2Pacalypse or Untitled?

Options
Mumo X
Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
edited January 2011 in The Face Off Forum
Which is the better album? Both Records are the Most Political from arguably Two of the Greatest Emcees to have ever blessed the Mic

Comments

• Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    much respect for this thread, but imma go with 2pacalypse. Unintitled was ok with me.
    Brendas got a baby and trapped>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Mumo X
    edited August 2010
    Options
    much respect for this thread, but imma go with 2pacalypse. Unintitled was ok with me.
    Brendas got a baby and trapped>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Cosign bruh. IMO 2Pacalypse is the GOAT Political Album in Hiphop history....it had white america shook. But i commend Nas for droppin a Political record in the current climate of the game...
  • flushill401
    flushill401 Members Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Outside of Brenda's Got A Baby, Untitled>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • dj expanium
    dj expanium Confirm Email Posts: 3,581 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The album was and is still to raw for many people to handle. They are many songs on the album (Brenda's Got A Baby) which are still relevant to this day. Many rappers were inspired like Nas & Talib Kweli. Nas even stated, "Pac gave me chills. Before the controversy, his music was chilling people — songs like Soulja's Story' [from 1991's 2Pacalypse Now]" http://www.mtv.com/bands/h/hip_hop_week/2006/emcees/index15.jhtml

Even fmr Vice President Dan Quayle was shook stating, "There's no reason for a record like this to be released. It has no place in our society."

You could sense how much an impact that album made. Artists during that time fearless and furious.
    Mumo X wrote: »
    Which is the better album? Both Records are the Most Political from arguably Two of the Greatest Emcees to have ever blessed the Mic
    Epic but true still.....
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    2pacalypse easy

U Cant compare a young, hungry, angry 20 something (who got into it w./ cops) with an older, rich Nas who doesnt have a REAL revolutionary mind anyway

Not to take away from his effort, it was a good album,

but Pac's knowledge of struggle trumps Nas', this isnt Nas' natural lane, where as Pac had it in his blood.

Again, the ngga ACTUALLY shot it out w/ cops
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Tupac/Nasiru... then others
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Untitled was good but it was pretty tame compared to 2pacalypse. Pac was raw on that album and rightfully so since it was his debut album. 2pacalypse wins this battle.

Fear Of Black Planet >>>>>>>>>>> Both
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited August 2010
    Options
    2pacalypse

wat up family...kool sig fam im back but watch out we got ? azz snitchz around herr lol
  • dj expanium
    edited August 2010
    Options
    "Ya Boy is Back!!!!(<
    in my JayZ voice)
    gee757 wrote: »
    2pacalypse

wat up family...kool sig fam im back but watch out we got ? azz snitchz around herr lol
  • gee757
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ^ lol yesss...
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    2pacalypse still gos over ? heads, its Pac at his most political and rawest.

It's a old skool record, I'd add songs like Part time ? and Violent as some of the other dope songs on the record

This is the record which inspired rappers like Nas and so forth. Pac was on his black Panther ? ...
  • dj expanium
    edited August 2010
    Options

It's a old skool record, I'd add songs like Part time ? and Violent as some of the other dope songs on the record

This is the record which inspired rappers like Nas and so forth. Pac was on his black Panther ? ...
    True to that and I love If my Homies Call.
  • Mumo X
    edited August 2010
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    2pacalypse

Peace Family! Welcome back. Dont worry i got my 3rd eye open...we gotta make sure we takeout them Feminem Stans,? & House negroes in this forum
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

^^^^This......
  • Mumo X
    edited August 2010
    Options
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    Untitled was good but it was pretty tame compared to 2pacalypse. Pac was raw on that album and rightfully so since it was his debut album. 2pacalypse wins this battle.

Fear Of Black Planet >>>>>>>>>>> Both
    Fear Of a Black Planet is Classic but 'It Takes a Million to Hold us Back' & 'By all means Neccessary' are wayyy better
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Cosign bruh. IMO 2Pacalypse is the GOAT Political Album in Hiphop history....it had white america shook. But i commend Nas for droppin a Political record in the current climate of the game...

Didn't some kid ? a cop because he listened to 2pacalypse? I remember I heardthat
  • melanated khemist
    melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    both albums are EAsily top 10 GOAT, but imo 2pacalypse Now has the edge. Barely!
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Imagine Pac spitting these caliber of lyrics in his makaveli form...they HAD to murk him..
  • thesynthesis
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Didn't some kid ? a cop because he listened to 2pacalypse? I remember I heardthat

i think it was 2 kids and both were heavily in to pac's music, all they listened to was 2pacalyspe

so politicians wanted to ban the record

thats the power of Pac, that guy was venomous, if he had another 5 years on earth, it'd been on some next ? once he learned how powerful he was

tis was groundbreaking music for a solo rapper in 1991
  • thesynthesis
    edited August 2010
    Options
    its funny all the rappers who try to imitate pac, they dont imitate pacs Trapped style, they imitate his All Eyes On Me style...

that Trapped song is crazy, i forgot how raw this ? was,
  • dj expanium
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Fear Of a Black Planet is Classic but 'It Takes a Million to Hold us Back' & 'By all means Neccessary' are wayyy better
    P.E. went to new level on
    PublicEnemyItTakesaNationofMillionstoHoldUsBack.jpg
  • Yaka
    Yaka Members Posts: 306
    edited August 2010
    Options
    2Pacalypse He just came out hard and hungry on his first cd
  • Mumo X
    edited August 2010
    Options
    its funny all the rappers who try to imitate pac, they dont imitate pacs Trapped style, they imitate his All Eyes On Me style...

that Trapped song is crazy, i forgot how raw this ? was,

Brilliant Post. 'Brenda's gotta a Baby' gives me the chills everytime i listen to it while songs like 'Trapped','Words of Wisdom','Soulja Story' & 'Violent' show that Pac wuz more than jus an emcee/rapper. He had a military mind & embodied the struggle of a young Black male. Not even Music gods like Bob Marley,Marvin Gaye or Lennon had that warrior spirit in them. Pac followed the footsteps of the Great Peter Tosh...I honestly believe that If Pac had lived he would hav been bigger & more Influential than Farrakhan,Oprah,Obama or any other black person in the world
  • gee757
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Peace Family! Welcome back. Dont worry i got my 3rd eye open...we gotta make sure we takeout them Feminem Stans,? & House negroes in this forum

thanx fam...& i feel u 2 lol....
  • dj expanium
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yaka wrote: »
    2Pacalypse He just came out hard and hungry on his first cd
    A lot of artist lack that nowadays.