What was your worst experience in the theater

Options
JazznJazz
JazznJazz Members Posts: 152
edited August 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Some guy near me texted throughout the entire run time of SALT which frustrated me to no end. I couldn't focus on the movie for more than a minute or two without glancing over at his cell phone light and getting angry.

Comments

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Whenever I'm in a ? theatre... front row
  • cj1186
    cj1186 Members Posts: 19
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Cant remeber the movie but 10 mins into it the fire alarm goes off...they had us standing outside the theater in the cold for 30-45 mins waitin for the FD...come to find out sum ? just pulled the alarm
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    crying baby

.........in a horror movie btw
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Whenever I gotta tell people to be quiet more than once, especially when I told these group of high school kids who came into the theater late and I had to tell them be quiet 3 times, then had to turn around and say "Y'all really came into the movies to start a conversation?!?!?! Take that ? outside".... The one's that wanted to watch the movie moved their seats way down below and the rest left.. ? up a good 20 mins of the movie for me.
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    u didnt say that ?
    u sat in ur seat like a ? n ?
  • estragos
    estragos Members Posts: 178
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ? in the theater.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i was watching saw and some dude was yelln ''aw naw you gone die!!!!!!!!! '' smh
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    FieldTripsToTheHood Members Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Went to see the midnight showing of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon while I was living in L.A. and about an hour into it I wound up fighting 2 dudes after they spilled a large soda in my girls purse and pretty much told me to ? off after saying something to them about it.

I walked outta there with a busted lip and 2 dudes knocked out on the stairs. I walked outta there like nothing was wrong before anyone really knew WTF happened. I had to listen to her run her mouth after that about her ? purse. She acted like it was no big thing I left 2 dudes sleeping in the theater.
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Max-b wrote: »
    i was watching saw and some dude was yelln ''aw naw you gone die!!!!!!!!! '' smh

lmao .
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Went to see the midnight showing of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon while I was living in L.A. and about an hour into it I wound up fighting 2 dudes after they spilled a large soda in my girls purse and pretty much told me to ? off after saying something to them about it.

I walked outta there with a busted lip and 2 dudes knocked out on the stairs. I walked outta there like nothing was wrong before anyone really knew WTF happened. I had to listen to her run her mouth after that about her ? purse. She acted like it was no big thing I left 2 dudes sleeping in the theater.

^^^LMAO at this whole post but the second half of it even got more amusing.

People who constantly text is annoying as hell too me.

People who have to get up 1,000 times

People talking during the movie excessively

I remember one time I was in a little hood theater and this girl started giving her boyfriend head right behind me. I'm trying to watch the damn movie and hearing all these slurping noises plus I was trying to turn around and look because I could believe the ? . It was an overall loss for me that night.
  • Cake4real
    Cake4real Members Posts: 815
    edited August 2010
    Options
    While the movie was playing some people were saying the lines. That was annoying I'm glad they stopped half way through the movie.
  • Cake4real
    Cake4real Members Posts: 815
    edited August 2010
    Options

I remember one time I was in a little hood theater and this girl started giving her boyfriend head right behind me. I'm trying to watch the damn movie and hearing all these slurping noises plus I was trying to turn around and look because I could believe the ? . It was an overall loss for me that night.

SMH at that hoe. Why you didn't move to a different seat?
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    estragos wrote: »
    ? in the theater.

man ghetto azzz ? & hefas to be exact. turn ur damn cell phone off!! i don't understand how folks feel it's a dire must to answer the phone, and then talk as if they're outside! see, this is why i go the movie theaters where white folsk go. damn that. lol
  • young fatal
    young fatal Members Posts: 540
    edited August 2010
    Options

lol ? , don't act like no ? never gave u head in the theater before.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I puked randomly during planet of the apes.
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    the worst experience i ever had was watching Antoine Fisher as a child right up there as the most boringness movie of all time
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Watching Bruno.

Please tell me you didnt watch it all the way through
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    infants to 6 yr olds crying or talking gibberish during the movie. Being around to a mentally challenged person.
  • Crude_
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Cake4real wrote: »
    SMH at that hoe. Why you didn't move to a different seat?

? most of the good seats were taken if I remember correct. I'm not sure this was the exact reason because this happened years ago but I think thats what it was.
  • Crude_
    edited August 2010
    Options

lol ? , don't act like no ? never gave u head in the theater before.

Yea, I have but at least it was a half empty theater when I was getting some head from my then girlfriend. Hell, it was halfway packed in there and didn't nobody say ? to them either I know some of those people on that row sitting close to them seen that ? .
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I watched it from beginning to end.

I left the theatre ? off.

Bruno couldnt have been badder than Antoine Fisher
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    When I saw The Passion, all these ? parents brought their LITTLE kids with them because.....its a movie about Jesus, right?

I mean like ages 2 to 8. When I saw where Mel was going with the scourging scene I felt so bad for these kids, man.....adults were gasping but the young'ns was SCREAMIN
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    MrJR wrote: »
    Bruno couldnt have been badder than Antoine Fisher

Whattttttttt? I turned it off after 10 minutes..I like Antoine Fisher tho
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    u didnt say that ?
    u sat in ur seat like a ? n ?

Whatever ? ..
  • los w
    los w Members Posts: 4
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Which is why I gotta get this at my crib....

A new way to “go out to the movies”

OAC-art1.jpg

MOST OF US tend to think movies and the outdoors are mutually incompatible — except for those old drive-in theaters, which were invented in the 1930s by a New Jersey man who draped a bed sheet on a tree, stuck a radio behind it and rigged up a projector.

Eighty years later, the sheet and radio have been replaced by a giant inflatable outdoor screen and all-in-one home theater console, stuffed into an ultra-compact suitcase. So now you can watch DVDs and play video games by the pool, on a rooftop, or while sunning at the beach. If you want to relive the old days, you can set up a screen in your driveway to watch Blu-ray movies from your Prius.

Open Air Cinema, a provider of outdoor home-theater equipment, has packages starting at $2,199. The screens (from 123 to 220-inches) are made of durable nylon and have bright matte-white projection surfaces. To assemble, you use the adjustable locking rings with twist-into-the-ground stakes. Each screen also comes with air blowers so you can stand back and watch it inflate in under a minute. It’s easier to set up than a pup tent, says the manufacturer, and vents zipper open to allow you to deflate it in seconds.

The consoles include an outdoor projector, DVD player, audio mixer and lightweight speakers.

Open Air Cinema also offers Pro and Elite CineBox editions, which are suitable for an audience of 250 people. That’s a lot of microwave popcorn.

— S. B.

More at http://www.mydvdinsider.com/2010/07/21/tech/