I see a lot of men saying that women over-analyze things....

Options
100%Sag
100%Sag Members Posts: 294
edited September 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
... so can I get some male perspective?

I got a flat tire today. This guy pulled up and asked if I needed help, and I said yes. So, he's changing my flat and we are making small talk and some of his friends/ neighbors start coming out of the house and come over too. This girl starts talking about how "Angela" is going to be so mad that he's changing my tire, and she's about to call her, etc etc. But, from his reaction, I dont think thats his gf.

Anyway, it's hot as hell out and it took like 30 min to finish, so I offered him some money or lunch, but he wouldn't take it. I offered like 20 times and he kept saying "I'll take you up on the offer next time." But he didn't ask for my number. And as I was pulling away, he gave me change to put air in the donut, after refusing my money.

So....Was he just being nice? Because I know where he lives, and I wanted to pay him for helping me.... so I could see him again, if I wanted to. But I don't want to be a pest, especially if he wasn't interested.....?

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    angela gonna whoop ur ass.....
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    angela gonna whoop ur ass.....

Bob and weave girl

Bob and weave

Try to get some ? ? action before the rumble
  • 100%Sag
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LOL dont say that. This girl saw my plates and she knows my name.
  • Eternal Bachelor
    Eternal Bachelor Members Posts: 656
    edited August 2010
    Options
    take a chance and see what happens...

the worst the ? can do is say no...

what do you have to lose?
  • Dupac
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol, real talk, dude was genuinly being nice....but it's not a coincidence that u now view him as a "nice guy"
  • 100%Sag
    edited August 2010
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    Bob and weave girl

Bob and weave

Try to get some ? ? action before the rumble

Was it you that had "when in doubt, do some ? ? " in your sig before? LOL
  • Dupac
    edited August 2010
    Options
    100%Sag wrote: »
    LOL dont say that. This girl saw my plates and she knows my name.
    oh.. yall ain't NEVER gonna be friends......EVER......you can dead that ? right now.. no matter how cool u may think she is...
  • freshfromatl
    freshfromatl Members Posts: 559
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol, real talk, dude was genuinly being nice....but it's not a coincidence that u now view him as a "nice guy"

Exactly...Sometimes I find it funny how when a dude genuinly committs an respectable act towards women...it leaves yall "confused." LOL. What's up with that?
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Exactly...Sometimes I find it funny how when a dude genuinly committs an respectable act towards women...it leaves yall all "confused." LOL.

lol seriously though
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Was it you that had "when in doubt, do some ? ? " in your sig before? LOL

Lol

I may have offered that advice on here from time to time

Soooo

Is he cute??

Either way you should bake him a home made pie, and write a thank you note

It's the polite thing to do
  • Dupac
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lol

Soooo

Is he cute??

angela gonna bring that ? back to her door like

"he's diabetic....? "
  • freshfromatl
    edited August 2010
    Options
    nah funnier is when the guy IS interested she aint tryna hear it

Exactly!
  • 100%Sag
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Exactly...Sometimes I find it funny how when a dude genuinly committs an respectable act towards women...it leaves yall "confused." LOL. What's up with that?

Because it seemed overly nice. IDK... just not used to it.
    yea he was just bein a nice guy.. if he was interested he wouldve gotten some info on you before he finished..but sounds like he didnt ask any questions or press to see you later..sounds like he's waitin on some paternity test results and wants his karma right

LOL
  • freshfromatl
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lol

Soooo

Is he cute??

That would be very generous lol...too bad 99% of women not built this way though smh...
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options

i guess they are used to dudes doing things for the purpose of getting lucky.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Banned Location: Locaton: Location:Posts: 0
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Dupac
    edited August 2010
    Options

LOL
    i mean, it was a honest nice gesture, but the kinda nice gesture that forces u to pay attntion..

not tryna say he flat out wanna ? u right now..but yall more liable to speak to eachother now.. and maybe some day work yall way into a conversation....? was kinda smooth real talk....

but angela still gonna split ur ? ....
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    He was being nice. If wanted to holla, believe me, he would've of hollered.
  • Dupac
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Sperling wrote: »
    Sounds like he was just being nice, if he wanted to talk to you like that he would have been gave you his number.

not neccesarily....he might just wanna throw that initial impression of him being a really cool, nice chil laid back dude... he know hse ain't going no where, and ain't no point in seeming thirsty....

let that ? develope.....
  • freshfromatl
    edited August 2010
    Options

Well...to honestly answer your question...the dude may have been interested but refrained from asking your number because he really didn't feel like coming across like the thousands of other ? women claim bug them. I can honestly say that because I've done this myself, where I just politely finished the convo without asking for the number and I've seen that kind of stunned look on women faces like "why he not getting my number?" So ya, there could have been interest but guess you will never know now...

Also...my last question to solve this...Not trying to be rude but, are you attractive?
  • 100%Sag
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lol

Soooo

Is he cute??

Yea, he was cute. I was just going to put some money on his windsheild or something. Because I really do appreciate his help. But like I said, I don't want to be dumb about it. Nor do I want any problems... his house really is like right up the street.
  • Dupac
    edited August 2010
    Options
    He was being nice. If wanted to holla, believe me, he would've of hollered.

not always true.. there's an art to being subtle....plus there's angela to consider at this time....

this may be a dude with an ascended level of game here....? that confuses all who are not familiar to it....

i've been known to do ? like this, and not cash in until weeks....maybe months later....its caled.."putting ur bid in"
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well maybe he was just being nice in not taking the money cuz he wanted to show he was doing it as a nice guy and not somebody looking for something in advance.

And you didnt exactly make your intentions known so maybe he's just a shy dude who dont approach unless he's super sure.
  • freshfromatl
    edited August 2010
    Options
    not neccesarily....he might just wanna throw that initial impression of him being a really cool, nice chil laid back dude... he know hse ain't going no where, and ain't no point in seeming thirsty....

let that ? develope.....

*daps* this ? know what he talkin' bout.
  • McGeeAKey
    McGeeAKey Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ... so can I get some male perspective?

I got a flat tire today. This guy pulled up and asked if I needed help, and I said yes. So, he's changing my flat and we are making small talk and some of his friends/ neighbors start coming out of the house and come over too. This girl starts talking about how "Angela" is going to be so mad that he's changing my tire, and she's about to call her, etc etc. But, from his reaction, I dont think thats his gf.

Anyway, it's hot as hell out and it took like 30 min to finish, so I offered him some money or lunch, but he wouldn't take it. I offered like 20 times and he kept saying "I'll take you up on the offer next time." But he didn't ask for my number. And as I was pulling away, he gave me change to put air in the donut, after refusing my money.

So....Was he just being nice? Because I know where he lives, and I wanted to pay him for helping me.... so I could see him again, if I wanted to. But I don't want to be a pest, especially if he wasn't interested.....?

women better realize you lucky theres some good men left cause later on,there wont be anymore left