Thought

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Is it current or a past action or yet to be done?

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It's a past event with implementation for the future.
  • VIBE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Okay.

Just wondering, it is very interesting to say the least. Not the word thought or it's definition, I just had to be sure but it's interesting about ? .

Came up as I thought, "how can ? be ALL knowing" as in does he know what I will do in the next year? IF I DON'T think it, like if I don't know what I'm doing next year on May 14th, 2011, does ? know?

No he doesn't and scripture supports this. ? knows everything that is current.

Anyway thanks.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ? knows everything Vibe. ? is not a man Vibe. ? inhabits eternity. He lives outside of time and space. thus He sees the end from the beginning. That's why the Bible is 75% prophetic. Many of the prophecies have been fulfilled. The book of revelation is all that is really left. How can ? only see the "current" but yet tell us about the last days nearly 2,000 years ago when the book of revelation was written? I'm not getting your logic.
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Okay.

Just wondering, it is very interesting to say the least. Not the word thought or it's definition, I just had to be sure but it's interesting about ? .

Came up as I thought, "how can ? be ALL knowing" as in does he know what I will do in the next year? IF I DON'T think it, like if I don't know what I'm doing next year on May 14th, 2011, does ? know?

No he doesn't and scripture supports this. ? knows everything that is current.

Anyway thanks.

u have to understand, this is a Being that Dwells outside the Fabric Of Time.............Past, Present, Future dont mean anything to him
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited August 2010
    Options
    tri3w wrote: »
    u have to understand, this is a Being that Dwells outside the Fabric Of Time.............Past, Present, Future dont mean anything to him

Exactly. Nothing suprises ? . That's why He will be able to judge mankind truthfully on the last day. Every secret thought, motive, desire, and action will be brought to light on that dreadful day for the wicked. Those who thought that they could fool ? will be the ones with egg on there faces on that day. ? have mercy
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Recollection is past, action is present, thought is future.
  • VIBE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ? knows everything Vibe. ? is not a man Vibe. ? inhabits eternity. He lives outside of time and space. thus He sees the end from the beginning. That's why the Bible is 75% prophetic. Many of the prophecies have been fulfilled. The book of revelation is all that is really left. How can ? only see the "current" but yet tell us about the last days nearly 2,000 years ago when the book of revelation was written? I'm not getting your logic.

Well the Bible states He knows His creation, correct?

So, it other words, He knows His creations beginning and end. He created it, so He must know it. Like if I created a sand castle at the beach, I know I just created it, how many shells are in it, how many ? I put inside, how many rocks surround it, how many cups of water I put in as a moat etc. Now I determine before I leave, I will destroy it, so I know the end times for this castle.

That's the thing, ? only knows His creation from the beginning, and the end. He set the beginning and he set the end.

He doesn't know what I am to do next year, like I said on May 14th, 2011, what will I be doing? I don't know, so neither can ? . ? knows our THOUGHTS, so while we're thinking something, He knows it. If I think on May 15th, 2011, I'm going to go to Disneyland and be there all day, ? now knows that.

? knows current things. He knows my thoughts, He knows my heart, He knows how many steps I've taken, He knows when I get up, He knows when I lay down.

He sees all, I cannot hide. If I hide in the darkest pit, He knows because He saw me. He knows my secrets that I hold in my mind.

But He doesn't know what will be the outcome of my life, He doesn't know my date of death.

Lets look at Gen 22:12

Genesis 22:12

And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest ? , seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only [son] from me.

That, bolded and italicized, is CURRENT. He NOW KNOWS, meaning He didn't before.

Also...

Genesis 6:5-7
    5. And ? saw that the wickedness of man [was] great in the earth, and [that] every imagination of the thoughts of his heart [was] only evil continually.
    6. And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
    7. And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

? felt sorrow and grieved, why do so when you already knew the outcome? That outcome should be far from a surprise if He already knows.

See, He, ? , only knows things that are current or that He has already predestined (Jesus to be sent/die for sins and end of times)

But that doesn't take away from ? whatsoever. His image painted was by us, He paints His own image but we took it out of context. The Bible has always been clear on everything but we've taken it the wrong way.

? will always be the ? of GLORY, HOLINESS, LOVE, POWER, GRACE etc. Always, He just doesn't know my or your outcomes.

Maybe you'll use this to say ? knows our outcome

Job 14:5
    5 Man's days are determined;
    you have decreed the number of his months
    and have set limits he cannot exceed.

My days are determined, by death. We all will die, this is not foreknowledge. This also states (obviously lol) that our months are decreed and we have limits we cannot exceed. Our months are by His law, the limits we cannot exceed are His number of years we shall live. So for example, just making this up, if ? wanted us to all live 20 years, none of us could exceed that. So the months/years are set by ? for our lives, we cannot exceed a certain amount of months/years set by ? 's "age limit".

Anyway, I've been reading into this the past 2 days. I've kept trying to find somewhere where he had foreknowledge and all in all I cannot find it. Everything that seems so it's a situation where He has already predestined something to happen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So if ? doesn't know what I will be doing next year, if I get to see next year, how can I believe Jeremiah 29:11?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think Vibe, you might enjoy reading the book Mere Christianity.

http://www.full-proof.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Mere-Christianity-Lewis-chapters.pdf

I don't agree with everything in the book, though Lewis does a nice job of explaining his understanding of some of the things you've been asking.
  • VIBE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So if ? doesn't know what I will be doing next year, if I get to see next year, how can I believe Jeremiah 29:11?

It's a predetermination.
  • VIBE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think Vibe, you might enjoy reading the book Mere Christianity.

http://www.full-proof.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Mere-Christianity-Lewis-chapters.pdf

I don't agree with everything in the book, though Lewis does a nice job of explaining his understanding of some of the things you've been asking.

I'll look into it when I have more time, thanks. What's the gist of it about?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'll look into it when I have more time, thanks. What's the gist of it about?

Concepts misunderstood about some of the things in the bible, some of what it means to be a "christian". Click the link and read some of the chapter titles, it's not to long of a book. Use it maybe as a stepping stone to further your understanding.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It's a predetermination.

You using that word contradicts your whole argument brother. How can it be predetermined, if ? only sees the "current"?

This is really troubling. Placing limits on the power of the Al-mighty is terrifying. How can we as creatures tell the Lord of heaven an earth that He has limits? It's perpostrous to say the least. I'm not going to tell ? what He can and can't do. In my mind ? can do anything and everything. He is ? for crying out loud!
  • VIBE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Dude, it's clearly stated what He wants done and what will be done. What He is saying to them is the way He says so He's placing the order not them. This is His plan. Me stating what I have doesn't contradict ? having future plans He can set whatever He wishes to do.

This versed doesn't take from what I said.

What you're doing is taking ONE verse to try to fit your stand point. You cannot do that. The whole chapter has to be considered otherwise I can make the bibl say whatever.

I am doing nothing but studying and applying simple logic to what's said. It's easy to see what I've stated. Read it for yourself.
  • VIBE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You using that word contradicts your whole argument brother. How can it be predetermined, if ? only sees the "current"?

This is really troubling. Placing limits on the power of the Al-mighty is terrifying. How can we as creatures tell the Lord of heaven an earth that He has limits? It's perpostrous to say the least. I'm not going to tell ? what He can and can't do. In my mind ? can do anything and everything. He is ? for crying out loud!

Do we agree that ? sending His own Son to die on the cross to bear our sins was predetermined? Because there is scripture to support this. ? DOES predetermine certain events for His own will and reasoning. That has nothing to do with though, the "foreknowledge of our outcomes".

Jeremiah 29 was a letter he wrote from ? ! It's all about what ? is telling them to DO. Read Jer. 29 and see. Has nothing to do with the "foreknowing" of anything, because He's already planned this in this letter.

I'm not placing ANY limits on ? . If you truly truly think about it, it makes sense. Think bro, think about ALL of creation. Think about all what ? has said about His creation. Think about the way ? has worded His OWN words.
  • VIBE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Any conclusions DoU?

This either or belief has nothing to do with going to hell. Just wanted to talk about this.