Artists or Groups That Made It Off Of Production & Swag, But Can't/Couldn't Sing

Options
tab58064
tab58064 Members Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
Name some artists or groups that made it because of production & swagger, but can't or couldn't sing worth ? . I'mma start this off with the group Total. ? bless their hearts, but them chicks didn't do ? but whine their way through songs & I still liked their ? ! LOL!

Comments

• Thanuyoka
    Thanuyoka Members Posts: 102
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • wilijamesme2
    wilijamesme2 Members Posts: 152
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The-Dream can't sing worth a ?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ciara, Jesus Christ did anyone see her at the BET Awards 2 years ago when she sung that song live for Michael Jacksons tribute. I mean, the ? couldn't even carry a note, even Kerry Hilson could.

Britney Spears definetly can't sing either, ? been autotuning her whole career.

The Dream

Trey Songz talk/singing/yodelling ass

Kerry Hilson, needless to say Timbaland and Pollow the Don is carrying her ass

Omarion, ? sound like three cats are fighting in his throat
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    nah, songz and chris brown can definitely sing, may not be like da olden days, but they can sang...

c/s EVERYONE else in this thread tho..

i still like most of these artists tho..
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Chris Brown can't sing live to save his life. Prolly cried to get out of singing Man In The Mirror at the BET Awards cuz he knew he'd ? it up.

Ciara
    Janet Jackson
    Dream
    Ashanti
    Omarion
    J'Lo
    Morris Day
    Keith Sweat
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Total
    Al.B Sure
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    T Boz
    Ke$sha
    Akon
    Tpain
    Miley Cyrus
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Thanuyoka wrote: »
    chris brown

u must be out your mind
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Jodeci...I know alot of people won't agree with me but let's be real...vocally Jodeci wasn't ? with a group like Boyz II Men...
  • Rocket Kidd
    Rocket Kidd Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Rihanna..her vocals are limited and all her songs sound the same.
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Jodeci...I know alot of people won't agree with me but let's be real...vocally Jodeci wasn't ? with a group like Boyz II Men...

Come on man Jojoi and Kci had great voices, very few groups are ? with Boyz 2 men vocally.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Who cares?

Dont people realize how much straight CLASSIC material has been created by artist who supposedly can't "sing"? And how ? up that same material would sound if a "Whitney Houston" attempted it?

These threads get old. There is more than one type of artist and many different genres of music.
  • Eternal Bachelor
    Eternal Bachelor Members Posts: 656
    edited September 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

only k-ci and jo jo could sing
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lol, ? must think the other 2 ? in jodeci was just along for the ride or something..

i may be in the minority but ill take jodeci over boys to men anyday..
  • still-SBP
    still-SBP Members Posts: 898 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    New Edition.Ralph and Bobby weren't great vocally but they could get the job done Ricky Bell and Johnny Gill were stronger singers but they didn't have the charisma that the other two had.
    Chris Brown is a better dancer than he is a singer,his voice is serviceable though nothing special but he seems to be getting better.
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    thread was made for Beyonce
  • takesithard1
    takesithard1 Members Posts: 134
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ashanti cant sing for ? and I agree with G.R.I.P
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Trey Songz
    Keri Hison
    Rihanna
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    thread was made for Beyonce

Co-sign

? outta here with that Trey Songz and Chris Brown talk. Really ? ?
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    bobby brown
    trey songz
    rihanna
    ciara
    j. lo
    janet jackson
  • qoolaide33
    qoolaide33 Members Posts: 800
    edited September 2010
    Options
    T=Pain owns this thread. He's the only one hiding his voice behind a machine?

Has hella good songs, though. But vocally......eh
  • blackrain
    edited September 2010
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    Come on man Jodeci and Kci had great voices, very few groups are ? with Boyz 2 men vocally.

exactly...2 people in Jodeci had great voices...I can't consider a 4 person singing group a serious vocal threat if only 2 of them sing...and that's part of being a good group
  • blackrain
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lol, ? must think the other 2 ? in jodeci was just along for the ride or something..

i may be in the minority but ill take jodeci over boys to men anyday..

no i know their contributions...but honestly if you're not singing as part of the group then get the hell off the stage/video...cuz then it makes it seem like they're just 2 ? along for the ride...? they even let Ronnie DeVoe sing in New Edition...you mean to tell me neither Dalvin or Devonte' had ANY vocal skills? not even enough to sing one verse?
  • The Smooth One
    The Smooth One Members Posts: 725
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Lmao @ yall defending Chris Brown's singing ability... smh @ "singing" meaning you can hold a note better than the person next to you. By that definition I can sing.

But overall, most listed are studio singers. But seeing as how people don't go to concerts much and can't differentiate a real singer from a fake one.

I mean damn, T-Pain uses autotune on every record, but can ACTUALLY SING LIVE.

Yea, that's the kind of the thread this is. One with talent so bad, T-Pain serves as a viable alternate. Not really knocking him though, he's a competent/good rapper, good singer/producer, and a very good entertainer.
  • blackrain
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Lmao @ yall defending Chris Brown's singing ability... smh @ "singing" meaning you can hold a note better than the person next to you. By that definition I can sing.

But overall, most listed are studio singers. But seeing as how people don't go to concerts much and can't differentiate a real singer from a fake one.

I mean damn, T-Pain uses autotune on every record, but can ACTUALLY SING LIVE.

Yea, that's the kind of the thread this is. One with talent so bad, T-Pain serves as a viable alternate. Not really knocking him though, he's a competent/good rapper, good singer/producer, and a very good entertainer.

I've seen T-Pain live and I was admittedly shocked at how good he sounds without autotune and the fact that he's running around the stage like he's on a track meet the entire time...I do think Chris BRown has gotten better vocally since he first came out in 2005 though...the last few songs I heard from him he's improved alot