• jonathand
    jonathand Members Posts: 3,144
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    CD changed Hip Hop. Kanyes production on BP changed Jay's career. Jay favorite rapper but CD wins . Kanye wins because without him neither of these cd's exist
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i'm picking CD...
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    CD changed Hip Hop. Kanyes production on BP changed Jay's career. Jay favorite rapper but CD wins . Kanye wins because without him neither of these cd's exist

Interesting Point..................
  • jonathand
    jonathand Members Posts: 3,144
    edited September 2010
    Options
    mrslim1 wrote: »
    cd changed hip hop. Kanyes production on bp changed jay's career. Jay favorite rapper but cd wins . Kanye wins because without him neither of these cd's exist

dead..........
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    jonathand wrote: »
    shock thread

Both are universally acclaimed and produced by kanye
  • Mrslim1
    edited September 2010
    Options
    tri3w wrote: »
    Interesting Point..................

Kanyes Production gave Jay - Z 14 plus years to his career. But also his production gave Jigga the ability to change from a DJ to a live band at his shows. Which offers the fan a better musical experience
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Hmmm, production wise they are equal but Jay was way more polish a rapper than Kanye. You can hear how inexperience Kanye was on that album in his flow and his lyrics. I personally feel Kanye peaked on Graduation
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Overall, I think College Dropout is better than Blueprint. Both albums showcase both artist's emotions and personal woes, but I think Kanye went a little more in depth than Jay from talking about his own insecurities, his struggle to come up and his family background and he did it in a more creative manner than Jay. Jay Z was the better overall MC and Blueprint is better produced, but College Dropout was a more well rounded and crafted album.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    how does this thread sucks? ? didnt even said wich one he thought was better lol. im assuming the first 2 ? are butthurt jigga warriors who really think college dropout > bp
    production in cd > bp
    lyrics in bp > cd
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    BP
    loved college dropout though
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I gotta go with BP. That joint was a game-changer. I don't see how Kanye is getting points for producing BP either. The production for both albums was simply exquisite, but the lyricism on BP far surpasses Kanye on CD
  • supersajinfo
    supersajinfo Members Posts: 461 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    College Dropout wins this one. That c.d's impact on the game actually was greater than BP
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Tough call but I have to say Blueprint
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    College Dropout
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    Kanyes Production gave Jay - Z 14 plus years to his career. But also his production gave Jigga the ability to change from a DJ to a live band at his shows. Which offers the fan a better musical experience

u always do know what u talking about in Music........I cant fault u for think like this...........imma still go with BluePrint though; that album is waht put Kanye in The Game, made him a viable producer
  • dj pre-k
    dj pre-k Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i dont ? wit jay so im goin wit kanye

there was some beautiful music on that cd
  • TRILLip Brooks
    edited September 2010
    Options
    there wouldn't be a college dropout if it wearnt for the blueprint
  • Monizzle
    Monizzle Members Posts: 1,666
    edited September 2010
    Options
    being a suburban ? college droupout had a bigger impact on me than the Blueprint. Now i didn't rock the pink polo or designer shades but the fact that someone was finally speaking about real ? without gunplay was amazing at the time when i was 14-15. I mean im always up to listen to jay-z and dig his music but college dropout changed what could fly in the rap game for better and for worse. You did not have to have gun play or get shot 30 times to rap. Unfortunately now people are abusing that rule and talking about their feminine swag and talking about how much money and hoes they claim they got but thats a whole other story.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Monizzle wrote: »
    being a suburban ? college droupout had a bigger impact on me than the Blueprint. Now i didn't rock the pink polo or designer shades but the fact that someone was finally speaking about real ? without gunplay was amazing at the time when i was 14-15. I mean im always up to listen to jay-z and dig his music but college dropout changed what could fly in the rap game for better and for worse. You did not have to have gun play or get shot 30 times to rap. Unfortunately now people are abusing that rule and talking about their feminine swag and talking about how much money and hoes they claim they got but thats a whole other story.

you got a point, but musically, the blueprint is better
  • Mrslim1
    edited September 2010
    Options
    tri3w wrote: »
    u always do know what u talking about in Music........I cant fault u for think like this...........imma still go with BluePrint though; that album is waht put Kanye in The Game, made him a viable producer

Thanx brother . Its cool we just agree to disagree . But I have to go with CD