Is weave the reason so many black women are lost today?.. "hear me out 1st"

Options
DRO
DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Think about it, you have someone elses hair, natural human hair in your head; 9 times outta 10 an indian's hair...

Now, they may practice hinduism, islam, may be catholic, or some other ? that you wouldn’t step 5 feet infront..

Now if they have evil spirts in/with them, they are surrounded by them, worship them or what have you, don’t you think by you having their hair in your head, it would affect you in some spirituall way?....

Cause you to act in a negative way and you not even realizing it....?

Comments

• joseph sun
    joseph sun Members Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I had a lebron not sure if serious gif for an occasion like this, but lost it.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    *Screenshots opening post*
  • anthony7q
    anthony7q Members Posts: 782
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Think about it, you have someone elses hair, natural human hair in your head; 9 times outta 10 an indian's hair...

Now, they may practice hinduism, islam, may be catholic, or some other ? that you wouldn’t step 5 feet infront..

Now if they have evil spirts in/with them, they are surrounded by them, worship them or what have you, don’t you think by you having their hair in your head, it would affect you in some spirituall way?....

They're seduced by the outside society. How is it Black Men fault? We did not create the images that the mass media in the US project.
  • DRO
    edited September 2010
    Options
    So you telling me you HONESTLY telling me that evil spirits cant be passed on?.. especially if you have a part of that evil persons "life" attached to you?
  • DRO
    edited September 2010
    Options
    anthony7q wrote: »
    they're seduced by the outside society. How is it black men fault? We did not create the images that the mass media in the us project.

where did i say anything about black men?
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    sucks for everybody that shops and thrift stores
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    u know what...this ? makes sense. is it possible...not sure..i dont see why not but i get where ur going with this
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    laff.giflaff.giflaff.giflaff.gif

aaaahahahahahahaha
  • anthony7q
    edited September 2010
    Options
    where did i say anything about black men?

Sorry. i thought weeve=we have.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

I came in here to co-sign you until I actually read your post..... smh

But on the topic of hair on black women.... they go through great lengths to straighten their hair so they can be more "white" even though if you tell them that, they will deny it hand and foot. The thing is, that's not their natural hair style and it looks ridiculous on them for the most part. White women look good with straight hair because that's what they're supposed to look like. This, I believe, has a major influence on why many black men run to white females instead of their sistas (no ? ). Black women are portraying themselves as fake everytime they get their hair 'did' and straighten that ? ... It's fake and subconsciously as well as consciously un-attractive. Whether it's physical or mental attraction. I'm not saying everyone physically thinks black girls with straight hair looks ugly, but it sends a signal to the black man's subconscious that he should "idolize" straight hair. So when they see an attractive white women with straight hair and then see a black women who would be attractive if she didn't straighten her hair to make herself look like a deformed white woman... the black man is naturally going to go with the natural, more real female. This is why I appreciate and damn near worship black goddesses with natural 'kinky' hair, whether it be braided, dreaded, fro'd out or even kept short. It nearly disgusts me when I see a black woman with fake straightened hair. Only a very few, imo, black girls can pull it off with the straight hair because, well they're just ridiculously beautiful to begin with... but I would still prefer an afro over a fake stringy haired girl any day.

70% single Black Women in America? Well now you know one of the reasons.
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

I see what you're trying to say because you do have to watch what you put on your head for energy's sake, negative or positive. But, black women have worn weaves for at least the past 6,000 years, so I don't think that it's the root cause at all for many being lost.

Being stripped of your culture and place in society is though.
  • Babyface_Lo
    Babyface_Lo Members Posts: 146
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Black men are the reason why our women are lost. They have been forsaken except for sexual deviance and pleasures that the black male desires above of all things.

Lol yes black men are a BIG part of it. Not raising their children, criminal activity and a defeatist attitude don't help but blk women need to check themselves. We should behave classy, keep our weight in check and choose the right men who will be there for our family
  • Babyface_Lo
    Babyface_Lo Members Posts: 146
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    I came in here to co-sign you until I actually read your post..... smh

But on the topic of hair on black women.... they go through great lengths to straighten their hair so they can be more "white" even though if you tell them that, they will deny it hand and foot. The thing is, that's not their natural hair style and it looks ridiculous on them for the most part. White women look good with straight hair because that's what they're supposed to look like. This, I believe, has a major influence on why many black men run to white females instead of their sistas (no ? ). Black women are portraying themselves as fake everytime they get their hair 'did' and straighten that ? ... It's fake and subconsciously as well as consciously un-attractive. Whether it's physical or mental attraction. I'm not saying everyone physically thinks black girls with straight hair looks ugly, but it sends a signal to the black man's subconscious that he should "idolize" straight hair. So when they see an attractive white women with straight hair and then see a black women who would be attractive if she didn't straighten her hair to make herself look like a deformed white woman... the black man is naturally going to go with the natural, more real female. This is why I appreciate and damn near worship black goddesses with natural 'kinky' hair, whether it be braided, dreaded, fro'd out or even kept short. It nearly disgusts me when I see a black woman with fake straightened hair. Only a very few, imo, black girls can pull it off with the straight hair because, well they're just ridiculously beautiful to begin with... but I would still prefer an afro over a fake stringy haired girl any day.

70% single Black Women in America? Well now you know one of the reasons.

I don't agree. The weave i wear matches the colour and texture of my relaxed haiir. Also it is south asian hair not cauacasian. Also white women don't tend to have naturally straight hair hence the straightening iron market. Straight hair is usually an asian trait. Also the bad weaves look bad. With a good the first thing on your mind will be 'wow she looks good' not 'she looks fake/or wow that's an awful weave'

i wear weave because i do like straight hair and i need more volume. i prefer it to natural hair on me. its not self hate to admire a trait from another race or ethnic group. there are lots of features i have that i am so proud to have as a black woman. i don't think wearing weave causes me any problems in life
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I don't agree. The weave i wear matches the colour and texture of my relaxed haiir. Also it is south asian hair not cauacasian. Also white women don't tend to have naturally straight hair hence the straightening iron market. Straight hair is usually an asian trait. Also the bad weaves look bad. With a good the first thing on your mind will be 'wow she looks good' not 'she looks fake/or wow that's an awful weave'

i wear weave because i do like straight hair and i need more volume. i prefer it to natural hair on me. its not self hate to admire a trait from another race or ethnic group. there are lots of features i have that i am so proud to have as a black woman. i don't think wearing weave causes me any problems in life

Admire is one thing. Denying yourself for that admiration is another.

Besides the fact that weaves weaken the roots of your hair and cause considerable damage. Why give up your uniqueness for something that is not you? It really is no different from skin lightening creams, breast implants, and lip enhancers. Why do you admire it?

You can science it up anyway you want to, but artificial enhancements scream inferiority complex. I say this because I see women go through emotional crisis when they decide to go natural. WHy? because we have been conditioned to think we are not beautiful or appealing unless we conform to European standards. Some of us have broke out off it, but some of us haven't.

The Beauty in humanity is it's diversity.

Do you queen, and save your money.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

smh.... This is the typical denial attitude most black women that put fake ? in their hair have. They see nothing wrong with it because they are unaware of the subconscious damage it does to the psyche. "With a good weave the first thing on your mind will be 'wow she looks good' not 'she looks fake/or wow that's an awful weave" <~~~ WRONG. Just like yourself, it conditions people to glorify straight hair. Caucasians have natural stringy/straight hair. Some of them have stringy curly hair but they do NOT have kinky or what they call "nappy" hair. Asians share the same trait as caucasians when it comes to hair because their habitat was similar when they adapted many thousands of years ago. The only difference being they normally have darker colored hair.

Don't get me wrong, white women do also go through great lengths to get their hair styled, but it's usually to accent their already straight/stringy hair rather than going out of their way to make their hair so-called nappy. (Not counting white people that get dreads since they are not held up on a high horse in regards to beauty) I do not idolize or glorify any women for spending so much money or time to change their appearance. I personally can't stand made up barbie doll gold digging trophy wife with a ? load of cosmetics, no matter the race, that just screams fake. I don't mind a little eye liner, cuz I think it looks sexy, but all that gunk they put on their face and lipstick etc.... nasty.

Anyways back to the point, I'm not surprised to get a black female to disagree with my post, hence why I posted it as a psychological problem. 70% of black women would disagree with my post, just like 70% of black women in America are single or have a man they aren't generally happy with. BECAUSE YOU AREN'T HAPPY WITH YOURSELF!
  • BootyButterPi
    BootyButterPi Members Posts: 1,436 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I just think its wrong that all the other women in the world can wear their hair naturally, and our women gotta put harmful chemicals in their hair to be....

a) more accepted
    b)more manageble hair
    c)everyone else do it
    d)i dont know what i would do without a perm, weave, or jesus.
  • anthony7q
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I just think its wrong that all the other women in the world can wear their hair naturally, and our women gotta put harmful chemicals in their hair to be....

a) more accepted
    b)more manageble hair
    c)everyone else do it
    d)i dont know what i would do without a perm, weave, or jesus.

According to an article i read in the ajc.com over the summer the trend is to go back to the more natural look. Because of what happened to Naomi Campbell's hairline alot of black women are going back to the natural look by using a special ionized hair dryer.
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options
    anthony7q wrote: »
    According to an article i read in the ajc.com over the summer the trend is to go back to the more natural look. Because of what happened to Naomi Campbell's hairline alot of black women are going back to the natural look by using a special ionized hair dryer.

yeah. Weave sucks life from your natural roots. It's basically like grafting plants. When you put a stalk into another stalk it weakens the host stalk.

Mother Nature is too strong. When you go with the artificial and not the natural, Nature has a way of telling you stop doing that. Black women quit weaving your hair t is causing it too fall out and damage the roots. European standards of beauty is not what's up. All women are beautiful in their own way.

How come black guys have long, full natual hair and the sisters dont? Easy. They braid it and let it grow naturally without the use of harmful chemicals and weaves.
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    smh.... This is the typical denial attitude most black women that put fake ? in their hair have. They see nothing wrong with it because they are unaware of the subconscious damage it does to the psyche. "With a good weave the first thing on your mind will be 'wow she looks good' not 'she looks fake/or wow that's an awful weave" <~~~ WRONG. Just like yourself, it conditions people to glorify straight hair. Caucasians have natural stringy/straight hair. Some of them have stringy curly hair but they do NOT have kinky or what they call "nappy" hair. Asians share the same trait as caucasians when it comes to hair because their habitat was similar when they adapted many thousands of years ago. The only difference being they normally have darker colored hair.

Don't get me wrong, white women do also go through great lengths to get their hair styled, but it's usually to accent their already straight/stringy hair rather than going out of their way to make their hair so-called nappy. (Not counting white people that get dreads since they are not held up on a high horse in regards to beauty) I do not idolize or glorify any women for spending so much money or time to change their appearance. I personally can't stand made up barbie doll gold digging trophy wife with a ? load of cosmetics, no matter the race, that just screams fake. I don't mind a little eye liner, cuz I think it looks sexy, but all that gunk they put on their face and lipstick etc.... nasty.

Anyways back to the point, I'm not surprised to get a black female to disagree with my post, hence why I posted it as a psychological problem. 70% of black women would disagree with my post, just like 70% of black women in America are single or have a man they aren't generally happy with. BECAUSE YOU AREN'T HAPPY WITH YOURSELF!

Chike is doing the damn thing.
  • powerpuffpuff
    powerpuffpuff Members Posts: 62
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yea this weave got these hos going crazy

thank ? for my mothers good ole long hair.
  • Aquafinafloe
    Aquafinafloe Banned Users Posts: 2,871
    edited September 2010
    Options

@ ? sweety im dead at this u are sooo ? !! but real ish u never know though this may be indeed why some of these broads are realy bitter...smh@ makein this thread boy u is crazy!
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I get what he's trying to say...but LMAO!
  • BootyButterPi
    BootyButterPi Members Posts: 1,436 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    im ruined. I let too much of that "black power pride" ? go to my head. now i can never take a black women serious if she doesnt wear her hair natural and if she is a christian or muslim.

im done.

talk about steppin ya game up!

you know how hard it is to get a real real real black woman?

but whatever. Im open for the challenge.
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i think i get the point you are trying to make, but cant the same thing be said for the foods we consume? That have been tampered with by the human hand, the animals that are treated and slaughtered in an inhumane fashion and then delivered to us for our consumption? the whole "you are what you eat?" how about the things we read, or things we see, that are stored in and impressed upon our conscious/subconscious mind? We are all products of that.