"top selling movie" as a tag line is fraudulent

Options
elliott_argon
elliott_argon Members Posts: 286 ✭✭
edited August 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
i hate that avatar is advertised as the top selling movie of all time as a tag line to entice people to buy the dvd. cameron is the man because he made terminator, but, i hate when people say that he has the top two movie, titanic and avatar. this is simply untrue. movie tickets are up to almost $10 per. when my grammom was a kid, movie tickets were 10 cents. if you google 'top ten movies inflation', multiple links will guide you to the the truth.

Comments

• elliott_argon
    edited August 2010
    Options
    vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

topten.jpg
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I agree with you that inflation should be taken into account which is why "Star Wars" is the biggest trilogy ever cause based on tickets sold it blows any other trilogy out of the water. But let's not sugar coat the fact that "Avater" made 2.7 Billion Worldwide and "Titanic" Made 1.8 Billion so that 4.5 Billion made between the two. Sure with "Avatar" 3D did inflate it's sales but Give Cameron his props, he's one of the GOATS just off that accomplishment. But I agree, tickets now adays are so high compared to the past. It's amazing that when you taken inflation into account, not only is "Titanic" still above "Avatar" but it's just now only passing "Return of the Jedi" that puts into perspective how many tickets "Star Wars" Sold as well as "Gone With The Wind". But the fact remains, "Avatar" is the biggest movie of all time. I mean 2.7 Billion around the world, inflation or not that's just unreal. And there are about to release "The Speical Edition" at the end the month, this ish might be the 1st movie to make 3 Billion.
  • elliott_argon
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yes, but i think my point is that 2.7 billion is not 2.7 billion when you account for inflation.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    My point is, the ? made Titanic and Avatar, so he winnin'
  • elliott_argon
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yeah def is winnin...swimming in money, i just feel that the best selling movie of all time line needs to be fact checked
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    YOu're right but its good marketing. People are followers when it comes to a product and will usually watch a movie cuz they figure "Well everybody else watching the ? it must be good."
  • elliott_argon
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ahh yes, sheeple