Who's The Better Group

Options
Queenslander
Queenslander Members Posts: 13
edited September 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
Boyz 2 Men Vs New Edition - Which group takes it out?

Comments

• Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Boys II Men Musically , But NE G.O.A.T
  • still-SBP
    still-SBP Members Posts: 898 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Musically my ass.Boys II Men were better singers,But all their hits minus one are slow ass boring songs im sorry.NE were better dancers and they had bangers.Id go to a Ne concert before a Boys II Men.
  • takesithard1
    takesithard1 Members Posts: 134
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Boyz II Men comes from New Edition. like, literally. New Edition had a song called boys to men, then mike bivens discover them dudes and put them down with the "east coast family" with BBD.

N.E never really went anywhere. same with boyz II men. boyz were more..........

I dont know because N.E kinda changed after BBD did their thang. BBD made r&b cool.

Boyz never went different ways. well, mike left because he back hurt.

shawn did that song vision on a sunset, solo. the best song i ever heard that wasnt about a man or woman.

i dont know. but if i had to pick 3 albums between the 2 groups....

1. motownphilly
    2. II
    3. New edition greatest hits.
  • boat1580
    boat1580 Members Posts: 200
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    New Edition is the better group overall...but I'm not an idiot I know vocally Boyz II Men is better
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Damn that's kind of hard, I like both but, I would give the edge to Boyz II Men.
    New Edition sounds horrible live Lol, did u see the 2009 BET Awards, I was cringing the whole time Lol
    But they are Legends and made great timeless music, it just doesn't sound good live
  • mrjun18
    mrjun18 Members Posts: 207
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Is this a question?????

N.E. >>> Boys II Men...

Yes BIIM can sing, they had the harmony, #1's etc blah blah...but NE had the longevity, more memorable songs, a larger quantity of quality tracks, better discography, more and better uptempo's, were able to split up and into lilttle groups/solo acts and ALL be successful with hits and platinum albums...AND reunite and still come back strong like its nothing etc..

They may not be what they used to be...but think about it.. its 2010...These guys came out aback in 1983...27 yrs later and they still able to sell out tkts and put on a show.

Maybe its just me, but BIIM (even though they were okay), will always be overrated.
  • mrjun18
    mrjun18 Members Posts: 207
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Sovo_Nah wrote: »
    Boyz II Men comes from New Edition. like, literally. New Edition had a song called boys to men, then mike bivens discover them dudes and put them down with the "east coast family" with BBD.

N.E never really went anywhere. same with boyz II men. boyz were more..........

I dont know because N.E kinda changed after BBD did their thang. BBD made r&b cool.

Boyz never went different ways. well, mike left because he back hurt.

shawn did that song vision on a sunset, solo. the best song i ever heard that wasnt about a man or woman.

i dont know. but if i had to pick 3 albums between the 2 groups....

1. motownphilly
    2. II
    3. New edition greatest hits.

"Motownphilly" is not an album.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • DeeJones215
    DeeJones215 Members Posts: 8
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Boyz II Men are better vocalist, but i have to say NE is a better group. They have consistantly been releasing NEW MUSIC throughout the years. Boyz II Men's last 2 albums were oldie remakes. Good to hear, but a great group will give you both old and new hits. Just my opinion.