Am i the only one sick of seeing the same actors in Tyler Perry and Ice Cube movies?

Options
usmarin3
usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
I'm like damn mfs, can yall stop recycling the same tired ass actors. If i see Terry Crews and Mike Epps in one more mf Cube movie i'm gonna lose my damn mind, and while we are at it, can we come up with some less predictable plots. I'm sick of seeing some bootlegged preacher, some goon terorizing the neighborhood, some broken woman whos husband aint ? , and it's all centered around a family reunion or a bbq etc.

Can we get a Matrix, Bourne Identity,etc type movie.If they can make District 9 for under 40 mil then there is no excuse why we can't. Maybe we need some better script writers and casting directors.

Comments

• lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    In before the move. Why the hell are you watching Tyler Perry and Ice Cube movies in the 1st place? You just saw Lotto Ticket didn't you?
  • QB - 6th Edition
    QB - 6th Edition Banned Users Posts: 1,207
    edited August 2010
    Options
    mike epps is that dude... he stay recycling jokes tho
  • usmarin3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    In before the move. Why the hell are you watching Tyler Perry and Ice Cube movies in the 1st place? You just saw Lotto Ticket didn't you?

I see the previews on tv, but i can tell you what all these movies are gonna be about without seeing them, they are so predictable.
  • Rocket Kidd
    Rocket Kidd Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    most Tyler Perry movies have the actors sign on for 2 of his movies.

Ice Cube...i'm guessin he's just comfortable wit them or he know they wont tell him No.
  • Ike_Turner
    Ike_Turner Confirm Email Posts: 173
    edited August 2010
    Options
    *doesn't watch tyler perry movies*

Ice Cube makes dope movies ? .
  • usmarin3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What are these dope movies Ice Cube makes?
  • QB - 6th Edition
    QB - 6th Edition Banned Users Posts: 1,207
    edited August 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    What are these dope movies Ice Cube makes?

friday 1 - classic
    all about the benjamins - ? hilarious

cant think of much more
  • usmarin3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    friday 1 - classic
    all about the benjamins - ? hilarious

cant think of much more

F Gary Gray directed Friday and that's his only decent movie, Cube produced it. His movies are cliche as ? , predictable commedies.
  • Ike_Turner
    Ike_Turner Confirm Email Posts: 173
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Friday After Next is funny as ? ? . Stop expecting some sort of plot twisting mindfuck movie. Its a series based on weed smoking.
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Anybody who watches a Tyler Perry movie is a perennial loss taker. And TP usually signs his actors to multi movie contracts. I think Cube does it 'cause he's used to working with them.
  • BabyEinstein
    BabyEinstein Members Posts: 22
    edited August 2010
    Options
    it's how black actors help each other. similar to how adam ? uses rob schnieder or that one bug-eyed man in everything. you get on, you put yo friends on, its the american way
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Craig and Day day stay funny
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    it's how black actors help each other. similar to how adam ? uses rob schnieder or that one bug-eyed man in everything. you get on, you put yo friends on, its the american way

Rob, Ben Stiller, Adam ? stay being in each others movies.
  • usmarin3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    Rob, Ben Stiller, Adam ? stay being in each others movies.

The jews stick together, that's the only damn way Rob Sneider would ever get into a movie, that mf aint funny. Adam and Ben are though.
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    thats how Judd Apatow is same dudes in everymovie the only dude that be funnyin his movies is Craig Robinson
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I'm like damn mfs, can yall stop recycling the same tired ass actors. If i see Terry Crews and Mike Epps in one more mf Cube movie i'm gonna lose my damn mind, and while we are at it, can we come up with some less predictable plots. I'm sick of seeing some bootlegged preacher, some goon terorizing the neighborhood, some broken woman whos husband aint ? , and it's all centered around a family reunion or a bbq etc.

Can we get a Matrix, Bourne Identity,etc type movie.If they can make District 9 for under 40 mil then there is no excuse why we can't. Maybe we need some better script writers and casting directors.

co-sgn. they need to make a movie about static shock.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    we need a black panther (marvel) film
    or a biopic about black wallstreet in OK
    or a biopic about the war between hati and france when they won there independence
    <<or biopic about joe louis
    I got ideas
  • Beast_Side
    Beast_Side Members Posts: 779
    edited August 2010
    Options
    thats how Judd Apatow is same dudes in everymovie the only dude that be funnyin his movies is Craig Robinson

Jonah Hill & Steve Carrell aint funny??

The only let black directors do a certain type of film.

They hate Spike so, Fuqua & Gary Grey are our only hope.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    or a biopic about the war between hati and france when they won there independence

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0785063/

Close enough? I remember before Don Cheadle was suppose to play the lead character but I don't know if he is anymore..
  • MR.CJ
    edited August 2010
    Options
    we need a black panther (marvel) film
    or a biopic about black wallstreet in ok
    <<or biopic about joe louis
    i got ideas

damn, son...
  • white people like me
    white people like me Members Posts: 171
    edited August 2010
    Options
    We need a movie thats for once not about race, stereotypes, the hood or anything.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    How about the same cats in Scorsese films? But it's a problem in black films? Come on son.
  • MR.CJ
    edited August 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    How about the same cats in Scorsese films? But it's a problem in black films? Come on son.

who?........
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I mean, do ? really think black people is going to see black movies that empower us? I know a lot of my ? do, and a select few women, but most people dont really care about ? , they just wanna laugh