What is the Churches view on divorce?

Options
American Loo VII 3D
American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Is divorce cool?

Comments

• dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i don't know; but as long at they can pay the same tithes after divorce they could care less
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    Fundz O' Plenty Members Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i don't know; but as long at they can pay the same tithes after divorce they could care less

this. if you go to them for counseling they try to help but for the most part 50% of the people in church are divorced. Ministers and all.... *shrugs*
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Raised Catholic I can tell you it's not in the Catholic Church. You can get divorced through the courts but the church won't recognize it.
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ... Stay married unless that other person is cheatin or abusin u..
  • American Loo VII 3D
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ... Stay married unless that other person is cheatin or abusin u..

and if you dont, its a sin right?

but you can be forgiven.
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

they are full of ? !
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

but you can be forgiven.
    yeah, cause you made an oathe with ? .. for better or worst...

Sure u can be forgiven
  • J-GUTTA
    edited August 2010
    Options

but you can be forgiven.

I know you have a BM. So are you weighing your options in case you ask her to marry you and it don't work out?
  • American Loo VII 3D
    edited August 2010
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    I know you have a BM. So are you weighing your options in case you ask her to marry you and it don't work out?

nah. i was just curious. never really heard anyone talk about divorce and the church.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    wow..another church sucks thread...

ugh....

can yall please stop generalizing all churches.. this is getting really old..

but as for an attempted reasonable answer, it's all situations to what kind of church u go to..

if it's an old fahsion churched full of a bunch of older folk.. u already know they mostly don't beleive in divorces anyway, cuz that's just how their generation is..

but if you find a younger more progressive church, for the most part it's still situational to the reason for the divorce...

i'm quite sure most churches would offer some type of counsil if seeked... and they're always going to work in the best interest of trying to keep the couple together as church tends to support marriage...but if it comes down to the point where there really is no other option but divorce then as with all things, ur going to have people who have negative opinions regardless...

and with places as family oriented as a church, ur going to have ppl taking sides as well... but a simple answer is pretty much what dro said..

stay married unless that other person is cheatin or abusin u..
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    edited August 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »

ugh....

but as for an attempted reasonable answer, it's all situations to what kind of church u go to..

if it's an old fahsion churched full of a bunch of older folk.. u already know they mostly don't beleive in divorces anyway, cuz that's just how their generation is..

but if you find a younger more progressive church, for the most part it's still situational to the reason for the divorce...

i'm quite sure most churches would offer some type of counsil if seeked... and they're always going to work in the best interest of trying to keep the couple together as church tends to support marriage...but if it comes down to the point where there really is no other option but divorce then as with all things, ur going to have people who have negative opinions regardless...

and with places as family oriented as a church, ur going to have ppl taking sides as well... but a simple answer is pretty much what dro said..

Didn't read, child please....
  • American Loo VII 3D
    edited August 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »

ugh....

who in the hell said "church sucks"

i asked the churches view on divorce. calm down Churchy McGee
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Didn't read, child please....
    who in the hell said "church sucks"

i asked the churches view on divorce. calm down Churchy McGee
    foh.. yall ? hate church....

yall know it, i know it...

just keepn it 100%
  • J-GUTTA
    edited August 2010
    Options
    BBWWWWAAAAHHHHHHH!

Churchy...
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Not in the catholic church, ? is mad strict.

My friend's dad had to completely renounce his first marriage and all by-products(the kids) in order to get re-married. Suffice to say, she was upset.
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    edited August 2010
    Options
    BBWWWWAAAAHHHHHHH!

Churchy...

Your new AVi is a problem ? .... lol, damn!
  • American Loo VII 3D
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Not in the catholic church, ? is mad strict.

My friend's dad had to completely renounce his first marriage and all by-products(the kids) in order to get re-married. Suffice to say, she was upset.

wow. thats crazy...
  • QB - 6th Edition
    QB - 6th Edition Banned Users Posts: 1,207
    edited August 2010
    Options
    whats good loo
    as far as your question......... i dunno........ ? church
  • J-GUTTA
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Your new AVi is a problem ? .... lol, damn!

Ya she's a stripper. She gets down.
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ya she's a stripper. She gets down.

Where she droppin' all that at???
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Catholic: your going to hell

Protestant: not so much
  • J-GUTTA
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Where she droppin' all that at???

She has lock downs at her crib. I met her Saturday at the lake front on my bike I was passing through the air and water show. She walked over and said "you need to come to my parties" I said word and she told me it's a lock down with "Private Shows". I told her I work 7 days a week and nights on the weekends but to give me an invite anyway. She took my number and this morning when I woke up I saw this on my phone with the message of "Maybe this will convince you". So I decided to share the picture.
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    edited August 2010
    Options
    She has lock downs at her crib. I met her Saturday at the lake front on my bike I was passing through the air and water show. She walked over and said "you need to come to my parties" I said word and she told me it's a lock down with "Private Shows". I told her I work 7 days a week and nights on the weekends but to give me an invite anyway. She took my number and this morning when I woke up I saw this on my phone with the message of "Maybe this will convince you". So I decided to share the picture.

lol, damn... Bless you brutha...
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    @Du

Not to knock ur church or nothin but in Revelations its says when Jesus' returns to this world he will only be happy with 7 churches in the entire world, because those 7 will be the only ones who truely taught what he wanted. My question to you is what are the odds that you go to one of the 7?
  • American Loo VII 3D
    edited August 2010
    Options
    @Du

Not to knock ur church or nothin but in Revelations its says when Jesus' returns to this world he will only be happy with 7 churches in the entire world, because those 7 will be the only ones who truely taught what he wanted. My question to you is what are the odds that you go to one of the 7?

if ? 's saving any of us, its Du.

regardless of what the man's church is doing.