Seriously, are there any MC's that are certified MENSA ?

Options
daz156
daz156 Members Posts: 163
edited September 2010 in The Reason
If you don't know what that is then please don't reply to this thread, go listen to Ying Yang twins and Gucci Mane, no hate....

Comments

• weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I know some who are.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • refcortez
    refcortez Members Posts: 377 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    canibus, maybe.
  • daz156
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I know some who are.

Name 'em then.....or will it affect their street cred ? In fact I wonder if Waka Floka and Gucci Mane and Soulja Boy are really that clever, the reverse psychology of playing dumb to sell to the masses and you really are clever and playing them all for the fools they are ??? Or am i thinking about it too much ???
  • refcortez
    edited August 2010
    Options
    chino xl....

i was gonna say him, because he's the only one i know for sure is.
  • daz156
    edited August 2010
    Options
    refcortez wrote: »
    i was gonna say him, because he's the only one i know for sure is.

Is this something he has said in interviews or what ? I mean it's not like the same as saying I am a Hoover Crip or whatever garbage that all these rappers are always too quick to let you know about......
  • bankrupt baller
    edited August 2010
    Options
    daz156 wrote: »
    Is this something he has said in interviews or what ? I mean it's not like the same as saying I am a Hoover Crip or whatever garbage that all these rappers are always too quick to let you know about......

nah he really is
  • daz156
    edited August 2010
    Options
    nah he really is

I ain't doubting you in any way, but have you seen his certificate or is it just something that is known, say like Tom Cruise being ? ...
  • JerfyT
    JerfyT Members Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I ain't doubting you in any way, but have you seen his certificate or is it just something that is known, say like Tom Cruise being ? ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chino_XL

"He is a member of the intellectual collective MENSA"
  • bankrupt baller
    edited August 2010
    Options

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • daz156
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so it is just assumed that Chino XL is MENSA cos he has such devastating punchlines and metaphors ??

someone mentioned Canibus, but if that weretrue surely he would not have hooked up with Wyclef and produced such a ? awful first album.....or joind the army.....
  • daz156
    edited August 2010
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    Can-I-Bus was dope. And are you anti-American?

nah man, Can-I-Bus was garbage....when you compare Beasts From The East or a lot of the freestyles he did (Fantastic 4, Clue ? and a whole host of other ? ) to the album he dropped there is no comparisons, granted How We Roll and First Round KO are great tracks but there was some real garbage beats on there and on a first album you need the nbeats aswell as the lyrics, and no question he got lyrics....

and no I am not anti american, sorry if it came across that way, i just meant if he wassintelligent he would have realised that he was joining to fight a war that could not be won in a place where no one had ever beaten the home team and that the actual reasons for that war were all wrong, and could be deemed as illegal......but i dont want to get on a political tip, i meant it more along the lines of if you smart you do not join the army....
  • refcortez
    edited August 2010
    Options
    nah man, Can-I-Bus was garbage....when you compare Beasts From The East or a lot of the freestyles he did (Fantastic 4, Clue ? and a whole host of other ? ) to the album he dropped there is no comparisons, granted How We Roll and First Round KO are great tracks but there was some real garbage beats on there and on a first album you need the nbeats aswell as the lyrics, and no question he got lyrics....

and no I am not anti american, sorry if it came across that way, i just meant if he wassintelligent he would have realised that he was joining to fight a war that could not be won in a place where no one had ever beaten the home team and that the actual reasons for that war were all wrong, and could be deemed as illegal......but i dont want to get on a political tip, i meant it more along the lines of if you smart you do not join the army....

agreed, but chino xl really is, look it up, i know most of us don't trust all of the info on wikipedia. and the canibus thing was a joke because someone beat me to chino xl. i'm pretty sure it's just him.
  • weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ^I think he's just saying that if the stereotypical "intelligent" person who plans to live a long time and do many intellectual things is joining the army, he/she is reducing the odds of this happening by putting life at risk.
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    chino xl...thats it that i know of
    why does that matter? you could be smart as hell but sitll not be smart enough to make the best music
  • reef hustle_ahh
    reef hustle_ahh Members Posts: 461
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Name 'em then.....or will it affect their street cred ? In fact I wonder if Waka Floka and Gucci Mane and Soulja Boy are really that clever, the reverse psychology of playing dumb to sell to the masses and you really are clever and playing them all for the fools they are ??? Or am i thinking about it too much ???

believe it or not, Gucci reportedly graduated from HS with a 3.8 and got an academic scolarship to college

i know i didnt believe that ? at first either but i read it from multiple sources. when i tell ppl they never believe me
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    not Jay Z dumb camel brained ass

38 revolve like the sun around the earth SMMFH
  • daz156
    edited September 2010
    Options
    so u anti military?
    eat a ? ?

i aint anti-defending yourself, dont get it twisted.

HOWEVER

going to fight over oil in foreign lands and lying to the masses about it is whole 'nother story.....

and was that a rhetorical question about being anti military or did you assume that you knew me in some way and thought it was the cool thing to do and just say that ? ?
    and why you on some ? ? with that line ? why do all the disses on here that go back and forth on some ? ? , the dumbest least intelligble disses that take no imagination or thought, why not give me a reason why you think the military is something you believe in ?

DO YOU NOT BELIEVE IN FREE SPEECH ? cos it would appear you getting emotional at the notion that i have an opinion that you don't agree with and you acting like a little child calling names...

WHY DON'T YOU GROW UP AND ACT LIKE A MAN ??
  • daz156
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ^I think he's just saying that if the stereotypical "intelligent" person who plans to live a long time and do many intellectual things is joining the army, he/she is reducing the odds of this happening by putting life at risk.

i'm glad someone is actually thinking about responses and not just balbbing insults cos they might disagree with an opinion that someone has, but yeah, you hit it on the head.....if you intelligent why would you lower the odds of you having a long and fruitful life, especially as Canibus would just be going in on the front line......
  • daz156
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Only dumb people join the Army? Y'all some interesting people. thanks internet.

only dumb people come on line and dis people for having an opinion without actually putting forward an argument against whatever opinion they are getting upset about....

you are getting upset aren't you ?