Bungie, Epic, and Valve are all developing games for PS3 now

Options
KINGOFDAARCADE
KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in IllGaming
Valve - Portal 2. They even went as far to say the PS3 will have the best version of the game, and exclusive features that 360 will NOT have.

Epic - Bulletstorm

Bungie - finishing up their kiddy Halo Reach game but signed with Activision to develop their next game for PS3 and 360

Seriously, what exclusive devs does MS have now?

Sony still has Naughty Dog (Uncharted), Guerrilla(Killzone), Polyphony(Gran Turismo), Sucker Punch(InFamous), Media Molecule LBP), Zipper(Socom), Santa Monica (? of War), Eat Sleep Play (Twisted Metal), and many others.

Comments

• EmandWeezy=Goats
    EmandWeezy=Goats Members Posts: 1,034
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    didnt know sony had that many...damn...cant wait for that socom 4 though..I actually like confrontation despite how many feel about it. Cant wait for twisted metal either.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    didnt know sony had that many...damn...cant wait for that socom 4 though..I actually like confrontation despite how many feel about it. Cant wait for twisted metal either.

There's even more, I just didn't want to list them all.

But a few more off my head:

Team Ico - Ico, Shadow of Colossus, Last Guardian
    Evolution - Motorstorm
    London Studios - Wipeout, Buzz, Getaway
    Japan Studios - Ape Escape
    Bend - Syphon Filter
    San Diego Studios - MLB The Show, NBA whatever its called
    Whoever it was that made Warhawk also, i think theyre called lightbox or some ?
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    *360 and ps3 user post*
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    your cool..

his cool what?
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol @ you actually thinking this akes a difference at this point
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »

ofcourse it does you idiot

Give me one reason why it would not.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

Well, I mean it has to. The console wars thing might be stupid and played but it is what it is. The Microsoft fan boys jump for joy when a new Halo comes out and says it's better than any game on the PS3. The fact now that we have the developers now creating for the PS3, it's a laugh for us.

It's more money for the developers AND it's a smarter MOVE.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This is a very interesting point.

I dont really ? with many exclusives anyway. Apart from the GOAT game, GEARS. And maybe some HALO and L4D.

360 obviously got other ? in store to compete with them exclusives.

I'm only playing COD and FIFA atm anyway.

lmao. joke, right?
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I ain't even trying to sound like a stan, cause I play both PS3 and 360, but I had to point this out....

Sony owns every last dev team you named, minus Sucker Punch and Eat Sleep Play. M$ doesn't own Valve, Bungie, or Epic.....I'm just saying.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I ain't even trying to sound like a stan, cause I play both PS3 and 360, but I had to point this out....

Sony owns every last dev team you named, minus Sucker Punch and Eat Sleep Play. M$ doesn't own Valve, Bungie, or Epic.....I'm just saying.

...and who's fault is that?

MS couldve easily owned those companies, and IIRC at one point did own Bungie but they went seperate ways due to "creative differences" or some ? like that.

My point is, there's no reason a huge company like MS shouldnt own some decent 1st party studios.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    maybe if they spent less money on exclusively timed releases they could buy some.
  • stoneface
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ofcourse it does you idiot

Give me one reason why it would not.

The franchises from two of those studios that, when coupled with Xbox Live, are capable of literally "selling" 360s on their own are still exclusives to 360. Plus, Valve and Epic never were actually exclusive studios under MS, This wont be the first time they dropped games/ports on PS3, and Im sure whatever Bungie is gonna put out will be dope but I doubt it will be a powerhouse "system selling" game like Halo, which is still exclusive. Im not really clear on what impact ur trying to say this will have aside from players of both consoles getting to enjoy some of same games from these studios. enlighten me, genius
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The franchises from two of those studios that, when coupled with Xbox Live, are capable of literally "selling" 360s on their own are still exclusives to 360. Plus, Valve and Epic never were actually exclusive studios under MS, This wont be the first time they dropped games/ports on PS3, and Im sure whatever Bungie is gonna put out will be dope but I doubt it will be a powerhouse "system selling" game like Halo, which is still exclusive. Im not really clear on what impact ur trying to say this will have aside from players of both consoles getting to enjoy some of same games from these studios. enlighten me, genius

The "impact" is that 3 of the best devs that made "exclusive" games for 360 are now also making games for PS3.

You're ? if you don't understand the impact there.
  • DaFifthElement
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lmao. joke, right?

Has to be....Uncharted 2 ? on Gears in every aspect.....Uncharted 2's camera angles and motion effects>>>all
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Has to be....Uncharted 2 ? on Gears in every aspect.....Uncharted 2's camera angles and motion effects>>>all

As much as I loved uncharted 2.....as a matter of fact....that ? was piff......but the multiplayer was less than
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited August 2010
    Options

agree

Uncharted 2 > Gears 1 and 2 put together
  • DaFifthElement
    edited August 2010
    Options
    As much as I loved uncharted 2.....as a matter of fact....that ? was piff......but the multiplayer was less than

Play that ? now with all the dlc theyve got on it...just got platinum on it the other day now im getting all the dlc trophies...
  • stoneface
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The "impact" is that 3 of the best devs that made "exclusive" games for 360 are now also making games for PS3.

You're ? if you don't understand the impact there.

smh...alright
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This could go both ways. Insomniac was creating games exclusively for the PS3 at one point right? Now, they are creating a game for the PS3 and 360.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This could go both ways. Insomniac was creating games exclusively for the PS3 at one point right? Now, they are creating a game for the PS3 and 360.

They just announced TWO new PS3 exclusives a couple days ago...
  • DaFifthElement
    edited August 2010
    Options
    They just announced TWO new PS3 exclusives a couple days ago...

what are they?
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

And those games still are exclusive to 360. The games they are making for PS3, are also coming to 360.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    And those games still are exclusive to 360. The games they are making for PS3, are also coming to 360.

LOL@this feeble minded bafoon.

You thinking in the past, holding onto games from 2006, I'm thinking in the future. Your bird brain isn't evolved like the rest of us.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LOL@this feeble minded bafoon.

You thinking in the past, holding onto games from 2006, I'm thinking in the future. Your bird brain isn't evolved like the rest of us.

Are Halo: Reach & Gears of War 3 coming to PS3?

Are Bulletstorm and Portal 2 multiplat?