Vibe and Texas welcome to the Church of Chozenology.

Options
ThaChozenWun
ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
edited August 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Naw but for real, this is the things I was talking about in the other thread that y'all have kept over from the Church or in TX case from the church or bible.

TX_MADE
TX_Made713 wrote: »
laff If there is a ? , I would love to see the day you meet him. That would be an interesting conversation

1. You think there still will be a period of interrogation. This is used by religion as a way to scare people. Do you really think that a all powerful creator would care if you didn't believe in him, care so much that when you die he takes your soul and sits you in time out to explain what you have done? I mean your belief in a ? is how it should be, but to say you will be judged implies two things brought forth by religion.

You're being judged by this higher power sort of like a courtroom, will the jury find you guilty of laughing at me or not. And secondly it would imply from your statement that you will still be sent to a place of torment, ie hell.

I'm not going to quote it but your posts on how the Earth can't be any closer or further from the sun. That is strictly taught amongst religious creationists. Those who argue that a creator may have started it all but aren't religious will even tell you that it is false and that the distance we could move is a large distance.

I cant get post history to go back past 2 weeks ago so I can't find a good bit of them but those are a few things I can remember. As i think of more I'll post em.

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Vibe

Firstly
    I want to start with your hell. Lets say it is real, the hell that I have seen you speak about is not what is mentioned in the bible. In fact, the hell in the bible is only a resting place until judgment day, and the rest of time hell is mentioned it is not the evil opposite of heaven, but rather an actual pit on Earth.
    http://www.christiancourier.com/articles/406-the-use-of-hell-in-the-new-testament

This is a primarily Christian website, but the writer of this article is a follower of the bible and not the church so he describes it in terms you can relate to.

Second one is a bit iffy. I'm not sure whether it was you or DoU but I think you said in regards to alien life that it is not mentioned in the bible so it is false. Which is not true, that is a Christian teaching that the bible holds the answer to everything. Truth is the bible tells you to trust the words of not only the bible, but other men as well meaning things not in the bible.

Third is that you think every man is cursed from Adams actions, it does not say original sin anywhere in the bible that is also a church teaching.

Jesus says that kids are without sin
    the bible says ? created man good and upright, without sin
    the bible says that man is only held accountable for his sins and his sins alone
    It also states we must go against our nature to sin

There is a website which is very long that goes into I think 100 verses from the bible countering the claim that we inherited sin from Adams actions. If you like I can find it and post a link to it but it is extremely long.
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Naw but for real, this is the things I was talking about in the other thread that y'all have kept over from the Church or in TX case from the church or bible.

TX_MADE

1. You think there still will be a period of interrogation. This is used by religion as a way to scare people. Do you really think that a all powerful creator would care if you didn't believe in him, care so much that when you die he takes your soul and sits you in time out to explain what you have done? I mean your belief in a ? is how it should be, but to say you will be judged implies two things brought forth by religion.

You're being judged by this higher power sort of like a courtroom, will the jury fight you guilty of laughing at me or not. And secondly it would imply from your statement that you will still be sent to a place of torment, ie hell.

I'm not going to quote it but your posts on how the Earth can't be any closer or further from the sun. That is strictly taught amongst religious creationists. Those who argue that a creator may have started it all but aren't religious will even tell you that it is false and that the distance we could move is a large distance.

I cant get post history to go back past 2 weeks ago so I can't find a good bit of them but those are a few things I can remember. As i think of more I'll post em.

do i believe in a day of atonement? i dont know. i dont know whats going to happen when i die much less tomorrow. I dont know if the bible is truly the word of ? or if its just something created by satan to throw people off..i dont even know if there is a satan.

but what im sure of is there is a ? . i told my story on what sold me.

believe what you wish but until you see something super natural, you wont understand where me and vibe are coming from

im telling you there are forces out there that we cannont explain...that completely defy logic.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah give me the link. I don't remember talking about hell on here but okay.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Yeah give me the link. I don't remember talking about hell on here but okay.

http://www.gospeltruth.net/OS100bibleverses.htm
  • VIBE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Your first link, about hell, is what I agree with. When I was a Christian I believe in literal burning now as in biblical senses I don't and believe that hell is just a separation from ? and the "burning" is that yearning to be with ? . At the same time you cannot be seen by ? . I'm posting and reading off my iPhone so if I read it wrong let me know.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Your first link, about hell, is what I agree with. When I was a Christian I believe in literal burning now as in biblical senses I don't and believe that hell is just a separation from ? and the "burning" is that yearning to be with ? . At the same time you cannot be seen by ? . I'm posting and reading off my iPhone so if I read it wrong let me know.

Word? My bad then, maybe you changed your view on it but I swear I seen you post something about Hell being the place of physical torment and eternal torment, but like you said back when you was Christian so it may have been while you were still Christian not long ago.
  • VIBE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    2nd link, from what I have read so far I agree with. You're correct I used to think that we were born as sinners because of the phrase, "born into sin". But born into sin doesn't mean you're a sinner but means that we are born into an environment of sin, sin is there for us to later "learn". That link is really good and what's taught in the church isn't biblical but mainly Calvinism. Funny they say we need to follow Gods word but they follow John Calvins teachings. Anyway I agree with that link, thanks for those links.
  • VIBE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Word? My bad then, maybe you changed your view on it but I swear I seen you post something about Hell being the place of physical torment and eternal torment, but like you said back when you was Christian so it may have been while you were still Christian not long ago.

Probably was a while back because I think you might be right I did say it was in the way of the churches teachings. I'm totally different and still am weeding out false doctorine.