Yall say his name cant be "j" esus, because j's didnt translate from back then..

Options
DRO
DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
To now, or something of that nature..(the letter "j" wasnt created, or whateva b.s. Yall say)

so what about the other "j" words in the bible?

James, just, jerusalem, jacob, jews...etc... So what are the real meaning/sayings of these words?

Comments

• anthony7q
    anthony7q Members Posts: 782
    edited August 2010
    Options
    they probably just used the letters Y or I instead of J.

I believe that James, Jacob only appeared in revised editions of the Bible.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    James = Yhowshuwa = Yhovah-saves

Just = tsaddiyq = lawful, righteous

Jerusalem = Yruwshalaim

Jacob = Ya`aqob = supplanter

Jews = Yhuwdiy
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Really, who cares. People are doing a great disservice to ? if they think he is so arbitrary to quibble over silly ? like this. He's the most high being in the universe not a human, so these petty trifles are nothing to him.
  • anthony7q
    anthony7q Members Posts: 782
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The Etymology of the Word "Jew"

In his classic Facts are Facts, Jewish historian, researcher and scholar Benjamin Freedman writes:

Jesus is referred as a so-called "Jew" for the first time in the New Testament in the 18th century. Jesus is first referred to as a so-called "Jew" in the revised 18th century editions in the English language of the 14th century first translations of the New Testament into English. The history of the origin of the word "Jew" in the English language leaves no doubt that the 18th century "Jew" is the 18th century contracted and corrupted English word for the 4th century Latin "Iudaeus" found in St. Jerome's Vulgate Edition. Of that there is no longer doubt.

The available original manuscripts from the 4th century to the 18th century accurately trace the origin and give the complete history of the word "Jew" in the English language. In these manuscripts are to be found all the many earlier English equivalents extending through the 14 centuries from the 4th to the 18th century. From the Latin "Iudaeus" to the English "Jew" these English forms included successively: "Gyu," "Giu," "Iu," "Iuu," "Iuw," "Ieuu," "Ieuy," "Iwe," "Iow," "Iewe," "Ieue," "Iue," "Ive," "Iew," and then finally the 18th century, "Jew." The many earlier English equivalents for "Jews" through the 14 centuries are "Giwis," "Giws," "Gyues," "Gywes," "Giwes," "Geus," "Iuys," "Iows," "Iouis," "Iews," and then also finally in the 18th century, "Jews."
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    we didn't use this aplhabet at all, so however you translate it, ? is still wrong. Thats why people tend to learn hebrew & arabic. A lot of the 'holy'scrolls are loaded with poetry, poetry which is lost in the english versions. the English bible/tenach/koran are basically extremely edited and mistranslated scrolls.
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    what does the j have to do with anything

i thought it was all about the lifestyle
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Jesus had no J, that's why he was a carpenter.

And BiblicalAtheist pretty much summed most of it up.
  • Israelites
    Israelites Members Posts: 280
    edited August 2010
    Options
    that's what a lot of my hebrews say when it comes to the name of Jesus, they spit on the name that was given to be the highest name amongst the gentiles... gentiles/europeans don't speak hebrew, they call on Jesus when they become afflicted in their tongue.... & if we want to get techincal, there's was no Y nor an E in anicent hebrew...so where does all the Y's come from (esau, if we research we will see Esau also hates the name of Jesus & came up w/the Yashoua's & other Y sounding names)
    That's why it's alwasys best to study to show ourselves approved unto the Most High, can't go wrong if we just stick to the scripts...

whenever I use Jesus name, I'm speaking on the ? of Israel, the one who came out of the tribe of Judah, not cesar borgia aka white "jesus".... that's the other jesus that Paul warns us about.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    Oh ? heavenly father,

Why in hell did you make this ? so confusing!? My prayers may not have been answered because I've been praying to the wrong person! No J's no Jesus. No Y's no yashuoa.
    I get the feeling you don't want none of us in heaven.

? didn't make it confusing. People did. I sincerely believe ? does not give a ? about this debate. If you live the way you're supposed to and have the kinda faith you're supposed to, you'll be fine. SMH @ people who think that ? would be mad at people for unknowingly using wrong names even though the people that use those names are just and follow his wishes.
  • Israelites
    Israelites Members Posts: 280
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ? didn't make it confusing. People did. I sincerely believe ? does not give a ? about this debate. If you live the way you're supposed to and have the kinda faith you're supposed to, you'll be fine. SMH @ people who think that ? would be mad at people for unknowingly using wrong names even though the people that use those names are just and follow his wishes.

you right, also we can use the example of the gentile cornelius the Italian coming into the fold (he didn't speak hebrew) when he was praying to the Most High, he didn't know the true ? of Israel but yet the LORD still knew he was praying to HIM so in return he sent an Israelite to teach him about the Most High...
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I swear, Pupu is ? .

He's like 40 years old and he's still stupid.
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    check youtube, it's pretty much common knowledge nowadays that jesus is mexican (at least he is in his present form) and we all know how to pronounce his name in spanish
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    To now, or something of that nature..(the letter "j" wasnt created, or whateva b.s. Yall say)

so what about the other "j" words in the bible?

James, just, jerusalem, jacob, jews...etc... So what are the real meaning/sayings of these words?

Ya'cov (the real name of the brother of yeshua), Tsadok, Yerushalyim, Ya'cov, Yehudiim