Do you think the world is coming to an end ?

Options
freshb651
freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
summing up revelations it says in the end times men will be disloyal,lovers of wealth,lovers of self,children will disobey their parents(chippy d anyone),disease and famine will run rampant,earthquakes,floods(Tennessee ???,theres water in Tennessee ?),people will die in large #'s,careless sex. Most of this stuff takes place now. So do you think we are in the End Times ????

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Where else is there to go from here for humanity?
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I wish people would stop calling it Revelations.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No question. Every thing has an end.
  • And Step
    edited August 2010
    Options
    oliverlang wrote: »
    I wish people would stop calling it Revelations.

Why? If people can conclusively show and prove how those events described correlate manifestly with the current events. Why would you have a problem with it.

Some people can predict the future by study the past and the seeming cyclical nature of the human being. Multiply that by circumstances and you have prophecy or as business people say forecasting.

Many human beings have predicted outcomes that have manifested after they are long gone. Just because it is in a book that you don't subscribe to doesn't make it less valid.
  • oliverlang
    edited August 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Why? If people can conclusively show and prove how those events described correlate manifestly with the current events. Why would you have a problem with it.

Some people can predict the future by study the past and the seeming cyclical nature of the human being. Multiply that by circumstances and you have prophecy or as business people say forecasting.

Many human beings have predicted outcomes that have manifested after they are long gone. Just because it is in a book that you don't subscribe too doesn't make it less valid.

Alright Mr. Sensitive. It's not called the Book of Revelations...it's called the Book of Revelation. Relax there big fella.
  • freshb651
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Alright Mr. Sensitive. It's not called the Book of Revelations...it's called the Book of Revelation. Relax there big fella.

lol...........
  • freshb651
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Where else is there to go from here for humanity?

good point, eh we had a good run
  • oliverlang
    edited August 2010
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    summing up revelations it says in the end times men will be disloyal,lovers of wealth,lovers of self,children will disobey their parents(chippy d anyone),disease and famine will run rampant,earthquakes,floods(Tennessee ???,theres water in Tennessee ?),people will die in large #'s,careless sex. Most of this stuff takes place now. So do you think we are in the End Times ????

To answer your question, in my opinion, the end in nowhere near eminent, although it's bound to happen I'm sure...But, I don't see it happening based on those prophecies. Humans will end most likely because of something astronomical, aliens, or we blow ourselves to bits by nuclear warfare.

People have been claiming it's the end of the world since humans began to communicate I'm sure. Natural disasters, greed, ? , etc have always been here and always will be here. I used to have this website that listed all the failed doomsdays throughout history...it was a ridiculous amount. lol

I found a website that gives a pretty long list of failed prophecies...

http://www.abhota.info/end1.htm
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yes. Not as quickly as you think but yes. Does it have to do with what the bible or other books are saying No.

Right now our biggest threat is climate change. The Earth naturally has it's cycles of heating to extremes then freezing over. Right now for the last 100 years though we have thrown this cycle of balance so it could have the possibility to wipe out humans. Do I think it will, no because we are adapters and survivors and will find a way, alot of us will die, but not all. Same with Nuclear War or anything else, alot will die but not all. Everything does have an end at some point though so to say the word is not coming to an end is foolish. The world as you and I know it will come to an end during our lifetime though, believe that.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The Bible has said many things that will happen. A possible "one world currency" that right now I hear in Europe is being spoken about. Someone I know that lives out that way was telling me they're pretty much getting ready to drop a one world currency. Now I'm not into politics, economics and all but I believe it. Not only because of that but because I've heard about it on tv. CNN spoke about it. We've had past presidents who spoke on it and even spoke on a new world order, which the Bible also speaks about.

So I don't see how the Bible, which has proof of these things happening, is not a thing to believe.

That list of "failed prophecies" is funny. It's the people who expect and interpret and we aren't supposed to do that. The Bible says that NO ONE KNOWS THE DAY OR HOUR that this will all happen. No angels, no people. So they will constantly fail and when Dec 21, 2012 comes, that will also fail.

So these people can keep 'guessing' and coming with their 'thoughts, opinions' and just keep being wrong. It has nothing to do with figuring out numbers, stars etc. ? only knows and it's gonna be down to who's around. Will we be? Who knows.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited August 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    The Bible has said many things that will happen. A possible "one world currency" that right now I hear in Europe is being spoken about. Someone I know that lives out that way was telling me they're pretty much getting ready to drop a one world currency. Now I'm not into politics, economics and all but I believe it. Not only because of that but because I've heard about it on tv. CNN spoke about it. We've had past presidents who spoke on it and even spoke on a new world order, which the Bible also speaks about.

So I don't see how the Bible, which has proof of these things happening, is not a thing to believe.

That list of "failed prophecies" is funny. It's the people who expect and interpret and we aren't supposed to do that. The Bible says that NO ONE KNOWS THE DAY OR HOUR that this will all happen. No angels, no people. So they will constantly fail and when Dec 21, 2012 comes, that will also fail.

So these people can keep 'guessing' and coming with their 'thoughts, opinions' and just keep being wrong. It has nothing to do with figuring out numbers, stars etc. ? only knows and it's gonna be down to who's around. Will we be? Who knows.

Because other religious books, tribes of people, and psychics have predicted the same things. It just like other texts and people, It isn't rocket science to figure out at some point and time the world will have one ruling system, possibly NATO, and a one world currency. Also around the time some of this scripture was being written the persians were a main force not long ago and they basically implemented a one world currency because people did not know of other worlds beyond the seas horizon. And I do agree that no one will ever know the time. All these events about ? ending, it's all hype to sell products. Look how much money the 2012 phenomena and the 2000 ? has made people.
  • oliverlang
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Edgar Cayce and Nostradamus have had accurate (and inaccurate) prophecies...so have others. Many times people make the current environment fit the prophecies forcefully because many of them are up to interpretation...and it's not that the prophecies have come true.
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The white man's world is definitely coming to an end and will be over before the end of this century.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The white man's world is definitely coming to an end and will be over before the end of this century.

Are you racist?
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

And im sure you over heard this conversation in heaven

"? WHITEY!!!!!! IM GOING TO ? THEM ALL"
  • musicology1985
    edited August 2010
    Options
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    And im sure you over heard this conversation in heaven

"? WHITEY!!!!!! IM GOING TO ? THEM ALL"

This post makes absolutely no sense. This has nothing to do with heaven but instead science, forecasting, over consumption, capitalism, feminism, warfare, karma and global shifts.
  • TX_Made713
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This post makes absolutely no sense. This has nothing to do with heaven but instead science, forecasting, over consumption, capitalism, feminism, warfare, karma and global shifts.

It was a joke

and yes the white race is dying out. They might be the minority by as early as 2050. So whats your point? Im sure this will be a day of celebration for you
  • musicology1985
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It was a joke

and yes the white race is dying out. They might be the minority by as early as 2050. So whats your point? Im sure this will be a day of celebration for you

Look TX, the topic of this debate is THE WORLD COMING TO AN END, so I commented on that. That's my point. And no it won't be A DAY of celebration, but a continual process of improvement because there is much in house work for us to do.
  • TX_Made713
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Look TX, the topic of this debate is THE WORLD COMING TO AN END, so I commented on that. That's my point. And no it won't be A DAY of celebration, but a continual process of improvement because there is much in house work for us to do.

lol so white people disappearing is an improvement to man kind?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol so white people disappearing is an improvement to man kind?

The white man's "world", their system, their ideologies, their reign...is coming to an end, is what I think he was getting at.
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    I'm currently reading a book on the French revolution, in the perspective of Josephine Bonaparte (Napoleon's wife)

And all that stuff you state was happening back then as well.

werd ? was probably already happenin back in yeshuaz time with them romans, jews, greeks, barbarians, egyptians etc...

ppl always thougt they lived in endtimes but now with the internet and all them "smart" ppl tryna sell theories or books ? goes overboard
  • And Step
    edited August 2010
    Options

Sensitive? Eff you! Besides, only my wife get's to call me big fella.
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    All things come to an end. Even the earth.

Still, the "end" would require a large amount of time from begining to end. So we'll definately see it coming.
  • musicology1985
    edited August 2010
    Options
    @geechee slim

All things come to an end. Even the earth.

Oh really? Scientists say that it will be a billion more years before the sun burns out and the earth dies. Do you agree with that or not? If you do? Waiting on it is pointless because there is much left to accomplish.

Still, the "end" would require a large amount of time from begining to end. So we'll definately see it coming.

We are already seeing the end of the "world." That "world" is what this thread is about sir.
  • musicology1985
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    The end of the world as predicted by revelations has been occurring for centuries.

People have always been promiscuous and devious. Look at Hamlet, MacBeth etc.

Disease has always plagued the earth, even more so before i.e. the plague, Polio, small pox.

Weather has always been unpredictable

People have always been dishonest.

Earthquakes have always happened

wars always existed.

None of this is new or signifies the earth ending any time soon.

Ice, none of what you posted has anything to do with what I said.

1. The end of the world is coming soon (that is what this thread is about and that is my position based on multiple factors.)

2. The end of the Earth is not coming soon (although this is my position, THAT IS NOT WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT. WORLD AND EARTH ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS AND THAT IS WHAT I WAS BREAKING DOWN TO GEECHEE)