Why Isn't This World News

Options
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in The Social Lounge
Japanese guy invents a machine that converts plastic back to oil.
The answer to all our problems......Yes OR No?

Comments

• Reina B
    Reina B Members Posts: 2,190 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Innovative....................Not the answer to all but an answer
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Definitely not the answer, our real issue isn't us running out of oil, if we did we have alternative sources. Our issue is the effect burning oil and other fossil fuels is having on our environment and atmosphere. When some learns to burn oil and gases completely clean and don't produce massive amounts of greenhouse gas then we have a breakthrough.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    wow he invented melting things

i bet this contraption uses more energy than it could produce

lauce
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited August 2010
    Options
    well we definately wouldn't have to worry about the cost of gas anymore. Burn some plastic and eureka........you have gas for your car.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    well we definately wouldn't have to worry about the cost of gas anymore. Burn some plastic and eureka........you have gas for your car.

And the human race has about 20 years left to burn that cheap gas.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited August 2010
    Options
    And the human race has about 20 years left to burn that cheap gas.

Explain. I thought that whole oil shortage was a hoax. Gasoline is a derivative of oil. Correct?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Explain. I thought that whole oil shortage was a hoax. Gasoline is a derivative of oil. Correct?

Oil shortage isn't what's bad. If we run out of oil thats a good thing....

The bad situation we are in with oil is it's usage destroying our atmosphere and causing global warming.

We keep using oil and fossil fuels the way we do now in 20 years the usage will be tripled, our Earth will be wreaking havoc on us at that point. Extreme heat, floods, droughts, hurricanes, severe winters, etc..
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oil shortage isn't what's bad. If we run out of oil thats a good thing....

The bad situation we are in with oil is it's usage destroying our atmosphere and causing global warming.

We keep using oil and fossil fuels the way we do now in 20 years the usage will be tripled, our Earth will be wreaking havoc on us at that point. Extreme heat, floods, droughts, hurricanes, severe winters, etc..

But thats IF we continue to use oil at the same rate we do now. We have time though very little to reduce our CO2 emmisions to prevent these catastrophic events from happening in our lifetime. On a sidenote; this guy does propose that his machine will reduce CO2 emmisions by 80%.
    No matter what we do however humanity is still screwed. The damage we have done to our atmosphere is permanent. The only thing we can do now is slow the process or global warming.

Wait a minute.......... Some where I read that Global Warming was all a "hoax" as well. Could you explain tht? Whats really going.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    But thats IF we continue to use oil at the same rate we do now. We have time though very little to reduce our CO2 emmisions to prevent these catastrophic events from happening in our lifetime. On a sidenote; this guy does propose that his machine will reduce CO2 emmisions by 80%.
    No matter what we do however humanity is still screwed. The damage we have done to our atmosphere is permanent. The only thing we can do now is slow the process or global warming.

Wait a minute.......... Some where I read that Global Warming was all a "hoax" as well. Could you explain tht? Whats really going.

Well, they claim it's a hoax brought on by the government to produce more money by some, which is ridiculous considering the government is bought out by Pharmaceutical and Oil companies so them trying to earn money by stopping oil is a ? assessment.

The other is that this is what the Earth does, which to a point is true. The Earth does have it's periods of heating and cooling, we however have taken this natural process and threw it off track. We don't know exactly how it will end up. But we do have evidence to support the theory that heat is becoming an issue, the atmosphere is weakening, and our weather is becoming more severe and more frequent than before.

As far as reversing the process it is still possible. If we stopped oil usage now we would still feel the effects grow for a few years, but they would peak and start a decline within 10-15 years, and about 100 years down the road the atmosphere and natural process of creating carbon dioxide will just about reestablish itself to normalcy.

If .... If his process does reduce C02 emissions though this could possibly be one of the biggest if not the biggest discovery ever. Our two biggest issues right now are CO2 emissions and plastic recycling. His proposal would almost eliminate CO2 emissions and be a great resource to get rid of plastic.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well, they claim it's a hoax brought on by the government to produce more money by some, which is ridiculous considering the government is bought out by Pharmaceutical and Oil companies so them trying to earn money by stopping oil is a ? assessment.

The other is that this is what the Earth does, which to a point is true. The Earth does have it's periods of heating and cooling, we however have taken this natural process and threw it off track. We don't know exactly how it will end up. But we do have evidence to support the theory that heat is becoming an issue, the atmosphere is weakening, and our weather is becoming more severe and more frequent than before.

As far as reversing the process it is still possible. If we stopped oil usage now we would still feel the effects grow for a few years, but they would peak and start a decline within 10-15 years, and about 100 years down the road the atmosphere and natural process of creating carbon dioxide will just about reestablish itself to normalcy.

If .... If his process does reduce C02 emissions though this could possibly be one of the biggest if not the biggest discovery ever. Our two biggest issues right now are CO2 emissions and plastic recycling. His proposal would almost eliminate CO2 emissions and be a great resource to get rid of plastic.

Okay I got you

But this still leads back to my original question.
    Lets consider his machine lives up to his claims, why isnt this on any major new broadcast. Considering the fact that CO2 emissions and plastic recycling are the biggest issues of our time, if someone proposes an idea to combat it, shouldn't it be BIG NEWS?
    Do you see any flaws with his idea? Someone questioned earlier the amount of energy the machine might have to use to make these conversions.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Okay I got you

Lets consider his machine lives up to his claims, why isnt this on any major new broadcast. Considering the fact that CO2 emissions and plastic recycling are the biggest issues of our time, if someone proposes an idea to combat it, shouldn't it be BIG NEWS?
    Do you see any flaws with his idea? Someone questioned earlier the amount of energy the machine might have to use to make these conversions.

Because no one is going to invest in it. Oil companies control alot of ? , they're not going to invest in this to get it started to have their companies possibly face a deficit because this way of creating and supplying oil would be a lot cheaper. It's the same exact reason why governments aren't allowing wind farms to be built on unused acres. Why there is no funding available for solar power or hydro power.

As for flaws, no. But I would have to actually see it work and have test ran on it to determine how much Carbon Dioxide its releasing in its oil and see how much plastic it does recycle in it's process before I make a solid conclusion.
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Okay I got you

Even though you would hate to admit it, you already know what it is......The white man and surrogates don't want to see the "change."

Ooooooohhhhhhhh.......
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Even though you would hate to admit it, you already know what it is......The white man and surrogates don't want to see the "change."

Ooooooohhhhhhhh.......

I know you would hate to hear this..... but I know a fairly good bit of white people who are down for the cause when it comes to changing our energy sources.
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I know you would hate to hear this..... but I know a fairly good bit of white people who are down for the cause when it comes to changing our energy sources.

No I don't hate to hear that because it's the truth. Nevertheless, the white elite ain't having it b.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Money makes the world go round as they say. What a shame that a select fews greed is preventing such innovative ideas. I can honestly now see no major changes within 20yrs. And if what you say is correct then were screwed.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No I don't hate to hear that because it's the truth. Nevertheless, the white elite ain't having it b.

Well there's a difference between white people and the elite. And you said white people.... just sayin.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Money makes the world go round as they say. What a shame that a select fews greed is preventing such innovative ideas. I can honestly now see no major changes within 20yrs. And if what you say is correct then were screwed.

Oh change is coming. The world might lose a good bit of people, but change is coming.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh change is coming. The world might lose a good bit of people, but change is coming.

it doesnt sound like a good one either.
  • uaintknow
    uaintknow Members Posts: 93
    edited August 2010
    Options
    wow he invented melting things

i bet this contraption uses more energy than it could produce

lauce

Haha true:) See, that's the problem even with production of oil, i mean it takes a lotta oil just to get some more...

And btw, yes it's hard to believe in Global Warming but when you go to work in the morning and see all these CARS everywhere u can't halp but think that this deffinitely has an effect on our planet. I mean this is just your city but there are thousands of other big cities with more emissions.
    It might not just be the air being polluted but also water (don't need to give you an example after the catasrophe which occured in the Gulf of mexico.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If what the guy is saying is correct, his innovation can reduce 80% CO2 emissions