has Fab really lived up to his potential?? Honestly

Options
princeofdahood
princeofdahood Members Posts: 76
edited August 2010 in The Reason
back in 01, 02 when he was still killin mixtapes and goin plat...dudes thought he was gonna take the crown once Jay retired...Hov retired and cambeback and he still got the crown in NY and Fab dropping mixtapes as albums on DefJam now...go figure...so this brings me to the question as to say...has Fab really lived up to his expectations? or is he underachieving at this point?
personally i think he hasnt and likely never will...w/o twitter i think ppl wouldnt b checking for him like tht...but since twitter is like a walking buzz machine he can still have a "following" but u subtract that then who is really "following" Fab at this point?? im not sure what his last album did but i doubt it did major or even gold numbers....so add all that up and think abt the thread question

Comments

• MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Fab is good, but he doesn't really have that much substance. Punchlines are good @ all, but I don't see myself ever buying a Cassidy or Fabolous album.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Has he lived up to his potential... no, he has the talents to be versatile but he's one dimensional and makes some of the most ridiculous songs
  • princeofdahood
    edited August 2010
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Has he lived up to his potential... no, he has the talents to be versatile but he's one dimensional and makes some of the most ridiculous songs

i agree dude comes off as 1 dimensional on tracks...its like insert punchline...and i know he has to make his fanbase happy with this but damn man...where is the growth?
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Fab had potential??? I always saw him as an average-at-best rapper and he's lived up to that. I think you're expectations of him were too high.
  • therealist_
    therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Loso's Way, was probably the most slept on album last year ..

I think he still got it, but i think he's too laid back to keep up with the other young artist.
    If he stayed hungry, and logged off twitter, i'm sure he could make some major noise .

He have the crossover appeal, to make ? songs..
    And have the bars to make Bang in the Whip ? .

His last mixtape was .. eh, straight ...
    But you can tell he still got it .. I just wish he was more active .
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    Fab is good, but he doesn't really have that much substance. Punchlines are good @ all, but I don't see myself ever buying a Cassidy or Fabolous album.

listen at the story telling on this

• therealist_
    therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

I'm checkin for it, i'll let you know how it sounds when it drops ..
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

pretty much sums that ? up right here
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    Fab had potential??? I always saw him as an average-at-best rapper and he's lived up to that. I think you're expectations of him were too high.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Aside from that though, I think he's fine in his lane. But when he tries to get real grimey or deep it comes off corny to me. He's a punchline rapper that knows how to make commercial songs, and he been eatin off that from jump. I don't see him ever bein one of the greatest or anything like that.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yeah he's jsut never been marketed that way...he's always been kinda like the R&B guy that raps the way his "image" has been put out there...all his biggest hits were songs about women/falling in love which make people ignore the fact that he has good story telling songs like Can U Hear Me or songs with substance like When The Money Goes...
  • princeofdahood
    edited August 2010
    Options
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    u pose another good point right there...him goin plat early in his career might have been a gift and curse....after he went plat and all the hot ? he was dropping made ? put a skyscrapper on his back and ssay carry the coast...but he was always truely average...good point
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    not at all. i thought he might back when he dropped breathe (his best song ever) but hes just lazy. all of his wack ass albums and this ? twitter ? has made me ashamed to even admit that i was once a fan.

and i dont think twitter is good for him. everyone comes off as a ? on that, and because of it i no longer check for any of his ? .
  • princeofdahood
    edited August 2010
    Options
    birdcall89 wrote: »
    not at all. i thought he might back when he dropped breathe (his best song ever) but hes just lazy. all of his wack ass albums and this ? twitter ? has made me ashamed to even admit that i was once a fan.

and i dont think twitter is good for him. everyone comes off as a ? on that, and because of it i no longer check for any of his ? .

u got a point...alot of these entertainers sound like lames on tht ? ...and when u think abt it...ppl use that ? to vent...i thought rappers vented in they music and in the both?? so these ? wasting some of they best comments on they pages instead of on the mic...SMH...good point fam....? like budden stay on that ? and barely drop ? these days....crazy...these young hungry ? dont have twitter LOL
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Fab and Jada have the same problem, they can't put together albums and their albums are fomulaic as ? . This is how they put together their albums

Possee cut with their crews
    Down south collabo track
    West coast collabo track
    Single about tricking with some r and b singer who is hot at the moment
    A couple of in producer tracks (Timbaland, Neptunes, Pollow,etc)
    A underground producer track (Premo, Alchemist,etc)

Plus they stay chasing hit records and fads.
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Fab and Jada have the same problem, they can't put together albums and their albums are fomulaic as ? . This is how they put together their albums

Possee cut with their crews
    Down south collabo track
    West coast collabo track
    Single about tricking with some r and b singer who is hot at the moment
    A couple of in producer tracks (Timbaland, Neptunes, Pollow,etc)
    A underground producer track (Premo, Alchemist,etc)

Plus they stay chasing hit records and fads.

every post you make is always rite. your so smart i almost hate you lmao. c/s post.
  • 7thwardslim
    7thwardslim Members Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    birdcall89 wrote: »

Man i was bangin on Fab something crazy........ i thought that ? was gonna drop album with all those crazy ass freestyle......Ghetto Fab was my ? ...
    even though it was soft......thats the closest will get to the old unless u get that ? off the net.....Fab was beast.....now i refuse to listen to any song he's on....
    i mean that ? Fab was spitting ? ......my favorite ? was that Freestyle over the Rocky beat....... that ? brought punch-lines to another level....
    now the ? just flat out whack........ Body ya......B-B-B-Body ya....are you serious Fab.......all ya ? been trash since "Breathe"
    I take that back....just remember that "Throw it in the Bag" remix was ? .....until i heard Wayne version.....then i said dam Fab a ? showed u how to do it
  • InMyLifeTime91
    InMyLifeTime91 Members Posts: 1,289
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i dont think up to his potential but he aint all the way trash.. he trys to hard to make that hit record, and drops too many wack punchlines.. i thought he could be on some raekwon mixed wit jay-z type ? but he turned into more of a lil wayne, maino mix... his last few joints i heard have been kind of unlistenable: Lights Out, I Aint In Love, Body Count. Loso's way was a dissappointment but the rest of his albums r solid.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Loso way was a good album IMO his best, but at the same time he showed little growth.....Fab just seems satisfied he has showed no hunger through his career......more street dreams and loso's way still two of my favorite mixtapes....But he def is still worthy to check for