what is wrong with these middle eastern countries.....

Options
TX_Made713
TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
edited September 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Sakineh Mohammadi-Ashtiani, an Iranian woman sentenced to death by stoning for adultery, has also been sentenced to 99 lashes for a photo published of her without a headscarf, according to her son.

In an interview published on the website of the French magazine La Regle du Jeu and the blog Dentelles et Tchador, Mohammadi-Ashtiani's son Sajjad said they learned of the new punishment from released inmates.

He said that a prison judge confirmed that she was to be lashed for spreading "corruption and indecency" by the publication of a photograph of her without a headscarf that appeared in a British newspaper.

The Times of London published on August 28 a photo of a woman without a headscarf that it said was Mohammadi-Ashtiani, however on September 3 it said the attribution of the photo, which it received from one of her lawyers that has fled Iran, was incorrect.

The photo "... is certainly not that of my mother," said Sajjad.

Mohammadi-Ashtiani, a 43-year-old mother of two, was given the death penalty for an extramarital relationship.

Iran has subsequently said she was also convicted of being an accomplice in her husband's death, though she has denied that was the case.

Her plight has prompted protests in Europe and an international campaign to spare her. Tehran has provisionally suspended the death sentence.

photo_1283620025314-1-1.jpg

soraya.jpg

i can understand the accomplice bit but to give her 99 slashes for taking a picture without her scarf is too harsh...then to stone her to death because she cheated on her husband is stupid...
An Iranian woman sentenced to death by stoning was subjected to a mock execution by hanging.

In preparation for her death, Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani wrote her will and embraced her cellmates in Tabriz prison.

But the mother-of-two, who was acquitted of murdering her husband but found guilty of adultery, was not led to the gallows.

Her son told The Guardian: ‘Pressure from the international community has so far stopped them from carrying out the sentence but they’re killing her every day by any means possible.’

The latest development comes after prison authorities denied family and legal visits, falsely telling them Ashtiani was unwilling to see them. In turn, she was told no one had come to see her.

Ashtiani has already received 99 lashes for reportedly having an illicit relationship with two men.

The stoning sentence was suspended pending a judicial review but could still be carried out, an Iranian judiciary official has said.

Murder, adultery, ? , armed robbery, apostasy and drug trafficking are all punishable by death under Iran's Sharia law, enforced since the 1979 Islamic Revolution.

The 43-year-old’s lawyer, Houtan Kian, has accused the government of inventing the charges against her.

Sajad, whose mother’s plight has resulted in protest rallies in hundreds of cities, believes the international outcry is the only reason his mother is still alive.
A protester, dressed with a costume to depict a woman stoned to death in Iran, participates in a demonstration organised by the National Council of Resistance of Iran in France

A protester, dressed with a costume to depict a woman stoned to death in Iran, participates in a demonstration organised by the National Council of Resistance of Iran in France

He added: ‘I beg everybody in the world to continue their support for my mother. That is the only way she might be spared from the death sentence.’

French First Lady Carla Bruni became involved in the row for protesting against the case.

The wife of President Nicholas Sarkozy ‘deserves to die’ for supporting an 'adulteress', according to leading Iranian paper Kayhan.

In an open letter, Ms Bruni wrote: 'Spill your blood, deprive your children of their mother? Why?

'Because you have lived, because you have loved, because you are a woman, an Iranian? Every part of me refuses to accept this.'

The paper responded by dubbing her a marriage-wrecking ‘prostitute’ because of her affairs with high-profile celebrities who already had partners.
Demonstrators hold placards during a protest against stoning in Trafalgar Square, London

Demonstrators hold placards during a protest against stoning in Trafalgar Square, London

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1307908/Iran-death-row-woman-Sakineh-Mohammadi-Ashtiani-hanged-stoned.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0ylUvcPyf

Comments

• P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Da Middle East keepin ? in check
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    They need stoning for proven adulterers and cheaters over here.. Yeezy shrug

I wont do it again...

you got that right..
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Bet that ? will never cheat again.......seriously she wont.
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    err, will she even survive the 99 lashes?

Oh well, this is the kind of stuff that happens when a country is ruled according to religious doctrine.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I think I'm going to stone my wife when she wakes up for not having her face covered. Then it court I'll use the Quran and Old Testament as my defense.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Actually, the penalty for adultery is lashes, not stoning according to the Holy Quran.

The previous penalty was stoning before this chapter was revealed. They violate there own book. And the proof that death is not prescribed according to the Quran is that the offending parties are only permitted to marry other adulterers and fornicators. If stoned to death how could you possibly remarry?

Chapter 24 - The man and woman guilty of adultery, flog them with a hundred stripes. Fornicators get half of that.

? that they don't have the man, she surely didn't commit adultery by herself.

But then again, this does come from Frenchies and Brits, so.........
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I think I'm going to stone my wife when she wakes up for not having her face covered. Then it court I'll use the Quran and Old Testament as my defense.

Actually, the Quran doesn't state that punishment for that offense. Or adultery for that matter.

It prescribes death for Murder.

I witness a beheading for a dude who ? a woman. They filled a stadium and gave him the poke-chop. Poked him in the side and chopped his head off.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    its because islam
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    word. it takes too to tango. This is just another example of the middle east showing no regard for women.

In truth, they are way more respectful and protective of woman, than in the west. Some places go overboard. But you won't disrespect or holler at a woman over there, they will ? you up for even look like your attempting to do such. No ? over there. You ? a woman, aint no trial and keep you in prison. They have a trial, find you guilty, put your head on a chopping block, chop and a big ? to dump your monkey ass in.

Iranians are serious because of what the Shah had brought into the country, when he was in Power. Prostitution, Gambling houses, Homosexuality, Alcohol. They didn't want that creeping in again because it was destroying their social fabric.

60 percent of Iran's civil servants are women. I dont think you can say that about any nation.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Actually, the Quran doesn't state that punishment for that offense. Or adultery for that matter.

It prescribes death for Murder.

I witness a beheading for a dude who ? a woman. They filled a stadium and gave him the poke-chop. Poked him in the side and chopped his head off.

Neither does the OT. But who really reads the books anymore? And those that do read how many actually know what they say and mean? I say the bible and Quran tell me to do it.... nevermind.

The jury and judge hear a black man say Quran I'm doin life in Prison and just created a new assault on a Muslim country.
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Neither does the OT. But who really reads the books anymore? And those that do read how many actually know what they say and mean? I say the bible and Quran tell me to do it.... nevermind.

The jury and judge hear a black man say Quran I'm doin life in Prison and just created a new assault on a Muslim country.

The OT does set stoning as a remedy

Well most judges know the Quran. They study it. The Quran actually has a lot of legal jurisprudence that the Western world has adopted.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The OT does set stoning as a remedy

Well most judges know the Quran. They study it. The Quran actually has a lot of legal jurisprudence that the Western world has adopted.

I don't know too many Judges who study the Quran in America.

The OT doesn't say to stone them btw, it just says they shall be put to death or burnt.

Quick question though, it doesn't say that stoning for adultery in the Quran. Why do they not follow that part being that outside of the extremists most Muslims follow their book to the t?
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Men are excused from the laws of polygamy, yet women are stoned to death for such acts. I'm pretty sure women have more rights in the west.

They have more license and freedom to move around, but with that comes a price. More battered woman, ? women, divorced women, single moms, women with STD's, women with AIDS.
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I don't know too many Judges who study the Quran in America.

The OT doesn't say to stone them btw, it just says they shall be put to death or burnt.

Quick question though, it doesn't say that stoning for adultery in the Quran. Why do they not follow that part being that outside of the extremists most Muslims follow their book to the t?

Deutoronomy. Chapter 22 does prescribed stoning for adultery

Because they choose to follow their way instead of what the book says, like extreme Christians make up ? and Extreme jews follow the talmud. It basically is a case of self righteous autocratic feeling some get when they feel the punishment is not harsh enough. They want to play ? .

Sort of like rogue cops, who want to take the law into their own hands.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited September 2010
    Options
    No ? over there.

ffoahahahhahahahha

they ? women, throw acid in their faces, put chicks to death for adultery, and then they ? little boys like we talked about in those four threads on the same subject you were scared to even click on

these people are savages, plain and simple
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    They not only ? but the family of the victim basically disowns her. She is a disgrace to the family. Some would even ? her.

no no you dont understand, they treat women very well, much better than americans
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ffoahahahhahahahha

they ? women, throw acid in their faces, put chicks to death for adultery, and then they ? little boys like we talked about in those four threads on the same subject you were scared to even click on

these people are savages, plain and simple

Actually, The no ? quote was a testimony to you being dealt with if you do. There is nothing you can tell me about the Middle East and South East asia. I visit frequently. Their behavior is waaaaaaaay more civilized than any society in the west. The actions you described happened infinitely more in the west. You never left your back yard. You're an internet traveler.

The most savage people on the planet are the American people. Hands down. The filth tolerated here is second to none.
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The movie "The Stoning of Soraya M." was pretty good. It portrayed almost the same thing and the stoning at the end was pretty graphic and sad. This type of behavior is inexcusable no matter what book it comes from. If your signifigant other cheats on you, forget um and move on. It's simple. But in this movie's case, she was set up and the village new about it. That made it even worse.

stoning_soraya.jpg
  • BootyButterPi
    BootyButterPi Members Posts: 1,436 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ? is wrong with black muslims who insist on gettin down with the enemies of the world?

why double the troubles?

u already black, and you wanna get down with the a-rabs?

2 times fo yo muthafuckin mind.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ? is wrong with black muslims who insist on gettin down with the enemies of the world?

why double the troubles?

u already black, and you wanna get down with the a-rabs?

2 times fo yo muthafuckin mind.

Just cause you are Arab doesn't make you Muslim. And there are white, black, Asian, Arab Muslims.

And Muslims aren't the enemy of the world. That would the US and Israel that the other 85% of the world doesn't really like.
  • BootyButterPi
    BootyButterPi Members Posts: 1,436 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Just cause you are Arab doesn't make you Muslim. And there are white, black, Asian, Arab Muslims.

And Muslims aren't the enemy of the world. That would the US and Israel that the other 85% of the world doesn't really like.

show me an a-rab who aint a muslim and i'll show you a ? who stay keepin bootybutterpi name on the front page of the "cheap seats" forum.

( its kinda hard sayin something slick to a can of oil huh?)

dis wut u wanted.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    show me an a-rab who aint a muslim and i'll show you a ? who stay keepin bootybutterpi name on the front page of the "cheap seats" forum.

( its kinda hard sayin something slick to a can of oil huh?)

dis wut u wanted.

Huh? The 30 page long thread of you gettin laughed at been gone, and the exposing of me you did the other day died quick as ? .

And if you seriously think every Arab is muslim you're out your ? mind and delusional. It takes a second to find it, go look it up, do something productive with your life.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    No ? over there. You ? a woman, aint no trial and keep you in prison. They have a trial, find you guilty, put your head on a chopping block, chop and a big ? to dump your monkey ass in.
    i know what you mean, but it just sounds a little funny to basically say "there's no ? , but when they catch you ? ..."
    Iranians are serious because of what the Shah had brought into the country, when he was in Power. Prostitution, Gambling houses, Homosexuality, Alcohol. They didn't want that creeping in again because it was destroying their social fabric.
    but it IS creeping in again, and has been for some time. their attempt to be far more religious than the Shah hasn't changed that.
  • memphis
    memphis Members Posts: 201
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I am sorry sir, but this hear... is one of the most insane things I have ever read. Maybe i'm wrong, but all arabs are muslim. I have never met one that isn't.

There are arab christians, arab jews, and arab muslims
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Since Memphis already stated my answer, let me propose a question....

Why in the ? do y'all think Arab people could only be Muslims? Where did this come from? Are you die hard fox news fans?