What is the most racist city in America?

Options
BobOblah
BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
or what are the top 5? cities or states.

Comments

• white people like me
    white people like me Members Posts: 171
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I would assume states like Texas and Arizona would be the most racist. States with high minority populations tend to bring out more racism than those with lows. Texas governor has said ? like Texas should secede and then you had the Arizona law...so yeah...They win. As far as cities, I have no clue. I haven't been to enough places or experienced any real racism.
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Arizona or pretty much any Deep South city.
  • anthony7q
    anthony7q Members Posts: 782
    edited August 2010
    Options
    they're all racists.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    silly question.. because.. it really doesnt matter where... wherever it happens to anyone thats a victim of any discrimination.. is the most racist to them.. its subjective.. i guess some places have a higher probability.. but again it doesnt matter you can be in the most "liberal"city and have a fate much like someone in a typically "racist" place
  • white people like me
    white people like me Members Posts: 171
    edited August 2010
    Options
    silly question.. because.. it really doesnt matter where... wherever it happens to anyone thats a victim of any discrimination.. is the most racist to them.. its subjective.. i guess some places have a higher probability.. but again it doesnt matter you can be in the most "liberal"city and have a fate much like someone in a typically "racist" place

True, Athens, Ohio is deemed one of the most liberal. hippie cities in America. Yet, I was called a ****** at the grocery store by a family dressed in confederate flag gear...
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yall might want to add boston
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    silly question.. because.. it really doesnt matter where... wherever it happens to anyone thats a victim of any discrimination.. is the most racist to them.. its subjective..

I hear ya, but still, there are places where you are way more likely to encounter racism than others.
    i guess some places have a higher probability.. but again it doesnt matter you can be in the most "liberal"city and have a fate much like someone in a typically "racist" place

True, so far I'm hearing deep south is the worst, but you'd be surprised by the covert racism you can find in the northeast. idk if it compares to the south, I haven't been down there much.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Anywhere in the united states
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2010
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    I hear ya, but still, there are places where you are way more likely to encounter racism than others.

True, so far I'm hearing deep south is the worst, but you'd be surprised by the covert racism you can find in the northeast. idk if it compares to the south, I haven't been down there much.

Yah thats all im saying.. Up North its "Tolerance" Down South its.. hate in its purest forms.. true generalizations
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It's difficult to measure this kind of thing scientifically. Not sure what the most racist city in America is, but I hear that Eastern Europe is insanely more racist than America.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    the south isnt a racist you guys think. Went to Alabama last yr and the yr before last and was blown away by the amount of honspitality there. Michigan and Virginia are the most racist states to me. I ? hate Virginia but plan on moving there after college for job oppurtunities
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    plenty of Detroit-niggz get chased out of Dearborn, since my parents were kids they say...I remember at least two tales from the 80's of Black family's house getting burned down who moved out there...
    it is pretty true that Dearborn was created to be segregated as hell
  • rantanamo
    rantanamo Members Posts: 79 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • keez.
    keez. Members Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Dizzle all yall
  • eonimod
    eonimod Members Posts: 225
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Commanche Texas...? had a bill board up that said n*****s don't get caught here after dark...
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Jasper, TX.....
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2010
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    Jasper, TX.....

Word to Byrd....

R.I.P
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    at least in the deep south you know where you stand with certain people. In L.a. and other northern cities racist ? will try to be all up in your face like ? is sweet
  • xtraill
    xtraill Members Posts: 286 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    at least in the deep south you know where you stand with certain people. In L.a. and other northern cities racist ? will try to be all up in your face like ? is sweet

I agree...
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Boston, Chicago, Philly, New York City all gotta be on that list..................Back in the Day Boston was a bad as living in the SOuth
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    tri3w wrote: »
    Boston, Chicago, Philly, New York City all gotta be on that list..................Back in the Day Boston was a bad as living in the SOuth
    remember, internet users, when you're naming the most (adjective) (singular item), you shouldn't have an extended list. otherwise, what's the point?
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    in my 17 years of existence i've encountered maybe 4 acts of noticable racism towards me... been in montgomery all my life
    i hear mobile is pretty bad tho...