Ever Seen A Live Beat??

Options
bkkbully
bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in Fresh Produce
I performed a live beat @ The Drake Underground in Toronto, Canada last week for the Sound Battle Royale. We had 2 minutes to flip and sample the song, "Synthetic Substitution" by Melvin Bliss and make a new beat in front of the crowd, LIVE ON THE SPOT. Here's my beat below, check it out:

YouTube: http://youtu.be/il3mi-b456o

Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/14484915

Comments

• TheMostInfamous
    TheMostInfamous Members Posts: 65
    edited September 2010
    Options
    check you out!

^___^

nice n floaty.. not 100% sure about that ghosty sounding bit @ 1.50 but its cool though
  • bkkbully
    edited September 2010
    Options
    check you out!

^___^

nice n floaty.. not 100% sure about that ghosty sounding bit @ 1.50 but its cool though

The synth lead? Lol I swear if the MC wouldn't have said that remark about it 'being spooky' it would have a whole different perception. 'Preciate the feedback!!
  • TheMostInfamous
    edited September 2010
    Options
    heyyy

its funny cos it was finishing right after i typed the above post.. i didnt hear him say that until after i wrote what i worte

im actually REALLY into my dark deep 'spooky' chilling sounding beats, (alchemist and havoc are two of my favourite for example)

what i mean is, that particular sample type bit @ 1.50 (i dont make beats so not sure what id call it lol) it sounds a bit shakey.. like, not solid

thats what i mean

but i do like it!

:)
  • bkkbully
    edited September 2010
    Options
    heyyy

its funny cos it was finishing right after i typed the above post.. i didnt hear him say that until after i wrote what i worte

im actually REALLY into my dark deep 'spooky' chilling sounding beats, (alchemist and havoc are two of my favourite for example)

what i mean is, that particular sample type bit @ 1.50 (i dont make beats so not sure what id call it lol) it sounds a bit shakey.. like, not solid

thats what i mean

but i do like it!

:)

:) I'm glad you like it! Haha yea I was playing with the modulation wheel with the synth, which makes it shakey and vibrate a little. I was having too much fun. I really appreciate your feedback! So if you had to name your favorite 'spooky dark' beat of all time what would it be?
  • TheMostInfamous
    edited September 2010
    Options
    thats a REALLLLY hard question...

but the first beat that i thought of was this, its one of my favourites, they way it drops in at like 0.17

oh my DAYZ it sounds awesome in the wip

i actually looked for the intrumental only- but the first one i clicked on sounded TOTALLY different at that point :/ weird..

i can find more for you if you give me time lol..

oh i really like how cormega sounds, his work is really distinctive too

and its funny cos a while back i kept hearing tracks that i liked, then i did research on them, and the same name kept coming back - just blaze. so i guess i like his work too!

:) i checked your website, that wooden rocket house thing looks cool man lol where is that from?!
  • TheMostInfamous
    edited September 2010
    Options

mmm this beat digs deep

almost hurts man

lol

really though

this track is too much

**zone**
  • bkkbully
    edited September 2010
    Options
    thats a REALLLLY hard question...

but the first beat that i thought of was this, its one of my favourites, they way it drops in at like 0.17

oh my DAYZ it sounds awesome in the wip

i actually looked for the intrumental only- but the first one i clicked on sounded TOTALLY different at that point :/ weird..

i can find more for you if you give me time lol..

oh i really like how cormega sounds, his work is really distinctive too

and its funny cos a while back i kept hearing tracks that i liked, then i did research on them, and the same name kept coming back - just blaze. so i guess i like his work too!

:) i checked your website, that wooden rocket house thing looks cool man lol where is that from?!

Ooooooh yea that track is crazy!! Its nothing like a dark Mobb Deep track. I just can't explain it. I hear a Mobb Deep track and I seriously think that I can catch bullets hahahaha. Yea please find more, I like talking to people about beats / music! Just Blaze is a monster! I actually got to see him rock in NYC last night at the Fools Gold block party, he KILLED IT!

I'm glad you checked out the website! The wooden house rocket is a piece that we constructed. I just finished interning at Art International Radio in Manhattan, NYC. The pictures were from an exibit that we did with the actor James Franco (Spiderman, Pineapple Express, Pray Eat Love). He's a really down to earth guy, very talented. I interned with them for 3 months, and I now have my own radio show at their station!

Check it out when you get the chance: http://genmx.com/cafe-del-unda/
  • bkkbully
    edited September 2010
    Options

Listen to this with the lights off. Bone chillin