Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    foxhill10 wrote: »
    Maybe so, but it'll ask a lot less from the fans. Driving to another city at the peak of rush hour (to make the 7pm game time) is a bit much.

? that is what fans do!

And ATL and Jacksonville get my nod.

and ACC football. they will show up at a home game but they aint traveling for ? . But basketball that is another story!
  • Craig Robinson
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i still think the ? trop is to blame

rays.jpg

that's no place for a major league team
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    oh I was talking about both with sports teams and the city in general...seattle weather is woat and even Griffey was sleeping on them...

oh I C WAT U DID DERE..... hahaha
  • caddo man
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i still think the ? trop is to blame

rays.jpg

that's no place for a major league team

That place is the new metrodome. And that is not a compliment!
  • wilijamesme2
    wilijamesme2 Members Posts: 152
    edited August 2010
    Options
    In the South, if it ain't SEC Football, people ain't checking for them.
  • Craig Robinson
    edited August 2010
    Options

the braves average a lil over 30,000 per home game

the marlins and rays have ? stadiums
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    My vote for worst sports city is Atlanta.

NO ONE has been to the Braves games since like 1993, When 'Nique rolled, he took the Hawks fanbase with him, ma fuckas ain't done the ? Bird since Ron Mexico first got locked up, and we all forgot the Thrashers were even a pro team.

Personally other than Texas and LA teams, no one gives a ? about teams in warm weather. Bill Simmons said it best: if your team loses a big, you don't feel so bad: ? got 85 degrees days the next day.

But let a Philly or NY or Boston lose some big ? in Nov-Feb when it's cold and damn near freezing.....? are ? .

And Midwest cities have ? up weather all year-round. No wonder they be so miserable in Minnesota, Green Bay, Detroit, and especially Cleveland.
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I vote Atlanta
  • caddo man
    edited September 2010
    Options
    My vote for worst sports city is Atlanta.

NO ONE has been to the Braves games since like 1993, When 'Nique rolled, he took the Hawks fanbase with him, ma fuckas ain't done the ? Bird since Ron Mexico first got locked up, and we all forgot the Thrashers were even a pro team.

Personally other than Texas and LA teams, no one gives a ? about teams in warm weather. Bill Simmons said it best: if your team loses a big, you don't feel so bad: ? got 85 degrees days the next day.

But let a Philly or NY or Boston lose some big ? in Nov-Feb when it's cold and damn near freezing.....? are ? .

And Midwest cities have ? up weather all year-round. No wonder they be so miserable in Minnesota, Green Bay, Detroit, and especially Cleveland.

They going this year, trust me i know. You cant upgrade your seats anymore. Not even those afternoon games.
  • ricanprince
    ricanprince Members Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Oakland has beyond die hard fans...can't cosign that

Yeah I'm going to go with Seattle...why the ? would you want to be in that city...

because its a beautiful city
  • NastyJones
    NastyJones Members Posts: 156
    edited September 2010
    Options
    My Vote is Seattle.
  • NastyJones
    edited September 2010
    Options
    the braves average a lil over 30,000 per home game

the marlins and rays have ? stadiums

No lie!! hell the marlins share that old ? !!!
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    NastyJones wrote: »
    No lie!! hell the marlins share that old ? !!!

yea sun life stadium is a football stadium, now used for the hurricanes as well as the dolphins, thats the reason they are making a baseball stadium where the orange bowl use to be, but i dont think people will go to more games when the stadium is made in 2012
  • darkstarr8
    darkstarr8 Members Posts: 455
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Florida doesn't really check for baseball like that.Tampa supports the Bucs, and USF football pretty well. Jacksonville gets my vote.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i dont think they support the jaguars or marlins down there either..(of course the losin now, but i meant wen they were winnin..).
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Florida fans as a whole is bad....

They mainly support they team when they winning (expect for the Rays) they still aint checking for them

And SEC football is GOAT down south
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

They mainly support they team when they winning (expect for the Rays) they still aint checking for them

Ill somewhat agree to a certain extent. its true alot of fans down here are bandwagoners because their not really from here. so they just bandwagon whatever team is prevalent at the time. but if there's one team i can vouch for that i know has a die-hard fanbase, its UM. the hurricane fans will rally around the team whether theyll doing bad or good. i know this for a fact because my family members are staunch supporters. ive been to UM party viewings at people's houses. hell my homeboy even has an ol school cutlass that's donked out in hurricane green and orange colors with the UM emblem on the side. people take football very serious down here. from the high level to the collegiate level even into the pros.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Ill somewhat agree to a certain extent. its true alot of fans down here are bandwagoners because their not really from here. so they just bandwagon whatever team is prevalent at the time. but if there's one team i can vouch for that i know has a die-hard fanbase, its UM. the hurricane fans will rally around the team whether theyll doing bad or good. i know this for a fact because my family members are staunch supporters. ive been to UM party viewings at people's houses. hell my homeboy even has an ol school cutlass that's donked out in hurricane green and orange colors with the UM emblem on the side. people take football very serious down here. from the high level to the collegiate level even into the pros.

yea its something serious with UM, the year the marlins won the world series in 2003, most people down here didnt care, its 1. dolphins, 2. hurricanes, 3, heat (even with lebron here, but thats subject to change)
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    I live in miami and i have to agree, when shaq came to the heat in 2004, for the next 3 season, we sold out the arena for every home game, when he left and wade had to do everything, arena looked empty, i watched game 4 of the east 1st round playoffs when wadw scored like 46 vs the celtics and the arean was pretty empty, it wont be empty for the next few years, but I do sometimes hate my home city cause of the lack of fan supprt

Yes thats true but miami never really was a basketball town to begin with. and i see what your saying but even regardless of whats happened recently with the heat, miami was always be a football town.
  • beezy f baby
    beezy f baby Members Posts: 4,909 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Kansas City is up there
  • NastyJones
    edited September 2010
    Options

Nah you really can't stay that because it so many ppl here (south Fla) from other states/ countries that you dont have a stong following as you should. example when i go to a miami heat game and they playing boston, 30% of ppl there is from boston. ? is disgusting... Your right on the non tampa residents rooting for the ray which is sad but this is a ? football state.
  • hummingbird
    hummingbird Members, Banned Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Baseball isnt big here in Tampa. No matter if the team is winning or not, if people arent intrested in the sport then thier not gonna fill the stands. Thats just how it is. Its a catch 22, because if the stands did start to fill up now that they are winning then people would call us fairweather fans.

And for those of us who do like baseball, you guys really dont realize the hassle it is to get to the Trop. I live an hour to an hour and 15 mins away when there is no traffic. Now imagine me trying to get off work at 5 and make it there in gridlocked traffic. And when I say traffic standstill I mean it. It can take you a good 20 mins jsut to go less than a mile in the I-4, i-75 junction. Not to mention for the older people who enjoy baseball our metro transit system really ? sucks.

Now football on the other hand is a very big deal here. We grew up on football. I would say as far as fan passion concerning football in Florida were only second to maybe Texas. The Bucs constantly sell out games. All high schools here sell out games. USF sells out games.

And basketball is actually getting bigger as far as fans go here in central Florida. We constantly have a presence at Magic games even tho its an hour in the other direction.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    yea its something serious with UM, the year the marlins won the world series in 2003, most people down here didnt care, its 1. dolphins, 2. hurricanes, 3, heat (even with lebron here, but thats subject to change)

The canes have fans in the hood but not so much in "IN THE STANDS".

UM has one of the weakest attendance rates in the country. Probably the worst of the top 40 teams.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

Basically.