Better lyricists, Prime Wu Tang or Prime 4 Horsemen?

Options
Mvpbrodie93
Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in The Face Off Forum
Whose better lyrically? The wu?

Or the 4 horseman(canibus, kurupt, ras kass, killah priest)

all in their primes

we all know wu is the better group but this question is just about technical skills

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    whose better lyrically? The wu?

all in their primes

we all know wu is the better group but this question is just about technical skills

wasnt he down with the wu
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited August 2010
    Options
    wasnt he down with the wu

He was with both, but more affiliated with the wu. Ill make him inelegible for the sake of this discussion
  • FunkyWindstarCaravan
    FunkyWindstarCaravan Members Posts: 80 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Whose better lyrically? The wu?

all in their primes

Well for the sake of your argument, you nulled Killah Priest cause he was down with Wu-Tang. I'll say Wu got stronger lyricists. Outta Canibus, Kurupt, and Ras, the only one I see seriously competing with any of the Wu lyricist (GZA, Deck, Rae, Ghost, and on the lo lo...Mef) is Canibus.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Killah Priest was a Wu affiliate not an actual member.

As for the thread Wu>>

Gza technically is the best member of the group but he lacks a consistent flow and presence on the mic.

Rza word play is dope but his flow is weak as ? , he really needs to use his old Rza rector style.

Method Man is the most complete member of the group, best flow in the group, voice, delivery, lyrics, he is the total package.

Raekwon metaphors, punchlines and flow be on point

Ghostface the best storyteller in the group and most consistent when it comes to the albums.

Inspectah Deck Similar to Method Man in terms of being the total package of an MC, but he just never blew.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thank you jamaica, why I though I was the only one who thinks ? the best out of all those ? ..

As for thread only gza can ? with rass kass and bis lyrically. And bis is better them both.
    jamacia wrote: »

As for the thread Wu>>

Gza technically is the best member of the group but he lacks a consistent flow and presence on the mic.

Rza word play is dope but his flow is weak as ? , he really needs to use his old Rza rector style.

Method Man is the most complete member of the group, best flow in the group, voice, delivery, lyrics, he is the total package.

Ghostface the best storyteller in the group and most consistent when it comes to the albums.

Inspectah Deck Similar to Method Man in terms of being the total package of an MC, but he just never blew.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

As for the thread Wu>>

damn damn good breakdown yo.
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    GZa is by far the best in the Wu, and I'll say that he is no better than Kurupt who is HRSMN worst member lyrically in their prime. IMO HRSMN ? all over Wu lyrically, Canibus already took on the whole Wu and was only mathced by Killah Priest who is in HRSMN. Canibus is arguably (I say the undisputed) greatest lyricist of all time. Ras in his prime >>>>>>>>>>all of Wu as does Killah Priest. HRSMN take this easy, they'd probably ether Wu tbh.
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    Yungin T. Jeezie Members Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Wu wins this easily, any group with Canibus in it is going to lose regardless
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

As for the thread Wu>>

Deck aint no complete MC or similiar to Mef. Dude could give you a decent 16 and that's about it. No personality, no presence, no stand-out voice etc. Dude had decent lyrics. Nothing about him stood out which is why he never blew up.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    4 Horsemen and it's not even close. GZA's the only heavyweight in Wu-tang, and he's worse than everyone in the HRSMN, Bis and Priest definitely, and Kurupt and Kass arguably.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thank you jamaica, why I though I was the only one who thinks ? the best out of all those ? ..

As for thread only gza can ? with rass kass and bis lyrically. And bis is better them both.

nah i think ? the best too son
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Wu Tang in their prime all day over any group. 4 Horsemen is dope but naaaaah. they aint seeing wu. Deck and ? in their prime can keep up with all of the horsemen members. Dont get me started on GZA. yall ? must of forgot RZA can rhyme too. Master Killa and U ? are waaaaaay underated they could take down Ras Kass and Kurupt. ODB's drunken master flow would give the horsemen problems. Ghostface and Rae tag team is nothing nice either. Dont get me wrong the horsemen are dope. Hell they got that mad scientist Bis with em but they cant ? with the wu. when those 9 ? combine they are unstoppable
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    why we acting like ? and inspektah deck didnt rip the whole death row camp on mind made up lol
  • Knomadd
    Knomadd Members Posts: 326
    edited August 2010
    Options
    for the sake of logic, Bis beat all of the Wu in a freestyle battle so... logically the 4 HRSMN is better... BUT i honestly think the Wu is better for reasons Jamacia stated; GZA can best all of em (cept maybe Killah Priest in which case i'd say it's a tie)
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    how many members did wu-tang have?
  • Knomadd
    edited August 2010
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    how many members did wu-tang have?

9 w/ ODB, 10 w/ ODB & counting Cappadonna (who's an unofficial member)
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ill say hrsmn because they are better line for line plus they have four members and wu has 9plus three which is cappadonna and killah priest and street life.plus canibus beats gza who is wutangs best lyricist.
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    why we acting like ? and inspektah deck didnt rip the whole death row camp on mind made up lol

because they didnt.listen to kurupt who is in the hrsmn and listen to pacs verse who came lyrical as an mf
  • MR.CJ
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Knomadd wrote: »
    9 w/ ODB, 10 w/ ODB & counting Cappadonna (who's an unofficial member)

wat about the affiliates?
  • Knomadd
    edited August 2010
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    wat about the affiliates?

we'd prolly have an easier tyme counting all the drunks in Ireland than figuring that out
  • MR.CJ
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Knomadd wrote: »
    we'd prolly have an easier tyme counting all the drunks in Ireland than figuring that out

them ? were deep.

"Wu-Tang ain't nothing to ? with."