here is my first mix!

Options
Aquafinafloe
Aquafinafloe Banned Users Posts: 2,871
edited August 2010 in Roc The Mic Audio
lmaoo ok you gs can't laugh !! but here is my first performance i did yesterday...i recorded the mix like 5 hours before i went on stage i had to do it like this USED AS A BACKUP FOR MY VOICE IN CASE I FORGOT THE WORDS. so yea it sounds a lil ghetto cause the guys that were suppose to do it with me bailed out on me on the last minnuet...so did my homegurl for the vocals... so yea it sounds a lil gehtto and rushed other than that enjoy! ;)

Comments

• Aquafinafloe
    edited August 2010
    Options
    thank you! and yes everyone says the second track wasnt soo good...i recorded this only so i could use it as a backup when i was on stage in case i forgot my lyrics....that is why it sounds so monotone i had all the feelings to it on stage....and you like my singing!!!! awwww thank you i cant even sing i don't think and i will never use autotune so i geuss what i go is coo!! ty ;)
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    your flow is the same throughout the whole joint. A bit of different emphasis in your voice, which was pretty good. There were lots of parts that were hard to hear though... i had to listen to this twice.

The first beat you chose was hot, the second one was annoying. Third one was sick too. there is too much high in this too, you should put a filter on it and take it out or something. Throw an EQ on that ? .

Your singing was surprisingly good.

work on your flow. It's very very repetitive. and you slur a lot of your words, making it hard to understand you.
  • Legend24
    Legend24 Members Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Pretty solid stuff. The last track was the best in my opinion... you sounded more natural even when you picked up the pace. I also wasn't feeling the second one too much as the other guy mentioned. The first one was solid but the delivery seemed a bit forced and it seemed like you were yelling a bit.
  • Aquafinafloe
    edited August 2010
    Options
    t.y sweety and yea for some reason the second track doesnt go soo well as far as the first one thats my fave.....and yea this was only recorded as a backup voice for my performance thats why it sounds sooo rushed so when i drop my first mixtape *versatility* ima rerecord this whole mix ;)
    Legend24 wrote: »
    Pretty solid stuff. The last track was the best in my opinion... you sounded more natural even when you picked up the pace. I also wasn't feeling the second one too much as the other guy mentioned. The first one was solid but the delivery seemed a bit forced and it seemed like you were yelling a bit.
  • beerisgood4ya
    beerisgood4ya Members Posts: 2,566
    edited August 2010
    Options
    who ever your engineer is, smack that ? for messing your vocals. U was flowing on the 1st and 3rd tracks, i could barely hear u on the 2nd track. Damn u went in on the 3rd track, u got to learn breath control though, because your flow sound rushed in some parts on the 3rd track. Actually as i listen to your song again, i dont like your 1st track, your flow sounded a lil too much like nicki m ? flow. After hearing your 3rd track, u should run with that flow, not that nicki ? . Its important as a brand new artist to come out with your own signature flow and style. U should keep experimenting with different flows, dont get too comfortable with 2 or 3 flows, keep switching umm up. Actually your 2nd flown was better than that nicki flow u did on the first track. U sound good on tracks with alot of bass, like that 3rd track got me hard a lil, i cant front lol. But for real, u did good overall.

side notes....

i want to hear more tracks that are deeper, that can show that u can be versitle with different subject matters.

ill just throw a couple subject matters out there....what goes on in your daily life, not all the gangster ? , but regular ? , sometimes people just want to hear some normal relatable ? . Whats something your passionate bout, maybe your child, think about zion by lauren hill. If u do a song like that bout someone u love, add alot of passion and detail...... umm, talk about how u grew up, your struggles, goals, ect.... GOtta be a balanced artist and add a possitve track or tracks. I see u can rap good, i think u should make a track showing how nice u are, just spitting like shawana did on rpm with twista on that song, that would be crazy if u executed it right.

But anyway, u can take your artistry where ever u wana go, its your world, hope some of my input helps u out.
  • Aquafinafloe
    edited August 2010
    Options
    thank you!!!! for the insight i realy realy apreciate it i just want you guys to know THIS IS NOT THE ORIGINAL MIX FOR THIS PERFORMANCE I RUSHED RECORDED IT FAST LIKE THAT ONLY BECUASE I NEEDED IT TO PERFORM!!!! THAT IS THE ONLY REASON WHY IT SOUNDS LIKE THIER IS NO EMPHASIZES ON IT...WHAT IM WORKIN ON NEXT IMA HAVE IT ON HERE TONIGHT U GUYS ARE GONNA LIKE...HOPEFULY AND I PRMOISE THAT ITS GONNA BE DONE SLOWLY GOOD AND SHOW ONLY ME....IM SURE U CAN TELL THAT I AINT TRYNA COME LIKE NO NIKI ME AND HER HAVE 2 TOTALY DIFF STYLES AND TRAINS OF THOUGHT!
  • Aquafinafloe
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lmaooo did u say that rd track got you hard!! Lmaoooo ? if u ever nasty asss!!
    who ever your engineer is, smack that ? for messing your vocals. U was flowing on the 1st and 3rd tracks, i could barely hear u on the 2nd track. Damn u went in on the 3rd track, u got to learn breath control though, because your flow sound rushed in some parts on the 3rd track. Actually as i listen to your song again, i dont like your 1st track, your flow sounded a lil too much like nicki m ? flow. After hearing your 3rd track, u should run with that flow, not that nicki ? . Its important as a brand new artist to come out with your own signature flow and style. U should keep experimenting with different flows, dont get too comfortable with 2 or 3 flows, keep switching umm up. Actually your 2nd flown was better than that nicki flow u did on the first track. U sound good on tracks with alot of bass, like that 3rd track got me hard a lil, i cant front lol. But for real, u did good overall.

Side notes....

I want to hear more tracks that are deeper, that can show that u can be versitle with different subject matters.

Ill just throw a couple subject matters out there....what goes on in your daily life, not all the gangster ? , but regular ? , sometimes people just want to hear some normal relatable ? . Whats something your passionate bout, maybe your child, think about zion by lauren hill. If u do a song like that bout someone u love, add alot of passion and detail...... Umm, talk about how u grew up, your struggles, goals, ect.... Gotta be a balanced artist and add a possitve track or tracks. I see u can rap good, i think u should make a track showing how nice u are, just spitting like shawana did on rpm with twista on that song, that would be crazy if u executed it right.

But anyway, u can take your artistry where ever u wana go, its your world, hope some of my input helps u out.
  • JefftheProducer
    JefftheProducer Members Posts: 23
    edited August 2010
    Options
    u killed that 3rd joint i dig it
  • Aquafinafloe
    edited August 2010
    Options
    t.y sweety this whole thing once again WILL BE RE RECORDED only used for promotion though i just wanted to let yalls hear me since i be talkin alota mess on here lol
    u killed that 3rd joint i dig it
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    even tho u should prolly switch up flo a lil more throughout each song, i like da flows u had, especially the first one..da last one wit the twistin was kinda iffy tho..

and u do slur a lil bit, maybe u should punch in sometimes...

but i like ur voice... and u seem to have a lil bit of an ear for beats...
  • Aquafinafloe
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lmaoo ima hurry up and put some real ish for u guys up here becuase i keep tellin yall when i did this this was only used as a backup vocal for when i was on stage i did this whole mix excatly 3 hours before i went on stage not knowing what i was gonna do and how i was gonna do it so i came up wit the idea of just mixing everythingtogether i had to hurry up and record it casue i was rushing thats why it sounds like that! if u would ahve been at the performance u prob would have been trippin on how filthy this came out...

even tho u should prolly switch up flo a lil more throughout each song, i like da flows u had, especially the first one..da last one wit the twistin was kinda iffy tho..

and u do slur a lil bit, maybe u should punch in sometimes...

but i like ur voice... and u seem to have a lil bit of an ear for beats...