Gamescom: Game of the Show Awards Nominees

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in IllGaming
Celebrating the best of Gamescom with our awards shortlist.

We've scoured the halls, sourced out the hot demos and played the biggest games and now we're ready to announce IGN's Best of Gamescom 2010 awards nominees.

It's been a tough task but a pleasurable one; this year's Gamescom has played host to one of its finest line-ups of games, with new reveals, first chances to see big new titles and a chance to get more intimate with the rest of 2010's line-up.

So here's our nominations, with the winner being announced later on this afternoon, so if you're lucky enough to be out in Cologne be sure to check out the main stage in hall eight at 3.30pm. And if not keep an eye on the site where we'll be publishing the results as they're announced.

Xbox 360
Portal 2
BioShock Infinite
Crysis 2
Dead Space 2
From Dust

PlayStation 3
LittleBigPlanet 2
Infamous 2
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Killzone 3
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

PC
Civilization V
Dragon Age 2
Portal 2
Star Wars: The Old Republic
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Wii
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Epic Mickey
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Kirby's Epic Yarn
GoldenEye

Handheld
Okami Den
? of War: Ghost of Sparta
Ghost Trick
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
Super Scribblenauts

http://games.ign.com/articles/111/1114761p1.html

Comments

• funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

Xbox 360
    Portal 2
    BioShock Infinite
    Crysis 2
    Dead Space 2
    From Dust

PlayStation 3
    LittleBigPlanet 2
    Infamous 2
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
    Killzone 3
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

No fanboy, but I have a question about this list and lists in general because it seems to happen quite often when naming console-specific game awards. Granted that the PS3 has 3 exclusives on the list, but as far as the other games, why are they listed under specific consoles when they're multi-plat. Every game under the 360 list is gonna be on PS3 except 'From Dust' and the NFS and ACB under PS3 will be on 360. Do they run better on the system that they're listed for? I guess I'm saying, how can a system's best game be multi-plat. Unless the differences are as drastic as Bayonetta for 360 compared to PS3...
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Always felt the console awards should be strictly exclusives. Like why would deadspace 2 be the best 360 game when u can also get it on ps3, dont make sense to me
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No fanboy, but I have a question about this list and lists in general because it seems to happen quite often when naming console-specific game awards. Granted that the PS3 has 3 exclusives on the list, but as far as the other games, why are they listed under specific consoles when they're multi-plat. Every game under the 360 list is gonna be on PS3 except 'From Dust' and the NFS and ACB under PS3 will be on 360. Do they run better on the system that they're listed for? I guess I'm saying, how can a system's best game be multi-plat. Unless the differences are as drastic as Bayonetta for 360 compared to PS3...

Look like we had the same idea at the same time
  • joshuaboy
    edited August 2010
    Options

From Dust is on all consoles
  • joshuaboy
    edited August 2010
    Options
    BioShock Infinite, Irrational Games' first person shooter that was announced a mere week ago, has won IGN's Gamescom Game of the Show Award.

Irrational's Ken Levine was on hand to pick up the award, the first that BioShock Infinite has received. "It's a surprise," Levine said, "We're a week old and we've got our first award so thank you."

"We've been working on this for two and a half years and kept it a total secret and that was really tough to do – some people couldn't even tell their significant others what we were working. To have it here to show and be able to see people's reactions to it is so exciting."

BioShock Infinite is set on Columbia, a floating city that hosts the game's blend of shooting, supernatural ideas and stunning art design. We first laid eyes on it in New York and were left wowed.

Other winners included Epic Mickey which took the gong for best Wii Game, LittleBigPlanet 2 which won the PlayStation 3 award and Civilization V which took home the PC gong. Okamiden was the handheld winner, while BioShock Infinite also scooped the Xbox 360 prize.

http://games.ign.com/articles/111/1114761p1.html
  • elmasduro
    elmasduro Members Posts: 319
    edited August 2010
    Options
    wack ass lists