"just because you can't understand him, don't mean that he nice..../

Options
idoitforhiphop10
idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in The Reason
that just mean u can't understand the ? that he write."

did jay z just contradict himself with that quote? like 85% of the time he's goin over somebody head so he basically ? on himself. just an observation lol.

Comments

• hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    "Thirty-eight revolve like the sun round the Earth."
  • idoitforhiphop10
    edited August 2010
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    Jay aint neva go ova my head.

of course not us. were hip hop heads so we no what he sayin. if u let a average listener really try to find some hidden references it would go over they head. i've seen it.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    TS didn't get the line i see, i believe he was speaking about ''content" not complexity, meaning people thinking Nas is deep.
  • idoitforhiphop10
    edited August 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    TS didn't get the line i see, i believe he was speaking about ''content" not complexity, meaning people thinking Nas is deep.

how does he mean content? you could be right tho. i always thought he was talking about how people think intricate rhymes=talent
  • jblack4083
    jblack4083 Members Posts: 31
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Just because Nas talks about the Illuminati, religion, and politics and some people might not understand what hes talking about doesnt make him not a good rapper. He still has lyrics for days regardless of what hes talking about.

Jay gets deep sometimes too...
  • usmarin3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Deep: Profound or penetrating in awareness or understanding.
    or
    Deep: Intensely felt

I believe Jay was pointing out the hypocrisy and contradiction in Nas style, "is it oochie wally or is it one mic, is it black girls lost of shawty owe you for ice". I believe the whole line is challenging the consistency of Nas's message, not the complexity of his words and style.
  • daz156
    daz156 Members Posts: 163
    edited August 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    "Thirty-eight revolve like the sun round the Earth."

explain that line cos i never got that....

i mean, i assume he got it backwards cos the earth revolve around the sun....
  • daz156
    daz156 Members Posts: 163
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No man is without flaws. I've dedicated my life to helping others, but i still get my ? on. Does a night of drunkin ? , cancel my good works and make me "inconsistent'?

most def not, it just makes you human....
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    "im the one like 5 divided by 4" jay stays over ya head
  • idoitforhiphop10
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I believe Jay was pointing out the hypocrisy and contradiction in Nas style, "is it oochie wally or is it one mic, is it black girls lost of shawty owe you for ice". I believe the whole line is challenging the consistency of Nas's message, not the complexity of his words and style.

yeah he probably meant it in two ways
  • idoitforhiphop10
    edited August 2010
    Options

that was the point of this thread lol. and everybody postin in this, can we not make this into a jay z vs nas thread.
  • usmarin3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No man is without flaws. I've dedicated my life to helping others, but i still get my ? on. Does a night of drunkin ? , cancel my good works and make me "inconsistent'?

I understand that, but when Nas criticized other rappers for doing the same ? , that's when it becomes hypocritical and contradictory.
  • runningwolf1980
    runningwolf1980 Members Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    that just mean u can't understand the ? that he write."

did jay z just contradict himself with that quote? like 85% of the time he's goin over somebody head so he basically ? on himself. just an observation lol.

just means you dont understand all the ? that he writes
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

5 divided by 4 doesn't equal 1...So is that over my head, or is he just wrong?
  • ShadyTeam
    ShadyTeam Members Posts: 4,894 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

I do think the line is true when he was talking about Nas half the time Nas talks about irrelevant things people can't relate to
  • Deckster
    Deckster Members Posts: 735 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ShadyTeam wrote: »

I do think the line is true when he was talking about Nas half the time Nas talks about irrelevant things people can't relate to
    its irrelevant to you cause your either not black or your a house ? ? lovin ?
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

The next Emenim thread will be classic.

daz156 wrote: »
    explain that line cos i never got that....

i mean, i assume he got it backwards cos the earth revolve around the sun....

He wasnt talking about the sun as in the sense of a planet, he was referring to himself as the son revolving around the earth.

Jayhova is like a ? to me, Id murder a grandmother just to see him eat a croissant in a restaurant, or tie his argyle scarf around his neck...

Jigga is the GOAT.
  • ShadyTeam
    ShadyTeam Members Posts: 4,894 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Deckster wrote: »
    its irrelevant to you cause your either not black or your a house ? ? lovin ?

For example i can relate to Drae Mama by 2pac more than any Song Nas has ever recorded period

It's just a universal Song with raw emotion everyone can relate to it moves you

It's a simple concept by 2pac but has more emotion, depth, soul and message then any Nas Song
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Miles HIGH wrote: »

the line is I remain y'all more than one, like five divided by four. 5 divided by 4 is remainder 1
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    He wasnt talking about the sun as in the sense of a planet, he was referring to himself as the son revolving around the earth.

What? That ? still don't make sense, lol. So you sayin he's callin himself Jesus? I could kinda give that a pass, but when does Jesus revolve around the earth? Or is he callin himself the son of the earth? And he revolves around it?
  • Deckster
    Deckster Members Posts: 735 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    For example i can relate to Drae Mama by 2pac more than any Song Nas has ever recorded period

It's a simple concept by 2pac but has more emotion, depth, soul and message then any Nas Song

ok but if u cant relate to nas you are a ? on a ? ....
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    He meant that Nas was being contradictory as well as thinking that if he goes over people's heads with his rhymes then that means people would think he is nice.
  • usmarin3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Miles HIGH wrote: »

FOR THE LAST DAMN TIME, THE LINE GOES LIKE THIS

"I REMAIN THE ONE, LIKE 5 DIVIDED BY 4"

4 goes into 5 one time with a remainder of 1.
  • idoitforhiphop10
    edited August 2010
    Options

so do you relate to the psychotic eminem more than the street poet nas?
  • idoitforhiphop10
    edited August 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    He meant that Nas was being contradictory as well as thinking that if he goes over people's heads with his rhymes then that means people would think he is nice.

so he meant it both ways right?