who is(was) the best performer stage wise in hip hop?

Options
KplusK
KplusK Members Posts: 2,114 ✭✭
edited August 2010 in The Reason
I have'nt been to alot of concert just seen alot of award shows and performances. But if you have who would you say is the best or gives a good performance in concert? I saw a dmx and ja show ? killed it but other than that i dont know. alot of people there is noway i would pay paper the see them at all.

Comments

• ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Busta has a hell of a stage show, back befor ehe got fat...right when he started hitting the roids

kanye probably atm though, that glow in the dakr tour = incredible
  • KplusK
    edited August 2010
    Options
    genstasia wrote: »
    the Roots....

black thought my ? but i always look at the roots as a boring band for some reason
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lil wayne>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everybody

kanye in a close sec

hov in 3rd... dude is better live then on wax...

when weezy come out hopefully he do a show in newyork (again) ima get me 2 mid price ticketz and take my girl to go see him...
    em is trash live the ? is wack same with t.i....luda is trash live... drake is ight...
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Kanye.

Glow in the dark tour from what I've heard and seen (but never got to experience :( ) was incredible.
  • MikThomas
    MikThomas Members Posts: 39
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The Roots or Method Man
  • KplusK
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lil wayne>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everybody

kanye in a close sec

hov in 3rd... dude is better live then on wax...

when weezy come out hopefully he do a show in newyork (again) ima get me 2 mid price ticketz and take my girl to go see him...
    em is trash live the ? is wack same with t.i....luda is trash live... drake is ight...

WHAT Hov is boring as ? on stage and so is drake i seen both perform and its no exitement at all ? i could see a ? waving his arms and moving his fingers while talking in the hood we good for that ? .
  • kuskklassic
    kuskklassic Members Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Busta Rhymes
    Jay-Z
    The Roots
    Kanye West (Glow In The Dark is the BEST HIP HOP SHOW visually and artistically)
    ? & Red
    DMX
    Lil Wayne
  • iamricherich
    iamricherich Members Posts: 252 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i'd go with lil wayne
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Glow in the dark=GOAT tour
  • bunz
    bunz Members Posts: 1,000
    edited August 2010
    Options
    kanye is dope for real... he really puts on a show... there isnt 100 homies on stage its all him... pyrotechnics, amazing visuals and a great voice.... seen 2 of his tours so far....

roots are really nasty too... switchin up the beats to their songs on some off the top ? , extended versions, black though freestyles... sick

ive seen jay twice, the first time i wasnt really imprssed but this last time i saw him with the live band he was album quality... i really like the fact that a lot of artists are using live bands now because their voices sound so much better when the beat is equalized by a band and they dont have to scream over the speakers...

WAYNE IS WACK in concert.... seen him twice (once w/ my ex, once w/ my lil sis).... he shows up late, shows up ? up, and smiles like a ? ? and giggles the whole show lol

t.i. was ok, nothing special....

common sounds really good live and drops some dope frees

krs is nice live... really enthusiastic and always plays long sets....

wu-tang is really sick live too... ? and ghost kinda steal the show though with their energy... the 1st time i saw them there was some goofy ass white dude with a denim suit on dancing backstage around like 30 black dudes lol... i remember making fun of how funny it looked with my friend, than in the middle of the show they were talking about how they have the best fans and said they even had some famous ones and introduced quentin tarantino... the goofy ass white dude lol... he took the mic and ? for a minute... it was pretty dope

busta, dmx are RAW

that whole up n smoke tour was ridiculous as was anger management.

you will never be disappointed at a rock the bells show... always quality music...

i've seen so many shows ive def didnt mention them all but these were the really good ones off the top
  • siqnih da rapper
    siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lil wayne point blank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • KplusK
    edited August 2010
    Options
    bunz wrote: »
    kanye is dope for real... he really puts on a show... there isnt 100 homies on stage its all him... pyrotechnics, amazing visuals and a great voice.... seen 2 of his tours so far....

roots are really nasty too... switchin up the beats to their songs on some off the top ? , extended versions, black though freestyles... sick

ive seen jay twice, the first time i wasnt really imprssed but this last time i saw him with the live band he was album quality... i really like the fact that a lot of artists are using live bands now because their voices sound so much better when the beat is equalized by a band and they dont have to scream over the speakers...

WAYNE IS WACK in concert.... seen him twice (once w/ my ex, once w/ my lil sis).... he shows up late, shows up ? up, and smiles like a ? ? and giggles the whole show lol

t.i. was ok, nothing special....

common sounds really good live and drops some dope frees

krs is nice live... really enthusiastic and always plays long sets....

wu-tang is really sick live too... ? and ghost kinda steal the show though with their energy... the 1st time i saw them there was some goofy ass white dude with a denim suit on dancing backstage around like 30 black dudes lol... i remember making fun of how funny it looked with my friend, than in the middle of the show they were talking about how they have the best fans and said they even had some famous ones and introduced quentin tarantino... the goofy ass white dude lol... he took the mic and ? for a minute... it was pretty dope

busta, dmx are RAW

that whole up n smoke tour was ridiculous as was anger management.

you will never be disappointed at a rock the bells show... always quality music...

i've seen so many shows ive def didnt mention them all but these were the really good ones off the top

thats what up good looking and yeah i always wanted to hit up a wu ? but never did smh and im from NY going to sit in corner for a min
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    KRS-One
    Busta Rhymes
    Wu Tang Clan
    The Roots
    DMX
    Jay-Z
    Read and ?
    Kanye
  • master_mentor
    master_mentor Members Posts: 222
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The Roots and Busta Rhymes
  • brazilblur
    brazilblur Members Posts: 668
    edited August 2010
    Options
    KplusK wrote: »
    WHAT Hov is boring as ? on stage and so is drake i seen both perform and its no exitement at all ? i could see a ? waving his arms and moving his fingers while talking in the hood we good for that ? .

Jay boring as ? live from what I heard lol
  • CaseyAsh
    CaseyAsh Members Posts: 26
    edited August 2010
    Options
    My top favorites are Kanye West he can give emotional performance,
    I like Jay z,
    I love Kid Cudi cuz you never know what's gonna happen
    I also like Q-tip.
  • BobbyDreyo
    BobbyDreyo Members Posts: 14
    edited August 2010
    Options
    honestly, its probably lil wayne
  • qoolaide33
    qoolaide33 Members Posts: 800
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The two illest I saw was probably KRS and Common.

I saw both perform at a college with a predominately white crowd and rocked it! I was amazed they were able to get the whites and asians going.

Common spit a dope freestyle about Buffalo and the areas and events in the city (afterwards I found out he does with every city, but its still dope that he takes the time out to get to know the city, and remember the names for a freestyle! I even saw a video where he actually visited Niagara Falls, and he was on that "Mother Earth is so beautiful BS he be on")

And KRS he the epitome of MC - Move the Crowd. He's big. He's loud. He's dope. And he freestyles off the top, too.
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yeah common is crazy live, he knows how to rock ?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    As far as energy, i would go Busta, LL, KRS, KRS
    As far as control, Jay-z,Roots,Dougie Fresh, Slick Rick
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah, far as actual crowd control and energy I'd go with Busta. Then people like Method Man, Common, Ludacris, L.L., and the Roots.

But then there's the emcees who actually go the extra creative mile to make the stage more excitin and theatrical. Kanye got the best stage show ideas, then prolly Wayne, Snoop, etc.

Lowkey though, even though he ain't a rapper, T-Pain>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • curtis75black
    curtis75black Members Posts: 606
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LL, KRS, Busta, Naughty By Nature puts on spetacular shows !! I wasn't feeling De La Soul too much and Digable Planets are tight. MC Hammer when he was hot was sick live, Heavy D & The Boyz also. Rakim is ok, nothing worth talking about. Big Daddy Kane was straight also.
  • dj expanium
    dj expanium Confirm Email Posts: 3,581 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You've got proof or source for this
    ysl313 wrote: »
    Busta has a hell of a stage show, back befor ehe got fat...right when he started hitting the roidsNo natural meat/steak and potatoes?!?!? Just messing around.
    ...em is trash live the ? is wack same with t.i....
    Did you call Eminem a "? "?