What was your first console?

Options
DaFifthElement
DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in IllGaming
Mine was the sega genesis. Grandma bought me it one christmas waaaaaaay back I don't remember what year exactly. She sent me Xmen and a couple of Sonic games. Damn I miss those days...what was ur first console?

200px-X-Men_sega.jpg

who had it?

Comments

• EmandWeezy=Goats
    EmandWeezy=Goats Members Posts: 1,034
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I believe a super nintendo or a N64.
  • DaFifthElement
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah, I had the Genesis. It's called a Megadrive out here though.

But my first console was the NES.

where u at?australia b?
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    FieldTripsToTheHood Members Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    atari...Pitfall>>Mario Bros.
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    My first console was the first Nintendo. I pretty much have every system from; Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Playstation, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox and Xbox 360. All the ones except for my 360 are just chilling in a box in my garage. I might have to bust some of those old systems out and get crackin on some of those old games.

Oh and that X-Men game was the ? !
  • the1nonlyruru
    the1nonlyruru Members Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    first console was the super nintendo. got super mario world and super mario kart. been a nintendo fanboy ever since
  • young fatal
    young fatal Members Posts: 540
    edited August 2010
    Options
    mine was the nes
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Atari 2600....Galaga>>>>>>
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well the first one in a home I lived in was Atari 2600, but the first that was actually mine's was the NES followed by the Genesis (best Christmas ever!)
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Super nintendo....Super Mario World and Street Fighter 2 were my first games
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Mine was the Intellivision. I had Donkey Kong and Carnival.

intellivision.jpg
  • Shyheim
    Shyheim Members Posts: 580
    edited August 2010
    Options
    NES.
    My first console was the first Nintendo. I pretty much have every system from; Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Playstation, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox and Xbox 360. All the ones except for my 360 are just chilling in a box in my garage. I might have to bust some of those old systems out and get crackin on some of those old games.

...For a while now, I've been hooking as many of my systems up at one time as I can/could, usually for the hell of it, as I usually only play like 4 systems at a time.
    wrote:
    Oh and that X-Men game was the ? !

...Yeah, it was. I first played it (And the ill Arcade game) when the '90s X-Men Animated Series was on T.V. and didn't like it that much. Since then, I've played it some more, and now see why people like it so much...
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Nes w/ mario bros 3
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    mine was the NES when it came out had the mario/duck hunt,gumshoe,and rad racer with 3d glasses.
  • DaFifthElement
    edited August 2010
    Options
    satyrone wrote: »
    mine was the NES when it came out had the mario/duck hunt,gumshoe,and rad racer with 3d glasses.

Ha! I was going to point out that. My sister had a NES but it was exactly that. HERS. I remember I used to have to sneak and play Duck Hunt at night with the tv muted...lmao...
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    NES with legend of zelda, mario, and rad racer with the 3d glasses. (damn they gotta bring THAT ? back.)
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    NES.....the very first one that came with the grey zapper (not orange) and the robot. Came with Duck Hunt and Gyromite. Super Mario 1, 2, 3, Metal Gear, Contra, Super C, RBI Baseball, Kung Fu, Double Dragon 2, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Castlevania were my favourites

4lobja.jpg
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    NES but the SNES couldn't come fast enough to replace that ? 80's relic, ? anything below the SNES now is just unplayable for me
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ha! I was going to point out that. My sister had a NES but it was exactly that. HERS. I remember I used to have to sneak and play Duck Hunt at night with the tv muted...lmao...

lol i that must've been hard cuz that zapper trigger was load as ? . i remember standing all the way close to the screen playin duck hunt.
  • renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited August 2010
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Mine was the Intellivision. I had Donkey Kong and Carnival.

intellivision.jpg

thought i was the only person who had this....this and an atari were my first consoles
  • Mr Popo
    Mr Popo Members Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Could anybody beat X-Men on Genesis without the controller swap cheat? I'm not talking about the 3 levels they had for Amateur difficulty.
  • ex-soldier
    ex-soldier Members Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Colecovision... came w/Donkey Kong and Zaxxon
  • ex-soldier
    ex-soldier Members Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Could anybody beat X-Men on Genesis without the controller swap cheat? I'm not talking about the 3 levels they had for Amateur difficulty.

Yo that game had me all ? up. Near the end it tells you to reset the computer to get rid of the virus. I'm like, "what computer?" So I'm stuck on this for about an hour, no where to save, no directions, just reset the computer. I get fed up with waiting for something to happen and decide to hit the reset button on the Genesis to start over. SMMH @ the ? Genesis being the damn computer.
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    NES with Ninja Gaiden, Super Mario 1, 2, 3, Blades Of Steel, WWF Wrestlemania, the games that hold 100 games in it.. man, I had tons
  • Hip-Hop One
    Hip-Hop One Members Posts: 703 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I remember buying the SNES with my own money when I was a kid, but I always had a NES but I didn't buy it. It was always sort of there like since I was born or some ? . lol After that I also got a free Genesis from someone that came with Sonic 2 and that Spiderman game where you fight Carnage.

Good times.