Why did ? forsake Jesus on the cross?

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Matthew 27:46 - About the nineth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" - which means, "My ? , my ? , why have you forsaken me?

1. We know that Jesus died for our sins, Jesus knows this as well:

Matthew 16:21 - 21 From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

Matthew 17:22 - 22 When they came together in Galilee, he said to them, "The Son of Man is going to be betrayed into the hands of men.
23 They will ? him, and on the third day he will be raised to life." And the disciples were filled with grief.

(Obviously there is many many more predictions by Him but I'll only use 2 as an example. You get the idea)

2. Jesus knew He was going to give His life to atone for our sins:

Matthew 20:28 - 28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."

3. What Jesus has predicted about his betrayal, mockery and death come true:

Matthew 27:22-23 - 22 "What shall I do, then, with Jesus who is called Christ?" Pilate asked.
They all answered, "Crucify him!"
23"Why? What crime has he committed?" asked Pilate. But they shouted all the louder, "Crucify him!"

"betrayed into the hands of man"

Matthew 27: 27-31 - 27Then the governor's soldiers took Jesus into the Praetorium and gathered the whole company of soldiers around him. 28They stripped him and put a scarlet robe on him, 29and then twisted together a crown of thorns and set it on his head. They put a staff in his right hand and knelt in front of him and mocked him. "Hail, king of the Jews!" they said. 30They spit on him, and took the staff and struck him on the head again and again. 31After they had mocked him, they took off the robe and put his own clothes on him. Then they led him away to crucify him.

"mocked and beaten"

Matthew 27:35 - 35When they had crucified him, they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

Matthew 27:46 - 46About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi,[a] lama sabachthani?"—which means, "My ? , my ? , why have you forsaken me?"

Matthew 27:50 - 50And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.

"He dies"

*all quotations under these verses are His predictions

So, why did ? forsake (abandon, leave) His Son? For ? to accept His Son's sacrifice to atone for our sins (which was the only way for this to happen), ? had to leave His side. ? , cannot be killed. Jesus, for the first time ever was experiencing ? being separated from Him. Jesus was now experiencing abandonment because ? placed the sins of mankind on Him. This is why He says, "Why have you forsaken me?" Jesus now felt the weight of mankind's sin upon Him and ? (at the time, for a short time) was no longer with Him anymore.

Now, notice very soon after ? has 'abandons' Jesus, He dies. After asking, "why have you forsaken me?", Jesus soon after gives up His last breath. So what does that mean? Jesus, without ? , could no longer live. ? stayed with Jesus throughout all of His suffering. ? left, then Jesus died. Jesus had ? dwelling inside Him. Jesus was ? . After ? left Him, Jesus was now pure man.

Philippians 2:5-11 - 5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in very nature[a] ? ,
did not consider equality with ? something to be grasped,
7 but made himself nothing,
taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
9 Therefore ? exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of ? the Father.

Footnotes:

a. Philippians 2:6 Or in the form of
b. Philippians 2:7 Or the form

Jesus was the very 'nature of ? ' but He did not consider equality with ? something to be grasped. He knew that no one would ever grasp the very fact that he was the very 'nature of ? ', that ? dwelled in Him and that He was literally ? . He came in 'appearance of man' and therefore humbled Himself to our level. As a 'man' He now became 'obedient' to death. ? could never be obedient to death, only can a human. That everyone shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. The definition of the word Lord here is all the definitions. There isn't ONE definition for it. Jesus Christ is everything, He Lord our ? .

Comments

• VIBE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    So what was the statute of limitations on this sacrifice? Was it for the 3 days? Did he die for only the sins that was committed up to his death, or was the future sins included in this sacrifice as well?

Hebrews 2:9-10

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of ? should taste death for every man. For it became him, for whom [are] all things, and by whom [are] all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

For all of us, 'all of mankind'. Not 'all of ? 's elect', not 'just Israel', not 'for our time only'. For ALL of MANKIND. Everyone, you, me, Chozen, TX, And Step, DoU, It's Over! All of us.

Did he die for the sins of white slave masters, 9/11 terrorist, those who don't believe in Jesus, drive by shooters, the Nazis, big meech and Larry Hoove? Me? If I don't accept him as my lord and savior is that a sin? And did he die for that? Can he not understand why I doubt his story and theirs no evil intent behind it? Or will I be held accountable any way as if he didn't do anything at all?

Yes, he died to cleanse us of our sins. Thing is ONLY if you can repent, accept, believer, follow etc. You can't just be forgiven just to be forgiven. Those people, those groups are ONLY forgiven if they can go about it right and turn from their evil ways. ? hates the evildoer, He hates sin.

If you personally don't accept Him then your sins cannot be forgiven. Did he die for that, for you to NOT accept Him? No, but only if you DO accept Him has he died for your sins. You will be held accountable anyways.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I like what Ether said and I'm still waiting for why he said his father had abandoned him. You still have yet to give an explanation for that. I don't see how ? allowing him to die symbolized his father abandoning him to the point he was shocked because after all that was plan A from the get go.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I like what Ether said and I'm still waiting for why he said his father had abandoned him. You still have yet to give an explanation for that. I don't see how ? allowing him to die symbolized his father abandoning him to the point he was shocked because after all that was plan A from the get go.

He said ? ditched jesus because ? can't die, therefore after ? dropped jesus he could no longer live and thus gave up the spirit. And that is how ? forsake jesus.
  • VIBE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So, why did ? forsake (abandon, leave) His Son? For ? to accept His Son's sacrifice to atone for our sins (which was the only way for this to happen), ? had to leave His side. ? , cannot be killed. Jesus, for the first time ever was experiencing ? being separated from Him. Jesus was now experiencing abandonment because ? placed the sins of mankind on Him. This is why He says, "Why have you forsaken me?" Jesus now felt the weight of mankind's sin upon Him and ? (at the time, for a short time) was no longer with Him anymore.

That's why. For Jesus to die for our sins ? HAD TO LEAVE Him. Period. That was the only way Jesus could die for our sins. All sins of the world were placed upon Jesus, Jesus was sin. Jesus only knew sin by law, not by experience. Jesus never sinned. Now I'm sure you know that, and I did explain why ? left Jesus. Why Jesus said what He said. For the first time EVER Jesus was without ? , for that short time He felt the grieving of the world, the SINS they had because it was PLACED upon Him.

Romans 8:3
    3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature,[a] ? did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man,[c]

2 Corinthians 5:21
    21God made him who had no sin to be sin[a] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of ? .
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    That's why. For Jesus to die for our sins ? HAD TO LEAVE Him. Period. That was the only way Jesus could die for our sins. All sins of the world were placed upon Jesus, Jesus was sin. Jesus only knew sin by law, not by experience. Jesus never sinned. Now I'm sure you know that, and I did explain why ? left Jesus. Why Jesus said what He said. For the first time EVER Jesus was without ? , for that short time He felt the grieving of the world, the SINS they had because it was PLACED upon Him.

Romans 8:3
    3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature,[a] ? did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man,[c]

2 Corinthians 5:21
    21God made him who had no sin to be sin[a] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of ? .

Ok, so in that case then who took over Jesus? You have said he and ? were one in the same. For ? to abandon Jesus someone would have to have taken the place.
  • VIBE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ok, so in that case then who took over Jesus? You have said he and ? were one in the same. For ? to abandon Jesus someone would have to have taken the place.

Jesus was now man. Which is why I put down Philippians. Jesus was emptied of ? and was now man.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Jesus was now man. Which is why I put down Philippians. Jesus was emptied of ? and was now man.

But what man took ? 's place? You can't just throw a new brain into a body and expect it to have any memory of anything.
  • VIBE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It has nothing to do with Jesus' brain. The Spirit of ? left Him, now he's purely man. Like Philippians says, "did not consider equality with ? something to be grasped". If you cannot grasp what I am saying and will keep questioning and questioning each of my responses then I don't know what else to say.

I'm just gonna end up continuously repeating myself. I'm trying not to keep on using scripture to explain it to you. It's pretty easily interpreted to mean what it says. The 'man' that took ? 's place was the man of Jesus Christ. That's who. He wasn't a new person, he wasn't a new brain, he was now just a man. Like I said it was for a short time as you can see.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It has nothing to do with Jesus' brain. The Spirit of ? left Him, now he's purely man. Like Philippians says, "did not consider equality with ? something to be grasped". If you cannot grasp what I am saying and will keep questioning and questioning each of my responses then I don't know what else to say.

I'm just gonna end up continuously repeating myself. I'm trying not to keep on using scripture to explain it to you. It's pretty easily interpreted to mean what it says. The 'man' that took ? 's place was the man of Jesus Christ. That's who. He wasn't a new person, he wasn't a new brain, he was now just a man. Like I said it was for a short time as you can see.

You say Jesus and ? were the same, ? left Jesus, that means Jesus of Nazareth was just flesh at that point, no soul or energy inside of that body. What man took that place? If ? manifested himself as man and came down as Jesus then there was no Jesus in that body ever.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The Spirit of ? left Him, now he's purely man.

By saying what you have said, you have indirectly said jesus was not ? incarnate, but a man in whom the spirit of ? dwelt.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    By saying what you have said, you have indirectly said jesus was not ? incarnate, but a man in whom the spirit of ? dwelt.

This is what Im trying to get at, ? and Jesus couldn't have been the same then if ? left and a man was already inside of Jesus. It would be basically saying that Jesus of Nazareth was an average guy who was possessed by ? at the time of Birth. If one entity was that person and left another entity would have to have been formed to fill that void and if Jesus was ? there was no other entity in there.
  • VIBE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well, this is my fault. Simply I assumed the interpretation. I will not take back what I said because originally that's what I got. Reviewing all over I come to a different conclusion but that conclusion confuses me to be honest I just gotta see one thing. Um never again will I short myself with a day or two. I never took into consideration what you're saying and what I very indirectly said. So what I said was what it is at first I'll get back to this when I can truly get to it with assumptions.