"my mic sounds nice" dmn, nobody checkin?

Options
ysl313
ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in The Reason
word???

they got all the female sin the game on here

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Good looking out i totalyl forgot, Lauryn Hill is one of a kind. There has been alot of Lil Kimesque mcs but no one has been able to duplicate Lauryns style, she relied on artist skills to get by, not her looks, ass, wigs,etc.
  • dmv_use2thewait
    dmv_use2thewait Members Posts: 1,239 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah, i watched...pretty interesting. Kinda think it should've been like a 2 hour thing...2nd hour focusing on some of these sick ass underground female emcees. Kinda found it interesting there wasn't much mention of Da Brat (first platinum selling female emcee). Also found what Lady of Rage said about Nikki Minaj interesting....said she was a mix of Missy, Kim and Eve. A lesser mix though i think.
  • usmarin3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah, i watched...pretty interesting. Kinda think it should've been like a 2 hour thing...2nd hour focusing on some of these sick ass underground female emcees. Kinda found it interesting there wasn't much mention of Da Brat (first platinum selling female emcee). Also found what Lady of Rage said about Nikki Minaj interesting....said she was a mix of Missy, Kim and Eve. A lesser mix though i think.

Yeah, they should just do an entire show on the state of rap period, not just female mcs. It was only a handful of rappers who went gold or platinum last year. I'm glad Lady of Rage said what she said about Nicki Minaj too, these little ? fans of her act like she is original when all she is is a hybrid of other female mcs and Wayne combined. It also kind of showed how fake she is, and if anything it showed how dope Lauryn Hill is.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i watch it. i was jacking the whole time.
  • usmarin3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    i watch it. i was jacking the whole time.

Until they put Bahamadias fugly face on the screen. lol

As for Trina, they just don't want to hear what you have to say. lol I bought Lauryn Hills and Missy album, because i know L Boogie was that nice and Missy was so left field and hiphop at it's finest with originality.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Until they put Bahamadias fugly face on the screen. lol

As for Trina, they just don't want to hear what you have to say. lol I bought Lauryn Hills and Missy album, because i know L Boogie was that nice and Missy was so left field and hiphop at it's finest with originality.

eve was nice, too.
  • blackdemo
    blackdemo Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It was nice to see, Foxy n Kim was killin it back in the day, n lauryn hill was the ? mc for females its sad how she fell tho
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    got dayum, i was watchin wrasslin...
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

i was switchin back and forth until that ? del rio came out in the bently and shut my tv down
  • dmv_use2thewait
    dmv_use2thewait Members Posts: 1,239 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

Its BET. You know they gonna show it bout 5 more times within like the next 2 weeks lol
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Watching this jawn right now and I just hand to hang my head in shame at the state of females in the game right now. Jean Grae ain't never gon' blow up
  • usmarin3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    Watching this jawn right now and I just hand to hang my head in shame at the state of females in the game right now. Jean Grae ain't never gon' blow up

Not looking like the Aunt Viv (the first one)
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Dang I gotta peep some of these FemCs they was namedropping in this thing
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I watched it. I thought it was a well put together documentary.