well..THAT was anti-climatic: Rihanna

Options
marie addams
marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
edited September 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
after releasing her comeback single "only girl in the world" to lukewarm reviews (I actually like it a lot so this is not a hate thread)
and being out shined by a 9 year old's debut single, she leaks yet another single "electricity" i'm assuming to get more buzz. It's more urban than the other song i guess you can say but I like this one too..

BUT when artists start releasing 2 and three singles from an album in too short of a time you kinda know they're sweating...

my point is..no one is really TALKING about her new single..for the most part people have been "ehh" about it or they don't even know that she released new music at all. I truly think The willow thing knocked some of the wind out of her "comeback"

Do you like the "only girl" single? Or will this other single be the "hit" for her? Will she have to come with a better promotional game plan to get your attention?

lhttp://planetill.com/2010/09/planet-ill-breakdown-rihanna-electricity/ (i can't embed)

[/endramble]

Comments

• Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    after releasing her comeback single "only girl in the world" to lukewarm reviews (I actually like it a lot so this is not a hate thread)
    and being out shined by a 9 year old's debut single, she leaks yet another single "electricity" i'm assuming to get more buzz. It's more urban than the other song i guess you can say but I like this one too..

BUT when artists start releasing 2 and three singles from an album in too short of a time you kinda know they're sweating...

my point is..no one is really TALKING about her new single..for the most part people have been "ehh" about it or they don't even know that she released new music at all. I truly think The willow thing knocked some of the wind out of her "comeback"

Do you like the "only girl" single? Or will this other single be the "hit" for her? Will she have to come with a better promotional game plan to get your attention?

lhttp://planetill.com/2010/09/planet-ill-breakdown-rihanna-electricity/ (i can't embed)

[/endramble]

This.

Just wait till the spins come. I heard Tik Tokk in early 09 after all.