Why do Bad parents still expect respect from their children?

Options
oath
oath Members Posts: 39
edited August 2010 in The Social Lounge
Im not even a child Im 28.... My Dad said something to me and I snapped on his ass over the phone and he got mad..... But the catch is..... This ? aint never been there for me and now that I'm grown he expecting me to respect him... But I'm a man now and as a man I dont respect no dude that aint been a father to they child!!!!!! My point is.... How does this dude even expect me to respect him?

Comments

• deadprezreppinme
    deadprezreppinme Members Posts: 195
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I honestly dont know, parents are always trying to use mind tricks. My mom is always trying to make me feel guilty lol.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If you was black growin up you respected your parents no matter what. ? wasn't a maybe situation, either show respect or the whole neighborhood watched you get that ass whoopin.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What I find less than amusing are parents who treat their kids like a ? , totally disrespectful to them most of the time and then complain to others that their kids are no respecting pieces if ? .
  • swag_of_krypton
    swag_of_krypton Members Posts: 935
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Because they are not getting it from anywhere else...
  • Legend24
    Legend24 Members Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    "...Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy ? giveth thee...."

--Exodus 20:12

...our Parents owed us Life, and nothing more, once we exited yon ? they became worthy of our respect until the day each of us perish.

The title of mother or father is a privilege, it is earned. A dude who ? your mother to produce you is not your father if he has not been around your entire life... therefore, you do not have to "honour" or respect him.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    "...Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy ? giveth thee...."

...our Parents owed us Life, and nothing more, once we exited yon ? they became worthy of our respect until the day each of us perish.

Honor them in the sense of becoming even better or more upright than they had been.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    word

the most effort you see out of some fathers(and some mothers) was the 20 seconds they spent in bed together. Banging on the door talking about I know you in there acting quiet so I don't know you home lol

that's the problem nowadays, either the parents aren't there or they are passing down their problems to their kids. Either way don't sweat it, you can learn more from your father from not being there than he could have ever taught you
  • Yaka
    Yaka Members Posts: 306
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    word

the most effort you see out of some fathers(and some mothers) was the 20 seconds they spent in bed together. Banging on the door talking about I know you in there acting quiet so I don't know you home lol

that's the problem nowadays, either the parents aren't there or they are passing down their problems to their kids. Either way don't sweat it, you can learn more from your father from not being there than he could have ever taught you
    Thats real ? bro dont let it mess with you it should just motivate you not to do that with your own kids
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yaka wrote: »
    Thats real ? bro dont let it mess with you it should just motivate you not to do that with your own kids

exactly

I don't see how someone can turn their back on their own child. I mean, to watch your own baby turn into his or her own person, to hear his or her opinions and thoughts of somebody who didn't exist until YOU brought them into this world

smh
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    because they're bad parents. i wouldn't think that logic would be one of their strong points.
  • busayo
    busayo Members Posts: 857
    edited August 2010
    Options

including the parent who molests or neglects their child?