Is Tyler Perry the ONLY AUTHENTIC SUCCESSFUL Black Director in Hollywood???

Options
Bossmancuddy83
Bossmancuddy83 Members Posts: 867 ✭✭
edited August 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Spike was never as successful as Perry is now-nor John Singleton- Antoine Fuqua could have been but dropped two duds after Training Day- what do yall think it is about Perrys movies that bring out all of Black America?? as opposed to Boyz in the Hood or Belly?? or some ? like that??

Comments

• Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Perry has a niche market and he's milking it. He carters to the female demographic and in turn those ladies (imply, coerce, or force, ) their men to bring them to these movies.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    All directors have duds. But Spike Lee is the only one that has overall universal respect. Alot of people dont respect Perry's hustle.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lmao @ this....
  • Bossmancuddy83
    edited August 2010
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    All directors have duds. But Spike Lee is the only one that has overall universal respect. Alot of people dont respect Perry's hustle.

I dont know about that?????? LOLOLOLOL
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    Fundz O' Plenty Members Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Perry has a niche market and he's milking it. He carters to the female demographic and in turn those ladies (imply, coerce, or force, ) their men to bring them to these movies.

Yep-yep.......
  • Bossmancuddy83
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Even ? Glen Beck likes Tyler Perry Movies- has Tyler Perry crossed over like Bill Cosby- and more than Chris Rock???????- Chris Rock is excepted by the mainstream about 85 percent- but - ? - white people love Tyler Perry!!!!!!
  • STOP.IT.5
    STOP.IT.5 Members Posts: 250
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm not a fan of his movies or sitcoms. They all seem similar and his novelty will wear off eventually. I think Boondocks described him perfectly. I support & respect Spike Lee and put him in the top spot.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    How old r u lil ngga, u never heard of F Gary Gray, the Hughes brothers...

Theres plenty more, and the real show of success is when u can branch off: Spike does non-race related movies now, F Gary gray the same...u know your successful when a movie comes out and u dont even know it has a black director (The Italian Job, The Negotiator, Law Abiding Citizen)

Tyler 'here comes the ngga movie' Perry has 1 lane, he can do that for only so long.
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Tp actually shows black in a different light.. Other than the gun, drugs and hoes... That aint black life
  • Bossmancuddy83
    edited August 2010
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    How old r u lil ngga, u never heard of F Gary Gray, the Hughes brothers...

Theres plenty more, and the real show of success is when u can branch off: Spike does non-race related movies now, F Gary gray the same...u know your successful when a movie comes out and u dont even know it has a black director (The Italian Job, The Negotiator, Law Abiding Citizen)

Tyler 'here comes the ngga movie' Perry has 1 lane, he can do that for only so long.

I stopped following the Hughes brothers after Tupac beat them up- and as for F. Gary Gray- he did slip my mind- i didnt know he did Law Abiding Citizen
  • QB - 6th Edition
    QB - 6th Edition Banned Users Posts: 1,207
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yo werd to me spike lee hating on that ? , cuz his paper aint that long
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Even ? Glen Beck likes Tyler Perry Movies- has Tyler Perry crossed over like Bill Cosby- and more than Chris Rock???????- Chris Rock is excepted by the mainstream about 85 percent- but - ? - white people love Tyler Perry!!!!!!

smh this is a set-up...u cant be this dumb.

They love Tyler Perry like they'd LOVE for u RIGHT NOW to perform a soft shoe to liven up their afternoon
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ice Cube

Forrest Whittaker
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

They love tyler perry like they'd love for u right now to perform a soft shoe to liven up their afternoon

naw, they actually do watch dudes movies.. Seen it for myself
  • Bossmancuddy83
    edited August 2010
    Options

They love Tyler Perry like they'd LOVE for u RIGHT NOW to perform a soft shoe to liven up their afternoon
    The white people from star trek asked him to do a cameo!!!!!
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Spike was never as successful as Perry is now-nor John Singleton- Antoine Fuqua could have been but dropped two duds after Training Day- what do yall think it is about Perrys movies that bring out all of Black America?? as opposed to Boyz in the Hood or Belly?? or some ? like that??

Son what are you talking about Spikes been successful since the early 90's. Until TP can make a movie that is not his norm I will not let another women drag me to one of his movies.

By the way 25th HR>>>>>>>>>Anything Tyler Perry has made.
  • Dupac
    edited August 2010
    Options
    believe it or not the wayan brothers grossed a lotta money on the directing tip, and their silly comedies are on the exact same par as tylers ? ass movies.....
  • Bossmancuddy83
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ice Cube

Forrest Whittaker
    I think ICE CUBE is more of a producer than a director- Forest Whittaker- i dont know of anything he directed besides dat wackass Ghetto Samurai or some ? like dat- and dat ? was ass!!!!!
  • Bossmancuddy83
    edited August 2010
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    Son what are you talking about Spikes been successful since the early 90's. Until TP can make a movie that is not his norm I will not let another women drag me to one of his movies.

By the way 25th HR>>>>>>>>>Anything Tyler Perry has made.

Look at Spike Lees box office numbers- they were all duds except for He got Game and Inside man!!!-0 just kickin the facts brudda
  • thetruth391
    thetruth391 Members Posts: 2,367 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    tyler perry is a ? and only shows the ignorance of blacks in his movies
  • Bossmancuddy83
    edited August 2010
    Options
    tyler perry is a ? and only shows the ignorance of blacks in his movies

he does show successful blacks as well - i havent seen any stereotypes in his movies - can you elaborate??
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Look at Spike Lees box office numbers- they were all duds except for He got Game and Inside man!!!-0 just kickin the facts brudda

I'm honestly going to google this. And if it's true that's a damn shame.
  • Dupac
    edited August 2010
    Options
    google the wayans...

the wayans>>>>tyler perry
  • Bossmancuddy83
    edited August 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    google the wayans...

the wayans>>>>tyler perry

i was goin to come at him wit dat same quote - but i didnt -its true the wayans family has set black america back 40 years with all there coonery- them and bob johnson are the two biggest and richest ? of the 20th and 21st century
  • STOP.IT.5
    STOP.IT.5 Members Posts: 250
    edited August 2010
    Options
    he does show successful blacks as well - i havent seen any stereotypes in his movies - can you elaborate??

That ? Madea character with the sassy ghetto attitude, busting guns, going to jail and other nonsense...but likes to throw Jesus in the mix. Big Mommas House didn't even possess this coonery