Why growing Islamophobia is a major threat to African-Americans.

Options
Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
A [black] man walks through the crowd at the Ground Zero protest and is mistaken as a Muslim.

The crowd turns on him and confronts him. The man in the blue hard hat calls him a coward and tries to fight him. The tall man who I think was one of the organizers tried to get between the two men. Later I caught up with the man who's name is Kenny. He is a Union carpenter who works at Ground Zero. We discussed what a scary moment that was for him. I told him that I hoped it did not ruin his day.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/8/22/895420/-Anti-Park51ers-threaten-black-man-in-hat-for-looking-Muslim

Considering how many Black Muslims there are in America, it was only a matter of time before these racist muhfuckas made the "Black = Muslim" connection and acted accordingly. I'm sure if I ran a search on Free Republic or RedState right now, I could find posters saying that "growing Islamization" is one of the biggest problems with Black America.

Now imagine what it'll be like if Al Qaeda pulls off 9/11 pt. 2 and one of the perpetrators is African. A black man walkin thru a crowd like that could ? around and catch a old school smile-for-the-postcard lynchin' in the aftermath........hell, they could order our black ? into "Freedom Camps" in the aftermath.....

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    even though none of the hijackers was black....the only dark skinned one was pulled over before he got there(sounds funny when you think about it)
    seems like white people will think any non white is muslim in a few years watch. whites find any reason to hate blacks then turn around an say im not rasict (as long as you dont do anything)
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well the brother didn't have a foward facing baseball cap, cowboy hat, or hardhat on so he did stand out. But the way they were jumping to conclusions doesn't suprise. Who the hells the skinny white guy with him though? Does this ? have a white translator for him?

Lol @ The white Italian dude around 2:08 askin if news crews got that and because he's defending the black guy and someone yells out "That ? voted for Obama" New York stay losin.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    A day in the life.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    weak-minded individuals
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    hell, they could order our black ? into "Freedom Camps" in the aftermath.....

If this ever happens, all I got to say is, welcome to WW3.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    well, YOU PEOPLE decided your racist cults would borrow the name "Islam"
  • Shyheim
    Shyheim Members Posts: 580
    edited August 2010
    Options
    well, YOU PEOPLE decided your racist cults would borrow the name "Islam"

...Wow, blaming the Victim while negating your own wrongdoing(s).

That's so American of you...
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Shyheim wrote: »
    ...Wow, blaming the Victim while negating your own wrongdoing(s).

That's so American of you...

the victim?

you mean the 3000 victims at ground zero who were killed by zealous proponents of ISLAM?

because yall IMMEDIATELY blamed them for their own deaths by saying Muslims would NEVER do such a thing unless the US intervened in the Middle East

real talk, y'all could have had your hilarious racist UFO cults without stealing another trouble-prone religion's name
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2010
    Options
    the victim?

you mean the 3000 victims at ground zero who were killed by zealous proponents of ISLAM?

because yall IMMEDIATELY blamed them for their own deaths by saying Muslims would NEVER do such a thing unless the US intervened in the Middle East

real talk, y'all could have had your hilarious racist UFO cults without stealing another trouble-prone religion's name

damn...just damn. sometimes you have such good point, but right now you sound so damn stupid and closed minded to a religion and race of people.
    how many people was killed in the name of christianity
    lets all say the crusades
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2010
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    WTF? you so-called moderate Muslims? ALWAYS bring this up i.e., you ignore what your own are doing currently and bring up what other religions have done in the past. The biggest threat to freedom and America is the radical element within the Muslim faith and you continue to be the appeaser to these facts.

first off im baptist, and i dont care to prove it to you. second the biggest threat to america is racist white people using the christian bible as a weapon. forcing the beliefs on people who dont want your religion. third , how come everytime you can say white did something in the past they try to look past the ? they did and want to live in the present.

If america is the home of the free then these muslims have the right to freedom of religion. I do believe your white ancestors wrote that in the constitution. or is it only for your people.

and why percecute just muslims anyway....why because someone told you that the people that flew a plane into the twin towers was muslim... so we have no domestic terrorists that are christian.

i will wait for your response playshit
    and feel free to add to fufulo or kyoto
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah the same constitution that will cause the downfall/destruction of this country....is that the document your speaking about? When you appeaser types learn how to comprehend what's actually being said,maybe just maybe you'll understand the point. Radical Muslims within the ranks of the Muslim faith is the issue.

ok...so shall we get rid of the radical christians and radical jews? why does it seem like everyone else thats so called radical can stay but lets get the radical muslims out. and why does radical muslim equal black. most muslims or moslems overseas are not black but of middle eastern decent and alot of them are hiding amongst your people.

so please tell me what im am not comprehending in the document your people wrote since i dont speak white
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It's only a matter of time with the simmering of racial conflict anew since the primary season.. The pundits have been whipping up fearmongering. using non subtle codes.... As Unamerican, You've heard some invoke names of dictators. From the minute men .. to the teaparty they are one in the same.. A sleeper cell so to speak.. they havent had any reason to wake up.. But they have this fear of the "boogie man". We all know these same people sat on their ass and voted for Bush two times..didn say anything during the time that economy started taking a turn for the worse.. not as much as they are now.. Its a mish mash.. of cultural insensitivity.. down right ignorance.. and fear.. These are very interesting times that we are living in... very hope it doesnt get worse.. But it doesnt take much for this to explode... Instead of whipping people up.. they need to be calming people down.. This Faux controversy along with a string of others unrelated to the Mosque.. seems like a prelude to even more ? .

These are types of people that have this archaic.. backwood belief that there is a Muslim ? , apart from the same ? they may or may not believe in themselves. There has to be a meaningful aggressive dialogue on this. People need to be held accountable for yelling "Fire".. People need to get off "Tolerance" and come to the open arms of acceptance. You tolerate things you cant do anything about but hold a resentment upon.. thats not the way to navigate

IN ? WE TRUST.... is not in (christian ? .. or Catholic ? ) its.. just ? ..
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    do people in large muslim nations have an irrational fear of Christians?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The failed underwear bomber was Muslim the Fort Hood killer of American soldiers was Muslim, I could go on and on and on about what the radical element within the Muslim faith has done.Now to the constitution,yes the moderates use that peace of paper to hide behind and they refuse to address the issue within their own ranks.The radical element within ANY religion should be addressed yet you consistently avoid those factors within the Muslim faith.....your hypocrisy is SO transparent.

my hypocrisy? wow
    how do i use whatever you said to avoid factors in the muslim faith.....where did i say that? i said muslims dont equal black and i said everyone has radicals and we need to rid this country of them all if we are going to attack radicals. i also said lets not just conecentrate on muslim. what dont u understand about that and how does that make me a hypocrite. it doesnt.

yes we can say foot hood killer i say JDL or jewish defense league
    you say underwear bomber i say KKK or ku klux ?
    you say they are all muslim i say domestic terrorismare mostly white people
    so should we rid this country of all whites....or do we even acknowledge that they was white and hide behind the bible
    guess what....
    americans are brainwashed into thinking that the muslims are far worse than the other domestic terrorists.
    like i said....how about getting rid of them all
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2010
    Options
    pralims

Listen-up I'm not gonna argue with you about the threat to this country & who the perpetrators are.....this country is going down and many of you appeasers are happy & if anyone objects to the demise of this country you foolish liberals or whatever the hell politician persuasion you are will play the race card and make excuses for it & claim that all white people are haters because they don't agree with your ideologies or politics.

You are appeasing the loons.. i mean.. your brothers by sitting so far in the woods you cant see the damn sky... the race card you and the people of your ilk are throwing on the table is the Joker.. cuz you cant really be serious with the babbling idiocy you are displaying.. and your exhibition of Plausible deniablity of being in support of such rhetoric is mind blowing.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    first off im baptist, and i dont care to prove it to you. second the biggest threat to america is racist white people using the christian bible as a weapon. forcing the beliefs on people who dont want your religion.

What white group in America is doing this? This is ? and you know it. Any racist group in America is a fringe element that isn't taken seriously. There are no Christian terrorist groups in America. The only one people can seem to point to is Timothy McVeigh, but what church was he blowing up ? in the name of and what church supported him? Besides McVeigh's beef was with the government. The Muslim sympathizers quasi traitorous loons have go to an act American breed terrorism that happened 15 years ago, where as if we were to do a google search we can find an act of Islamic breed terrorism that happened overnight. One of the most horrific incidents occurring a few weeks ago when aid workers and missionaries were slaughtered by the Taliban because they were supposedly proselytizing. Where was the Islamic community in condemning this act of terrorism and intolerance? How come the people who want to build this "monument to jihad," didn't come an issue of statement of resounding condemnation of this heinous act?

It isn't on us in America to show these people love, respect, acceptance, and tolerance. Rather it's on the supposedly "peaceaful," Muslims of America and the world that they overwhelming desire to live in tranquility and wish to peacefully coexist with the rest of the world. Until then, ? 'em.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2010
    Options
    pralims

Listen-up I'm not gonna argue with you about the threat to this country & who the perpetrators are.....this country is going down and many of you appeasers are happy & if anyone objects to the demise of this country you foolish liberals or whatever the hell politician persuasion you are will play the race card and make excuses for it & claim that all white people are haters because they don't agree with your ideologies or politics.

is the bolded not true. if they see a very dark or black person do white people get scared?
    if white people see you with dreads or a hat turned back or you not a thug?
    so a few people flew planes into a building a killed a few thousand people.....does that mean those 15 or so people are same as the millions of other muslims and speak and feel the same as all those muslims.
    yes, this country is going down, but why?
    white people are blaming obama for ? bush did.
    it's white people that are saying they want thier country back...last time i checked white people are still ruling european countries....or are they speaking about the land between canada and mexico they stole.
    how many black militant group you know of.... the so called" militant" black panthers. why was they militant... because they didnt fall in line to white people
    yet all these militant white group have the freedom to flourish...

heyslick playshit....i think you should stop now....you are looking bad
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Not suprising considering these same bigots swear up and down that Obama is Muslim as well.
  • white people like me
    white people like me Members Posts: 171
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It's crucial for American Muslims to continue assimilating into western culture as their population numbers grow. Muslims aren't persecuted and vilified in America to the extent they are in Europe because we don't have that large a population and they're pretty successful and cause no troubles here. If they don't remain liberal and peaceful, it's gonna create the right wing backlash that we're seeing in Europe. You cannot give into the demands of the extreme portion of the Muslim community. We cannot allow burqas, niqab, or Sharia courts in the U.S. like they have in many countries of Europe. It only creates more hostility and our liberalism/tolerance can only go so far in regards to Islam . Personally, I don't think the Ground Zero Mosque pushes that line at all. However if Muslims don't assimilate into American culture,this in turn is going to affect everyone who "looks" Muslim, including blacks, who may give off the supposed appearance of a Muslim. This is a pivotal time for Muslims in America.
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It's crucial for American Muslims to continue assimilating into western culture as their population numbers grow. Muslims aren't persecuted and vilified in America to the extent they are in Europe because we don't have that large a population and they're pretty successful and cause no troubles here. If they don't remain liberal and peaceful, it's gonna create the right wing backlash that we're seeing in Europe. You cannot give into the demands of the extreme portion of the Muslim community. We cannot allow burqas, niqab, or Sharia courts in the U.S. like they have in many countries of Europe. It only creates more hostility and our liberalism/tolerance can only go so far in regards to Islam . Personally, I don't think the Ground Zero Mosque pushes that line at all. However if Muslims don't assimilate into American culture,this in turn is going to affect everyone who "looks" Muslim, including blacks, who may give off the supposed appearance of a Muslim. This is a pivotal time for Muslims in America.

By assimilate what do you mean ...are they suppose to be fearful and become "AMERICAN"..After all you may not believe it.. But their are Muslims of every race and their are alot of US born muslims..(...casm.. end)every group has their own enclaves within the United states.. no one speak of their Assimilation.. Muslims in America are every bit as peacful and liberal in Americas as everyone else. The extreme portion of muslims are in the minority but .. just the word Muslim brings an irrational fear to people.
  • IC's Patrick Bateman
    IC's Patrick Bateman Members Posts: 536
    edited August 2010
    Options
    idk what world ya'll are in but i would call 'major' threats to black people stuff like Heart Disease, Cancer, AIDS, gun crime, ect.. this seems to be more like a very minor to borderline paranoid threat.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hopefully the next attack will be perpetrated by a white muslim and then all the brainless racist white people will end up killing themselves in the ensuing confusion.
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hopefully the next attack will be perpetrated by a white muslim and then all the brainless racist white people will end up killing themselves in the ensuing confusion.

Lmao.. true story..

But.. but lil johny was a eagle scout.. well liked.. .. he must have fallin in with the wrong crowd.. this is not the Johnny i know..
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lmao.. true story..

But.. but lil johny was a eagle scout.. well liked.. .. he must have fallin in with the wrong crowd.. this is not the Johnny i know..

yeah, lil johnny was hanging with those gangsta rapper type guys and sleeping with black women...but we thought it was a phase
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2010
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    yeah, lil johnny was hanging with those gangsta rapper type guys and sleeping with black women...but we thought it was a phase

Heeeeres Johnny!
    John_Walker_Lindh.jpg