Which Superhero film will make the most money next year?

Options
JazznJazz
JazznJazz Members Posts: 152
edited August 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
I think it'll be a tight race between Green Lantern and Captain America. I'd imagine First Class would make about as much as X-men Origins and Thor will probably under-perform (looks terrible anyway).

As for me I choose Captain America.

Comments

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    They'll all suck IMO...

Batman 3 (most anticipated) >>>
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think the Green Latern will be the best movie out that list I'll go with that. For real anyone that saw that Comic Con Thor trailer can't take that movie seriously.
  • swag_of_krypton
    swag_of_krypton Members Posts: 935
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This is the order it will fall...money wise...
    1. Green Lantern
    2. Captain America
    3. Thor
    4. X-Men: First Class (This is last because of the ? up that Wolverine and X3 was.)

Quality wise:
    1. Green Lantern
    2. Thor
    3. Captain America
    4. X-Men: First Class (Last once again because, its produced by the same people who made X3, Wolverine, FF2)

Any questions?
  • IC's Patrick Bateman
    IC's Patrick Bateman Members Posts: 536
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i think whichever is the better movie/gets the best reviews. kids and comic fans will see those movies regardless it's the normal people that will make the difference.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This is the order it will fall...money wise...
    1. Green Lantern
    2. Captain America
    3. Thor
    4. X-Men: First Class (This is last because of the ? up that Wolverine and X3 was.)

Quality wise:
    1. Green Lantern
    2. Thor
    3. Captain America
    4. X-Men: First Class (Last once again because, its produced by the same people who made X3, Wolverine, FF2)

Any questions?
    Bryan Singers back on this one
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Cap America will do the best MAYBE Thor, the trailer was good but I dont know if they can make him a blockbuster like Iron Man he was always a B list hero too
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I don't think any of those movies will do that great at the box office when they come out. I think Captain America will probably make the most but not big, big numbers. Maybe X-Men will do alright? I know it's a prequel and all but I think with no Wolverine in the movie, I don't think anyone is going to be checking for that ? .
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'll probably check for them all, but none of them stand out just from looking at a glance. I'd say Captain America will make the most money though I could be wrong though.
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I don't think any of those movies will do that great at the box office when they come out. I think Captain America will probably make the most but not big, big numbers. Maybe X-Men will do alright? I know it's a prequel and all but I think with no Wolverine in the movie, I don't think anyone is going to be checking for that ? .

I'm pretty sure the studio knows that too, so don't be too surprised if they find some way to shoe-horn Wolverine in there somehow, even if it's just a cameo.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    when do batman 3 come out?
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the studio knows that too, so don't be too surprised if they find some way to shoe-horn Wolverine in there somehow, even if it's just a cameo.

Could be a possible. Though it wouldn't make sense to have Wolverine in the prequel. Since he wasn't at the very beginning of the X-Men in the comics. But like you said it is Hollywood, they can do whatever they need to make money. I also heard Cyclops and Jean Grey aren't going to be in First Class? That would be ? if they aren't. I mean they've been there from the very start of the X-Men. I heard there going to be starting on that new Wolverine movie soon too? If so, I hope it will be better than Origins. Even though I didn't think it was that bad, but it could of been better.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    when do batman 3 come out?

20th July 2012
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm riding wit Cap
  • rip.dilla
    edited August 2010
    Options
    20th July 2012

Wtf???........
  • rip.dilla
    edited August 2010
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »

... props to him for really making Superman look real ?
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited August 2010
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Wtf???........

Warner Bros. set the date ages ago

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=27748
  • rip.dilla
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ^^^ Oh well... I can wait LOL

I ain't seeing any other wack ass superhero...

Bruce Wayne >>>...
  • Bcotton5
    edited August 2010
    Options
    IDK I dont see that X Men movie doing good, how did Wolverine Origins do? I know it leaked crazy early

Thor actually looks good from that trailer, the Destroyer armor is in the movie
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    edited August 2010
    Options
    IDK I dont see that X Men movie doing good, how did Wolverine Origins do? I know it leaked crazy early

Thor actually looks good from that trailer, the Destroyer armor is in the movie

I think the Wolverine movie opened with $90 million it's opening weekend. I don't know how much it's made overall though?
  • swag_of_krypton
    swag_of_krypton Members Posts: 935
    edited August 2010
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »

All of the movies have FOX in common...they are the reasons those movies aren't viewable by the human eye.
    Bryan Singer huh...don't make me get started on the ? that was Superman Returns...
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Captain america than green lantern and they wont be making no batman numbers they'll do superman return numbers i say.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited August 2010
    Options
    On the new X-Men film: I'm wondering what the hell Fox did to convince Matthew Vaughn to direct First Class because I know he was originally penciled in to direct X-Men 3 but turned it down and he hates having studio interference which is something Fox and that ? chairman they've got are renowned for. First Class is the only superhero film I'm interested in purely because I wanna see what Matthew Vaughn does with it
  • Bcotton5
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The new Spiderman will blow them all out the water.

The next Batman will ? Spiderman numbers wise
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ya'll sleepin on Thor imho