Castle Crashers Coming To PSN This Month

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in IllGaming
At long last, the side-scrolling, beat-em-up title from developers The Behemoth is coming to PlayStation Network later this month. Castle Crashers, one of Xbox Live's best downloadable titles released in 2008, will finally be available for Sony fans on August 31, 2010.

"We've been working on Castle Crashers for the PSN for about a year and a half," Behemoth's Dan Paladin noted on the PlayStation Blog.

"In that time I've had the fortune of meeting everyone at tradeshows and lots of people will ask me, 'C'mon, what is taking so long?' I have to say that we've felt the same way — our whole team's goal is to make you all happy so we want to share it right now!!"

Pricing details were not announced. Two downloadable packs were released for the Xbox 360 version. Behemoth told IGN the game will cost "around" $15.

They also detailed new modes:

Brand new Volleyball mode
- Play co-op or vs your buddies
- Local or online play
- Play with up to 3 other friends in multiplayer volleyball.
- Add AI teammates or opponents for up to 4 on 4 matches
- Play as any character you have unlocked
- Variable stats based on character
- Use magic attacks to place 8 new magic status effects on the ball
- Cool new serving and spiking moves
- Play 1, 3 or 5 matches against your opponents
- Leaderboards to track the best in the land
- sceenshots and video

Team Arena
- Player Arena Matches will now allow you to choose teams! You can play 2 v 2, 1 v 3, etc.

2 new trophies: "You are Insane" and "Social Networker"
- "You are Insane". Gold trophy for completing Insane Mode.
- "Social Networker. Reach 20 hits in a single Volleyball rally.

Insane Store
- Insane mode is a super crazy difficulty setting that is unlocked when you have beaten the game. There will be a new store only available in Insane Mode with unannounced mystery items to help you on your Insane journey.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1114489p1.html

Comments