Blacks vs. Obama

Options
Glock_Koma
Glock_Koma Members Posts: 35
edited August 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
True story...i was driving down PCH in NewPort beach and i saw a black dude with a stand and he was holding a sign that said "IMPEACH OBAMA"

the stand was for.....maybe to collect info on others who agree with him...

I was driving by and my dad was like "EVEN BLACKS TRYIN TO GET HIM OUT OF OFFICE"(in spanish)

personally i am a fan of obama but i never thought id see this day

Comments

• Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Glock_Koma wrote: »
    True story...i was driving down PCH in NewPort beach and i saw a black dude with a stand and he was holding a sign that said "IMPEACH OBAMA"

the stand was for.....maybe to collect info on others who agree with him...

I was driving by and my dad was like "EVEN BLACKS TRYIN TO GET HIM OUT OF OFFICE"(in spanish)

personally i am a fan of obama but i never thought id see this day

I don't care what color the president is, he's the president of Satan's empire.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    In no way is his opinion indicative of the overall sentiment in the Black population. Besides, it was Newport Beach after all. I mean come on.
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    [QUOTE=Chike;1169640]I don't care what color the president is, he's the president of Satan's empire.[/QUOTE]

C / s

America is the Daughter of Babylon!
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yea, I dont think anyone said that if you are black you have to adore everything he does. I dont think he has done anything to warrant impeachment yet, though. We got 2 more years so... dont hold ya breath.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Threadstarter has obviously never seen one of those coonservative blacks before
  • BethlehemBill
    BethlehemBill Members Posts: 140
    edited August 2010
    Options
    he's been a lousy president, but so far hasnt done anything to deserve being impeached
  • shtoopid
    shtoopid Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    america's full of
    people that never really liked him, and the hype just made it worse, so they just sat there waiting for him to ? up
    people that thought he was going to save the world, end the recession, and ? the evil health insurance companies all by 2009. anything less would be a dissapointment
    dumb ? liking him for no reason
    dumber ? thinking politics don't matter
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Its actually refreshing. The only sad part is I bet if you asked him why he hated Obama his reasons would be just as ignorant as the ones whites pull out their ? .
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Its actually refreshing. The only sad part is I bet if you asked him why he hated Obama his reasons would be just as ignorant as the ones whites pull out their ? .

Yeah. Black folk should be furious with Obama, but the ones who are mostly have wrong reasons. What am I saying, most Americans in general are mad at Obama for all the wrong reasons.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    Black folk should be furious with Obama

Obama's dramatic rise to the top will always endear him to alot of Blacks, no matter what happens. And if he gets assassinated, well, you know what the t-shirts and murals will look like...
  • Glock_Koma
    Glock_Koma Members Posts: 35
    edited August 2010
    Options
    shtoopid wrote: »
    america's full of
    people that never really liked him, and the hype just made it worse, so they just sat there waiting for him to ? up
    people that thought he was going to save the world, end the recession, and ? the evil health insurance companies all by 2009. anything less would be a dissapointment
    dumb ? liking him for no reason
    dumber ? thinking politics don't matter

yea i agree.. too much hype was brought upon this guy and people was expecting results right away
  • shootemwon
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So_What wrote: »
    Too many White folks in this country for Obama to succeed, even if he IS doing all the right things. Defending the constitution against bigotry, supporting equal rights for everyone, ensuring medical and financial security for everyone, withdrawing troops from Iraq, bailing out, his auto bailout saved American motor companies and thousands of jobs in the motor industry. Yeah, increased taxes suck ( and bank bailouts, also ), but it's for the greater good. Obama is only a "bad president" if you're elderly, White, Republican, bigoted, or brainwashed by Fox news. If Obama set tax cuts for everyone, America would still hate him. Blacks have to work twice as hard just to gain the same respect Whites do. This is a very racist country and it shows. ..Another thing some people don't ponder, or perhaps more than I thought.. he isn't particularly fond of White people, and you take into account there is a system implemented in this country that only favors the wealthy ( specifically the wealthy White ), and a large percentage of Blacks are living in ? conditions.. without health care, equal employment opportunities, etc. Fortunately, there are plenty of Government and Federal jobs, which almost anyone is guaranteed if applied for.. Black, White, Mexican, etc. Remember the Obama administration is ( or maybe already has successfully ) pushed for ? sentencing reform.. which favors Blacks, as a result of the disparity ( racist disparity, at that ) sentencing differential between possession of ? ? ( affecting predominately inner city Blacks ) and powder ? ( affecting wealthier Whites, primarily ).. He wants to close the gap, because racism and class warfare IS a part of America.. and he wants equality for his people, but I wont say all of his agendas are racially motivated.. afterall, he is still just another politician, at the end of the day....
    Thanks for the long, unorganized ramble, but it's pretty disingenuous to claim Obama is supporting equal rights for everyone and an all out lie to say he's ensuring medical and financial security for everyone.
  • shootemwon
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    Wait... I thought you guys adapted a new system of health care similar to ours recently?

Don't you guys have free medical in the US ?

I hope you're mocking us.

Hell no we don't. It's still run by big insurance companies for profit. There are a few changes in place, for example, people with pre-existing conditions (like someone who has a chronic or hereditary illness) can't be denied a coverage plan, but millions of people still can't afford the insurance, and even with a lot of the cheaper plans, they still make you pay an arm and a leg if you have serious medical needs.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    Yea, I dont think anyone said that if you are black you have to adore everything he does.
    i am willing to bet money that people have said this
    He is the worst President in U.S. History, for Blacks-
    what is the purpose of this hyperbole? he's clearly not worse for blacks than James Buchanan or Woodrow Wilson or any number of past presidents.
  • blatin35
    blatin35 Members Posts: 176
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Are you Black, now? If not, what are you using to come to this conclusion?

How are you determining this? Because I am going by how much he has hurt Blacks, since he's been in office. I am comparing that, to how I voted for him NOT as my fav candidate...

but as the candidate who appeared to have the lowest chance, of hurting Black America with this policies.

boy, was I colossally-wrong.
    How in the hell did he hurt black people?
  • janklow
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Are you Black, now? If not, what are you using to come to this conclusion? How are you determining this?
    perhaps a better question is "why are you answering a question with a question?"

James Buchanan, being the worst president of all time, was worse for blacks and whites and everyone else in one fell swoop.
  • CBR1000RR
    CBR1000RR Members Posts: 492
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i apologize. let's not act like it was completely innocent on your part.
  • janklow
    edited August 2010
    Options
    oh I just did it to show that you don't know what the fucc you're talking about...that's all;
    no, you did it to dodge the debate, which is generally your M.O.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    perhaps a better question is "why are you answering a question with a question?"

James Buchanan, being the worst president of all time, was worse for blacks and whites and everyone else in one fell swoop.

Canned answer. In all fairnes, they did Obama him when he got in office. Imagine holding office after the assasination and having to deal with civil war backlash.

Bush was the worst. or maybe Harrison. Any dude that runs under the banner of a party called Whig has to be wack.
  • janklow
    edited August 2010
    Options
    And don't forget either, this 'Blacks vs. Obama' subject is one I have spoke on plenty of times so I am the last person in here seeking to dodge the debate...if anything, I'm in here welcoming mufu's home, it's been lonely here ...so you better go somewhere and recognize what's real
    you're dodging my questions in this thread while saying you wouldn't dodge my comments in this thread? ridiculous
    And Step wrote: »
    Canned answer. In all fairnes, they did Obama him when he got in office. Imagine holding office after the assasination and having to deal with civil war backlash.
    well, it's a canned-sounding answer because he's the worst, so i always mention him. but are you even talking about James Buchanan? he predates Lincoln; you're thinking of Andrew Johnson.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm Black and I'm not crazy about him either. The war in Afghanistan has gone on for too long, he isn't presenting any new ideas on how to improve the economy, and he foolishly got involved with Arizona's law on illegal immigrants, even after they changed it to make sure racial profiling would not be an issue.

Obama is gonna be a one term president, but damn, even I didn't think he'd be doing this bad so soon.
  • janklow
    edited August 2010
    Options
    let me expose a liar, real quick, who thinks his question isn't being answered/thinks I'm competing with him, for the troll title:
    actually, it is a fact that you like to troll. but let me cut right to the chase here. here's the current post:
    ~43 out of the previous 43 Presidents, all did something tangible and specific to uplift their own Race their own Heritage their own Ethnicity.

but wait! let's see what you ACTUALLY mentioned earlier.
    He is the worst President in U.S. History, for Blacks

so your statement is that all the previous presidents were better for blacks than Obama because they did something tangible and specific to uplift white people? this is, to say the least, some curious logic.

meanwhile, James Buchanan was complaining about abolitionists riling up all those nice slave-owners in the south. Obama is CLEARLY worse for blacks than that guy, right?