that person, the connection and love you have should just continue to get stronger. Finding little ways to just bring spark back is what I think is important.
  • akforty7
    akforty7 Members Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Romance is sooo important to me. Sometimes our lives get so hectic we don't take the time to really SHOW our feelings to the one we love. It's the little things that count. Flowers for no reason, a love letter or card, candle lit dinner, massage, looking her in her eyes and telling her how much you appreciate her... all these things cost little to nothing but mean so much.

I think you should court a woman when you meet her, and during that phase, not TOO much romance but just a little and then when you become an item and fall in love that's when you have to keep it exciting all the time with romance. A good woman will always take care of her man in every way and stay 100% loyal as long as she feels loved and appreciated.
  • buttuh_b
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Underground that's an interesting way to look at romance but I feel what you're saying. Just being able to be with someone on some one on one genuine ? spending time together and being nice is romantic...

AK, so you think a male should go for that early?? I think some girls don't take me serious when I do that some times.. I don't know if its because they're not used to it or because they see that as soft or whatever and they like being treated like ? .

I don't know if I would want to be overly romantic all the time though because I feel like that takes away from how special it is when you do have it.

Where the females who think romance is corny??? I know yall out there. I want to hear your perspective too.
  • akforty7
    edited August 2010
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Underground that's an interesting way to look at romance but I feel what you're saying. Just being able to be with someone on some one on one genuine ? spending time together and being nice is romantic...

AK, so you think a male should go for that early?? I think some girls don't take me serious when I do that some times.. I don't know if its because they're not used to it or because they see that as soft or whatever and they like being treated like ? .

I don't know if I would want to be overly romantic all the time though because I feel like that takes away from how special it is when you do have it.

Where the females who think romance is corny??? I know yall out there. I want to hear your perspective too.

I think you should only do it when it gets serious. B/c if you do it early, she's gonna think "he must do this for everyone so its not special" or be scared that you're trying to rush. Not everyone is worthy of your romance anyway, save it for someone you LOVE because that's what it's for. And I don't think it makes you soft at all, I also think you should do it as much as your heart desires, it will always be special if there's love there.

I don't know many females who think it's corny lol. Most women love to be romanced and feel special and adored :D
  • buttuh_b
    edited August 2010
    Options
    akforty7 wrote: »
    I think you should only do it when it gets serious. B/c if you do it early, she's gonna think "he must do this for everyone so its not special" or be scared that you're trying to rush. Not everyone is worthy of your romance anyway, save it for someone you LOVE because that's what it's for. And I don't think it makes you soft at all, I also think you should do it as much as your heart desires, it will always be special if there's love there.

I don't know many females who think it's corny lol. Most women love to be romanced and feel special and adored :D

Yeah some times I do kinda play around with girls... I just like being romantic cuz it keeps things interesting... But its been a couple chicks that looked at me crazy cuz it'll be like the 2nd time they come over and I throw on some Luther Vandross and be like "Let's slow dance" lol.. I think they take it in a creepy way. But ill take your advice and save it for the special people.

Also I would compare being romantic EVERY day to like eating your favorite dish every day. I don't want to get tired of something I like. Sex every day is different though.. That's a need lol
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    A man who thinks romance is soft has a juvenile perception of it.

I am a lover of romance and find it very necessary.
    It it something that should come naturally and it doesn't have to be a grand gesture.
    The simplest of things can turn into heated moments of romance. I am extremely passionate so I definitely appreciate romance in my relationship.
    I live extremely close to the beach and it's peaceful beauty at night is indescribable. Sitting on a beach chair at night, listening to the waves splash up onto shore, watching the stillness of the surrounding area is romantic all in itself. Throw on some romantic music to dance to on the beach and it is a wrap.

I have prepared candle lit dinners for my ex in the past.
    I would cook a huge meal, light one single candle on the patio outside, have him sit on the couch with a beer while I am finishing the last touches, throw on some music and as simple as that is, it's very sensual and romantic.
    We would enjoy our meal and the conversation, carry it back inside and enjoy each others presence while cuddling, talking, kissing, dancing, playfully fooling around....

Romance is necessary to not only keep things interesting but it's just a part of me, personally. I am extremely passionate and really enjoy the "extra" things in a relationship. You know those moments where she's cooking, he walks up behind her and caresses her neck and runs his finger down her spine turning her around embracing her passionately....That heat, that undying gotta have you right here, right now is a great feeling which can be incorporated and played out in your daily lives.

I find thoughtful things like calling me in the middle of my work day just to know how I am doing romantic.
    Going for a walk through the park or on the beach where it is surrounded by these amazing rock formations which you can walk through the water to get to and just indulge in that extremely romantic and sensual moment in the water with your s/o while your bodies are wet, her hair is dripping, the heat between you could light a match......the simplest of things are the most memorable.

I could go on for days. There are so many different situations and scenarios which can be made romantic.

A woman will appreciate her man for all he does. If your romantic gestures go unnoticed then perhaps your ideas of what constitutes as a rocking Friday evening are not the same which is where compatibility comes into play. I personally need a man who can appreciate my passion and indulge in my sensual/romantic side.

• Heroine
    Heroine Members Posts: 31
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Romance is very important to me. However, if it's done too early in the game it comes off desperate and thirsty. Romance should always be incorporated AFTER the game of pursuit, not during. Men often mistake pursuing someone as wining and dining her-negative. It's simply getting to know know a ? a mental,physical and spiritual level and forming a strong bond. Romance should be done and presented in such a way that she feels it's a token of your appreciation for her. It's a time where you can vibe with your S/O and be vulnerable with each other after all the ups an downs.
  • akforty7
    edited August 2010
    Options
    A man who thinks romance is soft has a juvenile perception of it.

I am a lover of romance and find it very necessary.
    It it something that should come naturally and it doesn't have to be a grand gesture.
    The simplest of things can turn into heated moments of romance. I am extremely passionate so I definitely appreciate romance in my relationship.
    I live extremely close to the beach and it's peaceful beauty at night is indescribable. Sitting on a beach chair at night, listening to the waves splash up onto shore, watching the stillness of the surrounding area is romantic all in itself. Throw on some romantic music to dance to on the beach and it is a wrap.

I have prepared candle lit dinners for my ex in the past.
    I would cook a huge meal, light one single candle on the patio outside, have him sit on the couch with a beer while I am finishing the last touches, throw on some music and as simple as that is, it's very sensual and romantic.
    We would enjoy our meal and the conversation, carry it back inside and enjoy each others presence while cuddling, talking, kissing, dancing, playfully fooling around....

Romance is necessary to not only keep things interesting but it's just a part of me, personally. I am extremely passionate and really enjoy the "extra" things in a relationship. You know those moments where she's cooking, he walks up behind her and caresses her neck and runs his finger down her spine turning her around embracing her passionately....That heat, that undying gotta have you right here, right now is a great feeling which can be incorporated and played out in your daily lives.

I find thoughtful things like calling me in the middle of my work day just to know how I am doing romantic.
    Going for a walk through the park or on the beach where it is surrounded by these amazing rock formations which you can walk through the water to get to and just indulge in that extremely romantic and sensual moment in the water with your s/o while your bodies are wet, her hair is dripping, the heat between you could light a match......the simplest of things are the most memorable.

I could go on for days. There are so many different situations and scenarios which can be made romantic.

A woman will appreciate her man for all he does. If your romantic gestures go unnoticed then perhaps your ideas of what constitutes as a rocking Friday evening are not the same which is where compatibility comes into play. I personally need a man who can appreciate my passion and indulge in my sensual/romantic side.

Marley you're so much like myself, especially with all the passion. Are you a leo? LOL I agree with everything you've said... the little things that cost nothing are the most precious moments. I love your post.

I also agree with Heroine!
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    romance is essential to a healthy relationship.....

and it's something that should be genuinely enjoyed by both parties..

i mean, when it all comes down to it, we're all selfish creatures even if it's in the most vaugest form...

i don't do nice and romantic things for my lady just cuz it makes her feel special... i do it becuase he being happy, and her feeling special, makes me feel a certain wonderful feeing on the inside..

seeing a plesant shock on her face, or a tear of joy in her eye....or just for her to just feel like she's being pampereed and sitting on the top of the world makes me feel like a million ucks.. especially cuz i know i brought that joy, pleasure and satisfaction to her life...

i love knowing that she's happy.. and that's why it's so easy for me to be sooo romantic.. becuase i have someone in my life who really appriciates it....

it's like if i'm depressed, in a rut, or need something to lift my spirits.. i go out and do someithng nice for her...and it's almost a race, cuz if it's noticable that somethings wrong with me. i have to hurry up n do something nice for her, cuz i already know she's planning to do something for me....

when two people genuinelly like making eachother happy like tht... it's almost impossible to really be down about anything.....
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    akforty7 wrote: »
    Marley you're so much like myself, especially with all the passion. Are you a leo? LOL I agree with everything you've said... the little things that cost nothing are the most precious moments. I love your post.

I also agree with Heroine!

Thank you mami :) I am very passionate and that same passion is necessary in a mate for myself.
    Correction: I am a Scorpio.....grrrrrrrrr. What you know bout me?? lol
  • buttuh_b
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Heroine wrote: »
    Romance is very important to me. However, if it's done too early in the game it comes off desperate and thirsty. Romance should always be incorporated AFTER the game of pursuit, not during. Men often mistake pursuing someone as wining and dining her-negative. It's simply getting to know know a ? a mental,physical and spiritual level and forming a strong bond. Romance should be done and presented in such a way that she feels it's a token of your appreciation for her. It's a time where you can vibe with your S/O and be vulnerable with each other after all the ups an downs.

I agree with if it's done too early it coming off as desperate and thirsty, but I would also say that it should be incorporated sometime during the pursuit, and especially afterward...

I believe I'm very romantic...I'll go all out, down to the last detail, and I look for ways to keep a smile on her face, and also be spontaneous. finding delight in just your partner's company, lookin for ways to make her load lighter, keeping and sharing secrets with each other, hell just touchin her body (and I'm not necessarily sayin in a sexual manner)...

Hmmm... contradicting statements. Could yall elaborate a lil more for me... lol.. cuz this is one of my problems that I'm trying to figure out. I LIKE being romantic... but I don't necessarily consider just getting to know someone to be "romantic"... I think it might be cool to give a girl a lil bit of taste of my romantic side during the pursuit.. but not the whole thing cuz thats giving me to them and that should be special....

Appreciate all yall responses... yall gave me a different and broader perspective on what romance is... I'll definitely incorporate some of the stuff yall talkin about into future relationships... nice to see I'm not the only romantic person out there.. haha
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    every woman loves romance

end of thread
  • buttuh_b
    edited August 2010
    Options
    every woman loves romance

end of thread

Not true....

When chicks get too used to ? with lames they don't know how to act when you treat them proper..
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Not true....

When chicks get too used to ? with lames they don't know how to act when you treat them proper..

well teach that broad how to act
  • buttuh_b
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol it ain't that easy to break lifelong habits girls who date losers develop...